Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Sorry, another question from me. We are not visiting any parks this time, but I would like to get some race photos. Is it possible to purchase the race photos? Is it through Memory Maker? I am on the .ie website and it doesn't give me an option to purchase MM separately, only as part of a park tickets package. US residents- do you have that option? To buy the photos? If so I will go on via VPN to buy the MM for the race day! Thanks
It would be through Memory Maker. You can buy a one day memory maker add on as well.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/?CMP=ILC-DPFY18Q2wo0215180035A

Ah yes, ok, that link brings me through to the ticket purchase section on the .ie site. I'm going to have to use VPN to get onto the US site to buy the one day add on- good to know it exists for purchase though. Thanks again, and for your patience with all my questions. Our trip is getting close now- we leave in a couple of weeks for the US, so I am trying to make sure I have everything as organised as I can before we fly over.

Sorry, another question from me. We are not visiting any parks this time, but I would like to get some race photos. Is it possible to purchase the race photos? Is it through Memory Maker? I am on the .ie website and it doesn't give me an option to purchase MM separately, only as part of a park tickets package. US residents- do you have that option? To buy the photos? If so I will go on via VPN to buy the MM for the race day! Thanks
I know they normally have a photopass area in the arena I think you can add it on there

Is it possible to purchase individual photos from Run Disney? Anyone know the prices at all?

I vaguely remember reading a few years ago that some of the cart/booth/tent at the Start/Finish area were only taking some specific form of payments. Can anyone update us on this, please?

I vaguely remember reading a few years ago that some of the cart/booth/tent at the Start/Finish area were only taking some specific form of payments. Can anyone update us on this, please?
Last year at Spring Time Surprise I bought a shirt at the Start/Finish area using a credit card, I can not speak to cash, but there was a register. So likely cash and card.

Approx how many character stops are there?
From memory at the W and D half there were between 10 and 15 over the 13 miles.

I did a 26km walk today- the first 16km (10 miles) I managed in 2 hours and 21 mins. Its slower than I would have liked :-/
Worst case scenario that gives me 20 mins to meet characters if I was last leaving in the last corral.

I did a 26km walk today- the first 16km (10 miles) I managed in 2 hours and 21 mins. Its slower than I would have liked :-/
Worst case scenario that gives me 20 mins to meet characters if I was last leaving in the last corral.
10-miler had 12 stops last year.

Courtesy of @XoxoAmy heres the (full?) list of characters from last year’s race. Keep in mind this race was ToT themed, but if the race has the same route, I think it’s a decent bet that we’ll get the return of the ToT bellhops and some Star Wars characters at Galaxy’s Edge. Obviously plenty of Pixar characters.

chip & dale in little 1930s tux
jiminy cricket (!)
Donald & Daisy in 1939s formal wear,
Perry the platypus (not exactly 1930 themed?)
Storm troopers
woody & Bo peep
Minnie in front of the Chinese theatre in 1930s formal dress
One of the 3 caballeros
the spooky bellmen in dust and cobwebs in front of TOT
Pluto dressed as a bellman
Goofy in formal 1930 tux
Scrooge in 1930 formalwear
Joy and Sadness (same as 10k)

Courtesy of @XoxoAmy heres the (full?) list of characters from last year’s race. Keep in mind this race was ToT themed, but if the race has the same route, I think it’s a decent bet that we’ll get the return of the ToT bellhops and some Star Wars characters at Galaxy’s Edge. Obviously plenty of Pixar characters.

chip & dale in little 1930s tux
jiminy cricket (!)
Donald & Daisy in 1939s formal wear,
Perry the platypus (not exactly 1930 themed?)
Storm troopers
woody & Bo peep
Minnie in front of the Chinese theatre in 1930s formal dress
One of the 3 caballeros
the spooky bellmen in dust and cobwebs in front of TOT
Pluto dressed as a bellman
Goofy in formal 1930 tux
Scrooge in 1930 formalwear
Joy and Sadness (same as 10k)
Bowler Hat Guy
Tower Bellhops
Chip & Dale
Jose
Pluto
Goofy
Scrooge
Joy & Sadness
Perry
Jiminy Crickett
Donald & Daisy
Mickey & Minnie
Adventurers Club

I don't count things like the stormtroopers because that is not an official stop. They are above more as entertainment.

10K was as follows:
Mickey & Minnie
Chip & Dale
Pinocchio & Geppetto
Joy & Sadness
Goofy
Horace & Clarabelle
Pluto
Donald & Daisy
Remy & Emile

5K:
Goofy
Daisy
Timon
DiVine
(I do think a 5th was planned but the course was modified due to weather)

Bowler Hat Guy
Tower Bellhops
Chip & Dale
Jose
Pluto
Goofy
Scrooge
Joy & Sadness
Perry
Jiminy Crickett
Donald & Daisy
Mickey & Minnie
Adventurers Club

I don't count things like the stormtroopers because that is not an official stop. They are above more as entertainment.

10K was as follows:
Mickey & Minnie
Chip & Dale
Pinocchio & Geppetto
Joy & Sadness
Goofy
Horace & Clarabelle
Pluto
Donald & Daisy
Remy & Emile

5K:
Goofy
Daisy
Timon
DiVine
(I do think a 5th was planned but the course was modified due to weather)
Agreed I fully expect another stop would of been after Daisy during the scrapped out/back of the 5k
Also at least when I passed Rafiki I believe was with Timon and goofy & Mickey switched out

It will be interesting to see if they stick to Pixar characters or mix things up….

Thanks a million folks.
That's great information.
Sorry for all the questions. I'm getting really nervous about the whole trip.

We're in Florida for almost 3 weeks before the run, and I'm really anxious I won't get time to get my walks in. And also the heat/humidity.

Yesterday's walk (charity walk for St Patrick's Day!) was typically Irish weather- overcast, with spitting rain, and cool.... actually great conditions for exercise, in my opinion. Lol.

I'm also really anxious I won't get to meet the characters due to my pace, and then having to take the time to queue to meet each one.

I just enjoyed my last Run Disney event so much that I'm worried I've built this up in my head.

What are the bets that they have people from the Nemo show in costumes up on a float or something? That would be pretty cool….
I know during last years 5k they had some turtles idk if they were from the than shuttered show or the kitetales pre show

Attachments

• CCF32372-940D-4CDE-B115-6DDA4C57F928.jpeg
    CCF32372-940D-4CDE-B115-6DDA4C57F928.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 10
My family loved the Adventurers Club and if they're on the course this year, I'm stopping for pictures. Nothing else jumps out at me as must-stop from last year.

Thanks a million folks.
That's great information.
Sorry for all the questions. I'm getting really nervous about the whole trip.

We're in Florida for almost 3 weeks before the run, and I'm really anxious I won't get time to get my walks in. And also the heat/humidity.

Yesterday's walk (charity walk for St Patrick's Day!) was typically Irish weather- overcast, with spitting rain, and cool.... actually great conditions for exercise, in my opinion. Lol.

I'm also really anxious I won't get to meet the characters due to my pace, and then having to take the time to queue to meet each one.

I just enjoyed my last Run Disney event so much that I'm worried I've built this up in my head.
Yes.

Sorry @TeaNaP that was a bit abrupt but I don’t think you should stress! If you’re keeping up with training and maintaining a good pace it’s not a big deal if you’re not able to exercise as much during the last three weeks. Get in what you can, get used to the climate a bit, but you’re probably in good shape.

As for characters, it sounds like your goal is to stop for as many characters as possible and the best advice I can give is to just go with the flow. I’ve never really stopped for that many characters and others who do more of this can chime in but I feel like prioritizing just naturally becomes sort of a thing. You might have to decide whether to take an early stop, and maybe that line takes 10 min so further on you might just have to skip a stop or two. Or you can skip that and bank on shorter lines later. I think if you go in with a more flexible mindset you’ll relax a bit more. I fall into a similar trap whenever i book “vacations” in general (vacations in quotes bc I go in with the expectation of doing too much) and inevitably I have to put the list aside and allow myself more flexibility to enjoy the moment.

Ah, the mental aspect of running! The bane of all runners' existence.

One thing that I've found works for me is to go back to the basics. If you can arrive at the start line well-trained, healthy, rested, and fueled/hydrated, you're golden. If you arrive at the start line with 50% of that list, you are where almost every other runner is. Do what you have been doing in training and don't let the gremlins in your head talk you into doing something new on race day. Start out slow, stick to your plan, and finish upright with a smile on your face. You'll have a great time!

Anybody have any memory maker/photo pass shares available? I'm happy to donate to charity to help someone meet their fundraising goals. I was sharing a memory maker with someone else, but she is no longer going to be able to run SS due to a torn meniscus.

Does anyone know if the buses were more organized at the last couple of races (Marathon or princess) For springtime last year they were such a disaster I was thinking about driving this year. Our driver got lost and we missed the start of a race. We did make it before the end of the start if that makes sense (we couldn't start in our assigned corral because it'd already left) I like taking buses for convenience but I'm nervous about missing the start again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter