Spring Surprise (March 31-April 3rd 2022)

I think the longest I waited for a bus (after getting on it) to return to the resort during MW was 10min. It might depend on how far away you have to park from the finishing area, but if the busses is as efficient as it was in January it might be a wash for which is faster.
Thanks!

I think cause it’s not a night race….
However hearing it’s still open is making me contemplate if I’d be able to finish and be back at pop with enough time to check out
That obviously depends upon how long it takes you to run 10 miles. For me, I completed a 1/2 marathon in August in 2:11 before I knew anything about proper training so I would have finished at around 7:15. After getting a medal and having a bite to eat, I would have been back at the Pop by 9:00 at the latest. Still plenty of time to take a shower and be ready for check out by 11:00. I say Go For It!

I think cause it’s not a night race….
However hearing it’s still open is making me contemplate if I’d be able to finish and be back at pop with enough time to check out
The cutoff time is about 2:40, with everyone likely starting by 6. So thats around 8:40 at the latest to be finishing. Even if you add a little more time, so like 9, that would still be more than enough time to get back to Pop and shower before checking out.

So they just announced the Expedition Everest refurb is delayed and it won't open until May now. I really thought that with the public opening so close to this weekend, that they might soft open EE for the 5K, but now I'm really doubting that will happen. I'm super confused/bummed that an EE themed race won't include the actual attraction!

Does anyone know at what mile markers do they pull people from the course if they aren’t keeping pace? Looking at info for the 10k.

Does anyone know at what mile markers do they pull people from the course if they aren’t keeping pace? Looking at info for the 10k.

It depends on the course and where there are convenient places to stage the buses. The course info will come out with the guide, usually 3-4 weeks before the races. In this case, I'd expect them a week or two after Princess (which is this coming weekend). Even then it's a bit of a guess. But as those who have been swept will tell you, it won't be a surprise. There will be people on bikes who will let you know ahead of time if you're in danger of being swept, and you'll have a chance to pick up the pace a bit if you're able.

So they just announced the Expedition Everest refurb is delayed and it won't open until May now. I really thought that with the public opening so close to this weekend, that they might soft open EE for the 5K, but now I'm really doubting that will happen. I'm super confused/bummed that an EE themed race won't include the actual attraction!
So true! That is disappointing.

Does anyone know if Allied Medal Hangers is likely to be at the expo and if they give out a discount code there? I’m considering buying a hanger for my medals and am wondering if I should wait until after the expo to buy. Thanks!

DVC Moonlight Madness at Epcot is on March 31 at 10PM. Is anyone, other than me, planning on going?
Not DVC but I’ll be running the 5K….
That said if anybody ever has room for an extra guest on any other night I’d love to be your “friend” for the evening

Seeking advice on race weekend park visits. We are only doing the 10k on Saturday. Right now, I have our trip planned as visiting Hollywood Studios on Saturday and Epcot on Sunday. But I was looking at the park opening times, and since Epcot opens at 10 am, I was thinking we might be better off doing Epcot on race day--otherwise I'm not sure we'll be able to finish the race (I'm guessing about 1hr 30 min.) get back to our hotel (Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom, for 4 people) to shower and change, and make it to Hollywood studios by 8:30
But....I also don't know the race course for Sunday---Since it's a Tower of Terror 10 miler--will the course end at Hollywood Studios like it did several years ago? Will the runners still be going through the park at 8:30?

How would you plan it, in my shoes? Keep it as Saturday Hollywood Studios, Sunday Epcot? Or switch?

Thanks!

Seeking advice on race weekend park visits. We are only doing the 10k on Saturday. Right now, I have our trip planned as visiting Hollywood Studios on Saturday and Epcot on Sunday. But I was looking at the park opening times, and since Epcot opens at 10 am, I was thinking we might be better off doing Epcot on race day--otherwise I'm not sure we'll be able to finish the race (I'm guessing about 1hr 30 min.) get back to our hotel (Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom, for 4 people) to shower and change, and make it to Hollywood studios by 8:30
But....I also don't know the race course for Sunday---Since it's a Tower of Terror 10 miler--will the course end at Hollywood Studios like it did several years ago? Will the runners still be going through the park at 8:30?

How would you plan it, in my shoes? Keep it as Saturday Hollywood Studios, Sunday Epcot? Or switch?

Thanks!
Right now the course maps haven’t been released, so I don’t know where the finish line will be. What I can tell you is when I was at MW and did Magic Kingdom marathon Sunday, the buses were running behind, and mine seemed to take a very roundabout way to the park. I had to move my Genie+ reservation from 9-something to 10-something because I was not going to make it.

was there anything to pre-order for this weekend? like they have bundles for marathon weekend, etc?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter