• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

I haven't trained with energy gels or beans for this run. But, I have used them for longer distances in the past. I ran 11 miles a few days ago and my legs were absolutely gassed at mile 7. I still made it in before the balloons would have caught me, but I'd like to fuel a little better during the run. Will there be anything at the expo or on the course anyone would recommend? I could also just bring something with me. Any recommendations?
Applesauce packets are also a great backup that you can find at any grocery store. Unless you already have had the flavor combos, probably better to stick with one's like Mott's Apple or Go-Go's Apple-Apple versions.

I am looking forward to next week. Part of me is trying to moderate the enthusiasm because the health of my FIL could prevent DH and/or I to go. We have decided to act as if we are going. So the preparation is ongoing: Delegation at work, food, transportation and care for our daughters and FIL, choice of clothes for the luggage, grocery order for our trip!

Saturday HH meetup sounds good for now. Thanks! We have a reservation at Space 220 lounge at 6PM. I will probably also come to some morning meetups. I really liked to be in the first wave last year so I might leave early.

You get the same amount of endurance from walking as you do from running. Really, you do! There are Galloway runners who do ALL of their long runs as walks and do just fine. And the bike should help with your cardio. You've got this!

Right now my plan is to maybe walk the 5K, walk most of the 10K and run/walk the 10 miler. I will see how I feel. I know I'll be fine for the distances and I think I did ok keeping up what fitness I could. I just can't see myself walking 10 miles. I am losing my mind right now at 5-6 miles and I walk pretty fast.

I haven't trained with energy gels or beans for this run. But, I have used them for longer distances in the past. I ran 11 miles a few days ago and my legs were absolutely gassed at mile 7. I still made it in before the balloons would have caught me, but I'd like to fuel a little better during the run. Will there be anything at the expo or on the course anyone would recommend? I could also just bring something with me. Any recommendations?

I'll probably try to find what I have used in the past. Thanks!!

If you feel that you might have to use something that you haven't used in the past, I would recommend using the most food-like thing possible. I've used things like applesauce packets, pretzels, hard candy, rice krispie treats, pop tarts, maple syrup, etc. It seems like "real food" is less likely to upset your system because it is already something familiar.

But of course, if you can find the fuel that you've used in the past, definitely go that route.

Right now my plan is to maybe walk the 5K, walk most of the 10K and run/walk the 10 miler. I will see how I feel. I know I'll be fine for the distances and I think I did ok keeping up what fitness I could. I just can't see myself walking 10 miles. I am losing my mind right now at 5-6 miles and I walk pretty fast.
I will be right there with you. I just found out last week I have a tear in my meniscus on my left knee. I just got a cortisone shot on Tuesday. Between my knee and the weather it should be an interesting week for me.

I will be right there with you. I just found out last week I have a tear in my meniscus on my left knee. I just got a cortisone shot on Tuesday. Between my knee and the weather it should be an interesting week for me.
I hope the cortisone shot brings you some relief!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter