Spring into a New Beginning- APRIL 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

:scared1::scared1:

Who the hell thinks that it is a good idea to show something like that as part of a news program?? No wonder there are issues with rescue serviced not getting through the crowds of people who think they need to life stream an accident...

it was bad. It was played her on Easter several times. They would show everything except for the shooting. The full version did make it rounds though. Thankfully I did not see it. I wish the guy did not kill himself though. I want to know why an innocent man minding his own business. It is just senseless.

My woohoo today is that I am finally booking a Disney cruise. I am just waiting to hear back from the Teresa at the Dis with the answers to some questions before we put the deposit down. I am guessing by the end of the week it will be booked.

Do you know what sailing you're doing yet? Have you said it and I missed it?

I haven't posted much but I've been reading everything during my lunch breaks. Sounds like April is going well for everyone.

Our boys are having an awesome time together.

That's so cool that everyone is getting along and having a great time. Sounds like a great trip!

I am guessing by the end of the week it will be booked.

I'm excited for you! Love those Disney cruises.

Who do you have in your life that is there to support you through thick and thin?

My husband and daughter are my biggest supporters. I also have a group of ladies that I meet up with once a month and group text that we always tell each other the good and bad stuff. I'm very lucky to have great people around me.

What are you woohooing today?

My woohoo is that we all did the superhero race this past Saturday. I was worried my daughter would hate it but she took off after the first half mile and I didn't see her again until the finish line. She had such a great time that she agreed to let me sign her up for the Six Flags Roller Coaster race.
This is us in our costumes before the race. I was up until 3am the night before finishing them but they turned out great. I made the resin jewels, my collar and arm cuffs. I made her belt, resin jewels, cape, wrist bands and fingerless gloves. I ran out of time to sew my costume but luckily had a purple shirt/skirt that worked. We are Raven and Starfire from Teen Titans.
17972048_10212268648782438_6336694068046275997_o.jpg

I could've sworn I wrote a reply yesterday--- but I think I must've gotten distracted and Stitch ate it.... :rolleyes:

Anyway! Woohooing that I signed up for even more classes at OT next month! I realized I am down one pant size in 3 months, and I would really like to go down another one (or two!) being that I may be going to my 10 yr high school reunion in September. Being down two sizes would put me back at my size when I was in high school so that would be neat. But realistically I would be totally happy just being one size up rather than the 3 it would have been had I not gotten in gear this year!

Also this time next week I will be packing it up to head up to Orlando again! I will mainly be at Universal for this trip, but DH and I will sneak over to MK for a final viewing of Wishes together.... I may or may not be sobbing. Wishes defines our era at Disney. I'm excited for the new show though :)

It's that time again,
Woohoo Wednesday!!

What are you woohooing today? It can be anything big or small, we are celebrating it all!​

Well, now that I can OFFICIALLY announce it, I am WOOHOOING that DD has been OFFERED and ACCEPTED a Disney Professional Internship!! She starts in early June and we are planning a road trip to get her there! Cannot wait!.....................P

Woohoo Wednesday! I'm woohooing that I kinda feel like I could conquer the world today haha :) That hardly ever happens so I'm going to ride it as far as I can. This evening will be a leg day at the gym, my eating is on point which is unfortunate because it's about to get thrown off on Thursday and Friday (lunch is being provided in a training that I'm in). But Yay for Wednesday and yay for having two days off of the same ol' thing.

More Woohoo's for today.

Miss Hormonal Bunny has been bred and is hopefully expecting. We had a nice drive to go meet up with my friend who has a buck ( well he is going to another part of the state this weekend).

12 year old brought home the sweetest little boy a Chocolate Otter Netherland Dwarf to add to the rabbit collection. My friend is going to let us work out payment later. He rode on her lap the whole drive just sitting there. Hoping that we can locate and obtain a female Netherland Dwarf before May 13 when they have to own them by for fair. We need to get more cages though we can fit 2 more in our little shed, and we have enough wire for building at least 2 if not 3 hutches for outside all we need is to get some wood.

12 year old's foot is clearing up nicely and should be completely cleared in 2-3 weeks. Her hand from Miss Hormonal Bunny biting her yesterday is just an abrasion not a puncture wound which while sore is going to be fine.

After that fateful meeting with Universal, Walt Disney Studios was still under contract for 3 more Oswald cartoons. Walt wanted to get started with the new Mickey Mouse cartoons right away but because the animators that were leaving for Universal were still around they had to work on them in secret. They would work on Mickey in Walt's garage and on early mornings. Eventually those animators left and they were free to work as they've pleased. The first Mickey cartoon made was called Plane Crazy. A preview of the cartoon was well received so they started work on a second one, The Gallopin' Gaucho. Walt had a hard time finding anyone to buy his cartoons. But that didn't get him down. He decided to make a third film but this time he was going to make it different. This time he would add sound. This had never been done before for a cartoon and some were skeptical. On November 18, 1928 Steamboat Willie premiered at the Colony Theater and was a huge success.
IMG_6001.JPG

Walt had to work on Mickey in secret. Have you ever felt like you had to be secrective about your lifestyle in the past?​

I have never felt like I had to be secretive. I have always been very open about it. I am very open in general about my life and maybe a little too much at time.

++++++++

I did get out for a walk last night. 2 days of hitting 10,000 steps. I walked up to get my kids from school. We made it back to the house just as it started to rain. My husband was telling me that it is ok if we get wet because it will be no different then at Disney. However I was not afraid of getting wet. It was the storm that was coming with it. We were on the edge of the storm so we did not get it as bad as others. Our area though got 2-3 inches of rain in less than an hour. Lots of flash flooding. We are suppose to more storms today except today they are supposed to be more sever. Later this afternoon we are supposed to get hail and the possibility of small tornadoes. This is all going to happen around 5. I just hope it waits until I get home. I don't think I will be able to get out for a walk this afternoon but hopefully I will make it to the rec instead.

Well, now that I can OFFICIALLY announce it, I am WOOHOOING that DD has been OFFERED and ACCEPTED a Disney Professional Internship!! She starts in early June and we are planning a road trip to get her there! Cannot wait!.....................P

WOOHOO!!!! So exciting!!!

Walt had to work on Mickey in secret. Have you ever felt like you had to be secrective about your lifestyle in the past?

This is a tricky one for me. Yes and no. Obviously, I have to be open with DH about what I'm up to. But as far as like family and friends, not so much. I see my SIL sharing stuff about OT on Facebook and other friends of mine publish their runs and stuff on Facebook too.... But I feel weird about doing that. Not because I am a super private person or anything, but I think it's more so I don't want public record of failing. Classic "if you don't talk about the problem it doesn't exist" mind set.

On the other side of that coin, I've been secretive about unhealthy choices in the past.... A few low moments have me stuffing cookies in my mouth in the kitchen BEFORE taking the appropriate serving size out to the table to eat with my husband.... I've done this at a few parties too. I didn't want people seeing the pudgy girl eating sweets and judging.... I'd love to say I'm over that, but I am a work in progress and it's not the case yet. I still have hang ups about people seeing me eating junk at parties. But I can say with confidence that it has been a loooong time since I snuck sweets in my own kitchen. At least I have that portion demon under control!

Currently, I sneak new work out clothes in the house to avoid the judgement of DH who doesn't understand why I need so many leggings. At least that's a secret I can be proud of! :rotfl:

Have you ever felt like you had to be secrective about your lifestyle in the past?

I have had to sneak items that others feel I should not have instead of enjoying them openly because I don't want to deal with the comments. Oh and I have to sneak my popcorn from 9 year old after she goes to bed because her idea of sharing is she gets 2.5 bowls and I get 1 if I am lucky. ( She is a shovel by handful eater and I am a one delicious piece at a time and savor it popcorn eater)

Walt had to work on Mickey in secret. Have you ever felt like you had to be secrective about your lifestyle in the past?​

Not necessarily secretive, but I choose to NOT display many "before" pictures of myself anywhere. I have posted pictures here a few times, but there is NOTHING on Facebook.... so there is a whole segment of people in my life that have never known me heavy (many people I work at school with). To be honest, at this point in my life I am PROUD of my accomplishment of weight loss and of my positions with WW so I usually tell any one who will listen!

I have had to sneak items that others feel I should not have instead of enjoying them openly because I don't want to deal with the comments. Oh and I have to sneak my popcorn from 9 year old after she goes to bed because her idea of sharing is she gets 2.5 bowls and I get 1 if I am lucky. ( She is a shovel by handful eater and I am a one delicious piece at a time and savor it popcorn eater)

I call them the Points police (or just the "Food Police" if you aren't a WW). It can be annoying to have someone in your life like that..... sometimes I just need to remind myself that they are only trying to be helpful.... but sometimes they are just trying to be controlling or "know-it-all"! With regards to WW, I just politely remind them that NOTHING is off limits for my healthy eating plan!

Hey all! I have just a few minutes to play catch up here, so I wanted to say HEY! So...... HEY! :goodvibes

I hopped on the scale today, hoping that my on-plan eating week outweighed my not-so-on-plan eating Easter weekend. My scale initially showed me up nearly 4 pounds :scared1: but I knew that had to be an error.... I certainly didn't eat THAT MANY chocolates! Hopped off the scale, gave it a minute to pull itself together, and hopped on to find a small loss over last week. Not as much as I would like, of course, but a small step in the right direction. There is still hope that I will hit my target number (1 pound below goal) by my anniversary on 5/17 if I am super careful for the next few weeks.

I am on school vacation next week, but in an effort to help pay for the road trip to take DD to Orlando to move her into her internship housing, I've picked up as many extra WW shifts as possible..... so in addition to my 2 regular meetings I am doing 5-6 extra meetings! I get paid for travel (time and mileage) plus the meeting salary, etc, so hoping that will TOTALLY pay for overnight hotels, food, and even one day park hoppers so that we can enjoy a day at the MK together before she officially starts work! I have a little money left in the "Mother/Daughter trip" envelope from last September's trip to San Diego, so that will be used as well. If we are careful with our hotel expenses and pack a full cooler of meals and snacks to eat along the way, we should be fine.

Heading to my Mom's tonight for a short overnight visit and to help with the church rummage sale..... it is a good cause AND I get first dibs on the bargains! Plus Mom and I can chat while we work.... triple win! Saturday evening DS should be coming home so that I can pull out a suitcase and help him get packed up for his trip to St. Louis with his robotics team next week. And I have a WW training meeting for several hours Sunday afternoon.... so overall a pretty busy weekend. If I can stay on track with the food and get in some exercise, I'll start next week feeling super positive and successful.... just the mindset I need to lead so many WW meetings next week!

Off to work a bit :rotfl: .................P

I've been secretive about unhealthy choices in the past.... A few low moments have me stuffing cookies in my mouth in the kitchen BEFORE taking the appropriate serving size

Yes!! This is me when I'm stressed out. A habit I'm trying to break but still sometime do.

Have you ever felt like you had to be secrective about your lifestyle in the past?

Like many others, I don't post anything on Facebook about diets or losing weight. I will post a race day photo but that is only because I like to look back at them. My girlfriends and I will discuss diets and weight but that's the only people I talk to about it.

Well last night was a bust for getting my 10,000 steps. Totally my fault. I was really tired and just didn't want to go out. The storm was not anywhere as bad as the meteorologist were saying. We still got a little storm and rain but nothing big at all.

I have been decent with eating. I got a grilled chicken sandwich yesterday and today at a deli here in our building. Instead of getting fries i got fruit. I am ready for fruit to be back in season here. I did try honeydew today. It was ok. I thought it really did not have much of a flavor to it.

I have nothing going on tonight to I am going to go to the rec tonight to get a work out in. I am already at 5,000 steps today thanks to the stairs finally being done. To get from my car to the building I work in we have to take the stairs if we walk. We can also take a shuttle. They were about to just fall apart to they finally tore them out and put in new ones. They have been working on this since January. They finally opened yesterday afternoon. It was so nice to walk, however walking up a huge hill and then about 2-3 flights of stairs. I was exhausted by the time I got to my desk. But it felt good that I had 2,000 steps by 8am.

Hey guys I haven't forgotten about you, it's been a long day since we had to be up at 3:30am for the race. I will be back a little later to post the question. I have to do a little reading first :)

Better late than never I guess :teeth:

When Mickey Mouse took off Walt was approached with an offered he couldn't refuse. While in New York he was approached by a man who wanted to put Mickey on writing tablets for children. The man offered Walt $300 and since he needed the money Walt accepted. After that venture proved to be successful, other merchandising offers started rolling in.
IMG_6149.JPG

Mickey merchandise was an unexpected benefit for Walt. Have you had any unexpected benefits from living a healthy lifestyle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter