Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

For the Wine & Dine After party, I think it’s included with the half, but there is also an option to buy it separately. It’s still available to purchase for this fall, as of this morning:
I always thought the Wine and Dine half and challenge were more expensive than the other weekends to cover the cost of including the party but it looks like W&D and Princess were exactly the same prices this year (and only a few bucks different than the MW half). Really stinks for Princess runners in not getting that extra benefit.

Here's my question for y'all. I'm not going to make it down to Disney next Spring for this event (just doesn't work with the school calendar), but I'd really like to run the virtual 5k (have you seen the medal?! So cute!).

How likely do you think the virtual 5k is to sell out quickly?

Right now it looks like there are only two virtual 5ks that are sold out: 100 Years (obvious because it's cheap!) and Wine & Dine (which is only two months away). So can I wait (spread out my running tab a little bit) and register in say December?

Here's my question for y'all. I'm not going to make it down to Disney next Spring for this event (just doesn't work with the school calendar), but I'd really like to run the virtual 5k (have you seen the medal?! So cute!).

Right now it looks like there are only two virtual 5ks that are sold out: 100 Years (obvious because it's cheap!) and Wine & Dine (which is only two months away). So can I wait (spread out my running tab a little bit) and register in say December?
Where are you seeing the medal? I haven't seen anything other than the theme graphics.

Probably. We're four months away from the January races and neither of those 5ks have sold out. It's a risk though, I don't know if anyone here has been keeping track of when they stop selling them.

What are we thinking for routes? The same out and back between Epcot and DHS?
Location for the 10 Miler is still listed as Hollywood Studios, which is now making me wonder if the plan is to have it start and end there, rather than Epcot. Weirdly, the location for the other two races is still “WDW Resort”, even though every 5k and 10k in recent memory (with the exception of one) has started and ended at Epcot. IIRC this year the listed location of all three races was Epcot.

The obvious plan if they actually do start the race in HS, given the theme, is to loop into AK instead. I have no clue if this is feasible though.

That being said, I'd love for the long race to be Lion King themed! But if I were to speculate, I'd guess the 5K will be Lion King and maybe in DAK again. (Seems silly to not use that park for that particular theme.) And for fun, I'll say the 10K will be Peter Pan and the 10-Miler will be Up/Adventure themed.

Well I was completely wrong with my guess. :rotfl2:

That being said, I'm very excited about Lion King being the 10-Miler. It's my favorite Disney film, so I'm in again for the Challenge. (Assuming registration luck is in my favor.) I'd also like to see it go through DAK in some way, but I don't think that's going to happen. :confused3

It's all here in the first post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-race-weekend-sell-out-timing.3844193/

There have only been two iterations of Springtime Surprise so far
I love how it took 5 days for the Challenge to sell out last year and it took 35 minutes the year before. You just never know what to expect.

I am going to try to get the Challenge and if I do, I was supposed to go. If I don't get it, I will take that as my sign that I was not supposed to make this trip. I usually do the charity route but I have burned out my fundraising base the last couple of years and I just do not have the energy to try that again. Lol.

Just emailed RD to ask if the details for the 10 Miler mean that the race will be starting at HS, I also prefaced by saying "I know you eventually provide this info in the guide, but...". The response came VERY quickly, but also... it's basically an automated response. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm aware of the guide guys!

"We appreciate you reaching out to us as you prepare for the upcoming runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend.

The Official Digital Event Guide is a valuable resource that will become available approximately two weeks prior to the event weekend. We are happy to share with our runners and spectators any course information, an itinerary of the weekend, directions, and other important details to help you plan your time with us. The guide will be posted under the event's "Weekend Overview" tab on the runDisney website.

Kevin, we look forward to seeing you at the finish line!"

Could someone kindly please explain how I would register me and 4 others for the SS 5k.

I’m registered with runDisney, do I need to register the other 4 people ?
Can I, hopefully, register us all in one go for the 5k or do I need to do them all individually?

Could someone kindly please explain how I would register me and 4 others for the SS 5k.

I’m registered with runDisney, do I need to register the other 4 people ?
Can I, hopefully, register us all in one go for the 5k or do I need to do them all individually?
You can register everyone all in one transaction but you have to add each person one at a time and the race could sell out before you get everyone in and finish paying. If it is one of those scenarios where you all run or nobody does, this approach makes sure you all are in the same boat. But, if you have people who are ok being left out then I would register them first, finish paying, and then go back in and register everyone else. It's possible to get all 5 if you get a short wait time when the queue opens but it's a crapshoot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter