Square footage

WILDERNESS FAN 55

CANNOT GET ENOUGH
Have stayed in 2br OKW and Loved it ! I read it is 1333 sq ft. Next trip with family would like to stay in either BWV or BLT 2br. I read 1071 and 1152 sq ft respectively so my question is where did they take the space from ? The bedrooms or the living area ?
Those who have stayed in both OKW and these two , does it have a "much" smaller feel ?
Thanks !

All rooms in OKW 2BRs are larger than all rooms in the 2BRs elsewhere and its living room and kitchen area is huge in comparison to others. BWV represents the size of rooms at BWV, BCV, SSR, VWL, and AKV Jambo (except value which are the smallest DVC rooms) which are close in size to each other. BLT has a very large living room in comparison to BWV but smaller than OKW. Its studio/second bedroom is actually smaller than all resorts except AKV value rooms. The BLT studio/second bedroom is about 340 sq ft, while BWV/SSR/VWL/BCV/AKV other than value are all in the 360 range, OKW 380.

For space all around, OKW 2BRs beat all the others (and that includes porch size). However, both the BLT and AKV Kidani standard and savanna view 2BRs offer plenty of space, while BWV, BCV, SSR, AKV Jambo and VWL can get crowded in the living room area. The new VGF represents a new in-between since its studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs will be larger than all the WDW DVC resorts except OKW which remains the largest.

Its probably easiest to log into DVC member and look at floorplans - its pretty obvious when you are looking at a floorplan. (Its a little here, a little there, and a lot from the OKW laundry room - that becomes a closet with apartment stackers in the other resorts). IMO OKW rooms are bigger, but because they are "tilted" - they aren't actually that much bigger in terms of usable space - but they are and feel more spacious. The other resorts are rectangles - the room layout is efficient).

The one thing about BLT villas, too, is that if you are on the inside of the C, your villa will be smaller than if you were on the outside of the C. The layout of the villa is even slightly different between the two. The living room of the inner C villa will be closer in size to the BWV, BCV, etc living rooms. I'd even go so far to say it's smaller than the BWV, BCV, etc living room. It's really not that big at all. Nothing compares to OKW.

OKW almost has a real dining room compared to just a small table or counter to eat at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter