Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

Haven't read anything in this thread, but found out this morning that I have this weekend off, when I thought I would be working. So ToT 10 Miler here I come!!! Hoping by some miracle the 10K opens back up, but not holding my breath, and won't be totally bummed if I can't.

Now time to catch up!

Last edited:
The 5k race description says participants will need to download an app ahead of time for the scavenger hunt portion.

Interesting, says it’s going to use Mobile Adventures by wildgoose, had to go ahead and download the app. I’m guessing we will scan a QR at the start and then who knows. Good and bad reviews but I never trust that. Wonder if anyone here has ever participated in anything like this before?
7D456B06-962B-43AB-8163-C614852AF3AA.png65DC15AB-9F24-4106-9EC1-2C2DDE78CFF5.png

For the evening 5k, what is the arrival time likely to be? And if visiting AK during the day would we need to leave and park elsewhere?

For the evening 5k, what is the arrival time likely to be? And if visiting AK during the day would we need to leave and park elsewhere?
Nothing is set till guides come out but I would suspect buses will start 2-3 hours before race start
As for parking I think it will just depend on when DAK closes gs when they start letting runners arrive

Haven't read anything in this thread, but found out this morning that I have this weekend off, when I thought I would be working. So ToT 10 Miler here I come!!! Hoping by some miracle the 10K opens back up, but not holding my breath, and won't be totally bummed if I can't.

Now time to catch up!
Just got a 10K spot!!!! I've been refreshing the site at least 10 times a day, just when I had the chance. Not really expecting it, but hoping. And it opened back up! Super excited now!

I have just started week 10 of my training plan and I think I’m right where I need to be! This is my first time training for a race that’s not a 5k and I am enjoying it immensely. The excitement is getting real and I feel like time is flying by! The next thing to do on my list is booking flights. I hope everyone is having fun with their training plans as well. :flower1:

Interesting that there is a moonlight magic event at Epcot the same evening as Everest is running…,I hope there is enough staffing and the race remains a night race as that was the selling point

Interesting that there is a moonlight magic event at Epcot the same evening as Everest is running…,I hope there is enough staffing and the race remains a night race as that was the selling point
We need to remember RunDisney has told us the theming of the Springtime Surprise races will change each year. There is no telling what will happen next year. I do hope there will be more night races.

I tend to indulge when at Disney so I purposely try to keep it light for pre-race meals. Had to learn that lesson the hard way with a dinner at Ohana the night before the Marathon… Not my finest moment! Now I usually get some pasta in a red sauce often from the resort food court. This year we are going to Mama Mia’s the evening before the 10-miler. Have not been there in a long time so looking forward to that.

I tend to indulge when at Disney so I purposely try to keep it light for pre-race meals. Had to learn that lesson the hard way with a dinner at Ohana the night before the Marathon… Not my finest moment! Now I usually get some pasta in a red sauce often from the resort food court. This year we are going to Mama Mia’s the evening before the 10-miler. Have not been there in a long time so looking forward to that.
I totally know what you mean. I definitely can’t eat too much and then try to go to bed early. Yuck!

Last edited:
Am I the only one surprised that the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Ten Miler is still available? I would have thought that it would have sold out a long time ago.

What are your favorite restaurants for pre-race dinners? We are staying at CSR, so I’m thinking about Rix’s Sports Grill.
Our go tos are Terralina Crafted Italian- they normally do 20% off for runners and they have great pasta. We did Trattoria al Forno over marathon weekend and really liked it! Some were small portions (such as the chicken parm), but the lasagna was massive!

Am I the only one surprised that the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Ten Miler is still available? I would have thought that it would have sold out a long time ago.
I think cause it’s not a night race….
However hearing it’s still open is making me contemplate if I’d be able to finish and be back at pop with enough time to check out

Any thoughts on whether it's better to take our own car to/from the race vs. using Disney transportation? This would be for the 10k, we expect to finish in approx. 1.5 hours, and we are staying at Saratoga springs.
Prior to the pandemic I did many Disney races and ALWAYS used Disney transportation, but I wasn't sure how things might be different now, and we'd like to get back to our room quickly.
Thanks!

I think the longest I waited for a bus (after getting on it) to return to the resort during MW was 10min. It might depend on how far away you have to park from the finishing area, but if the busses is as efficient as it was in January it might be a wash for which is faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter