SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

thats great thanks for letting me know, can i ask you another odd question, sorry we have never done DVC, seen as theres no housekeeping will i need to order toilet roll in my instacart delivery?
No toilet paper is also provided. If there's anything you run out of it can be replenished at any point by calling housekeeping.

No toilet paper is also provided. If there's anything you run out of it can be replenished at any point by calling housekeeping.
great - thanks so much for replying, i really appreciate it. Can i ask you one last thing?! I feel nervous ordering instacart to the resort, it is allowed right? And do you know if they deliver it to your room or to bell services? Thanks so much

I called a few weeks ago in reference to a food delivery, and they will hold it. The guest name on the reservation and the word "guest" need to be on there. There is a $6 charge for the resort to receive the delivery.

great - thanks so much for replying, i really appreciate it. Can i ask you one last thing?! I feel nervous ordering instacart to the resort, it is allowed right? And do you know if they deliver it to your room or to bell services? Thanks so much

We use instacart through publix every trip and have never had a problem or felt weird. Bell services will hold it till your ready. Enjoy your trip!

Hi all,
Forgive me for not reading through to find this answer, but I have just booked our first 2 bedroom at SSR. We are usually 1 bedroom people so we are looking forward to the extra space. :banana:

I was looking at pics online and saw that some of the 2 bedrooms have double beds, but my memory is that a studio has one bed with a pullout. I booked just a standard 2 bedroom. Will I have double beds or the one bed with a pullout? Thanks!

Hi all,
Forgive me for not reading through to find this answer, but I have just booked our first 2 bedroom at SSR. We are usually 1 bedroom people so we are looking forward to the extra space. :banana:

I was looking at pics online and saw that some of the 2 bedrooms have double beds, but my memory is that a studio has one bed with a pullout. I booked just a standard 2 bedroom. Will I have double beds or the one bed with a pullout? Thanks!
I don't think they ever had dbl. beds, from my memory , maybe except for the couch pullout possibly. But moving forward everything will be queen.
Here's a link to the newly renovated 2br.
EDIT: BTW it will sleep 9 now ,if need be.

Last edited:
I think the dedicated 2br( called 2br villa on DVC site) have 2 beds in one room and the lockoffs (called 2br lockoff villa) have a bed and a pull out as the extra room can be rented as a studio. They are two different bookings. I just booked a 2br dedicated for thanksgiving. The 2 beds were the driving factor.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2-br-lock-off-vs-dedicated.3790844/#post-61535558Here is a thread about what you are asking.

Last edited:

I think the dedicated 2br( called 2br villa on DVC site) have 2 beds in one room and the lockoffs (called 2br lockoff villa) have a bed and a pull out as the extra room can be rented as a studio. They are two different bookings. I just booked a 2br dedicated for thanksgiving. The 2 beds were the driving factor.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2-br-lock-off-vs-dedicated.3790844/#post-61535558Here is a thread about what you are asking.

Thank you so much for your response. You are correct! I went back to the booking categories and the standard villa has the double beds while the lock-off has the double with a sleeper. I didn't even realize that information was there--I just book and move on. Thanks for teaching me something new!

Thank you so much for your response. You are correct! I went back to the booking categories and the standard villa has the double beds while the lock-off has the double with a sleeper. I didn't even realize that information was there--I just book and move on. Thanks for teaching me something new!
They are Queen size beds, not double beds. The sofa bed in the living room is a queen sofa bed and the sofa bed in the studio portion of a lock-off is a double bed. I am not nitpicking on you, but the size difference does matter to me when I am booking rooms.

They are Queen size beds, not double beds. The sofa bed in the living room is a queen sofa bed and the sofa bed in the studio portion of a lock-off is a double bed. I am not nitpicking on you, but the size difference does matter to me when I am booking rooms.
No, I'm glad you pointed that out! So happy that they are QUEEN and it does matter--especially if you have ever stayed at BLT with their sleeper(very small)!! Love BLT, but that was too small for us.

I've read on another thread that the Congress Park building refurbs are complete and that crews have moved to The Springs. Are there any official sources confirming this? We check in this weekend (preferred one bedroom), and like everyone else, are hoping we luck out with a room in CP. The new rooms look amazing and I hope we get a sprinkling of Disney magic. :)

We just booked our first stay home at SSR! We booked a preferred one bedroom for September :) I’m hoping for a renovated room, they look beautiful!

We just booked our first stay home at SSR! We booked a preferred one bedroom for September :) I’m hoping for a renovated room, they look beautiful!
All preferred rooms should be done well before September. Have fun and Welcome home.

We just got back from SSR on Sunday. They were still working on Congress park then.

We did have one of new Studios, very nice. My DD loved the murphy bed.

I have a Riviera Club deluxe studio booked for late April, but I can get SSR one bedroom either preferred or not instead. I'm thinking of switching as the idea of a full kitchen with a toddler plus the additional space is enticing me. What are the chances of getting a renovated room? Do I need to book the "preferred" one bedroom for it to be a potential option? Thanks!

I have a Riviera Club deluxe studio booked for late April, but I can get SSR one bedroom either preferred or not instead. I'm thinking of switching as the idea of a full kitchen with a toddler plus the additional space is enticing me. What are the chances of getting a renovated room? Do I need to book the "preferred" one bedroom for it to be a potential option? Thanks!

If only Congress Park is almost done, than yes, you need to book the preferred category. In addition to the extra space and full kitchen you'll also get an in-unit washer and dryer which can come in very handy if needed.

If only Congress Park is almost done, than yes, you need to book the preferred category. In addition to the extra space and full kitchen you'll also get an in-unit washer and dryer which can come in very handy if needed.
Thank you for mentioning the washer and dryer! That can be a life saver these days with a little one!

Where is Chip n Dale's Cafe near the golf course? Hope we get a room in the Paddock area, but the Cafe looks like it has some good options. What do people think of their offerings? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter