SSR Question from a non DVC'er

mickeyetta

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
Hubbie and I have booked up for 2 weeks at SSR in November this year staying in a 1 bed apt.

I'd like to try and contact the resort before we leave and request a room in the Congress Park area at SSR as we'd love to be near Downtown Disney. (I know that requests cant be garuntted but i thought it was worht a shot ;) )

Does anyone have the contact details i need to make this request, and if so when do you suggest I contact them, to give them enough time to recieve this before our arrival on the 1st of November.

Many Thanks

Mickeyetta
(Helena)

if you booked througth disney centrel reservations you will have to contact them,outher than that ask at checkin they will be more than willing to accomodate.Walk from CP 10min to rainforest and it has loverly views over the lake
Paulh

Thanks For the swift reply Paul,

We've booked thorugh tradewinds in the UK as they were the only people who would create a package with SSR as our accomodation and we beat them down on the price as well :thumbsup2

Do you happen to know if there is an E-mail address for the front desk so that I could get my request in early??

Thanks again,

Mickeyetta

Thanks For the swift reply Paul,

We've booked thorugh tradewinds in the UK as they were the only people who would create a package with SSR as our accomodation and we beat them down on the price as well :thumbsup2

Do you happen to know if there is an E-mail address for the front desk so that I could get my request in early??

Thanks again,

Mickeyetta

sorry we booked via member services so don't have an email address but you should get back on to Tradewinds and ask them to request CP for you.

p.s. the resort is beautiful and so is the Truf Club restaurant if you don't feel like going out far nice walk from CP or right at The Springs Section

Hi All,
Hubbie and I have booked up for 2 weeks at SSR in November this year staying in a 1 bed apt.

I'd like to try and contact the resort before we leave and request a room in the Congress Park area at SSR as we'd love to be near Downtown Disney. (I know that requests cant be garuntted but i thought it was worht a shot ;) )

Does anyone have the contact details i need to make this request, and if so when do you suggest I contact them, to give them enough time to recieve this before our arrival on the 1st of November.

Many Thanks

Mickeyetta
(Helena)
Hi there
we will be booking in on the 1st Nov too
Thats if I ndo not change the plans
I'm quite good at doing that :rotfl2:

Contact who ever you booked with and ask them to reguest Congress Park area for you

good Luck :wizard:

Hi Helena

before we joined DVC, I would always contact the resort we were staying at direct to make any requests (sometimes we were lucky, sometimes not). Although the bulk of our holidays were booked through Virgin Holidays, I still contacted the French Quarter etc via fax. There is good advice on this on All Ears.Net, it tells you the fax numbers for the resorts and even gives you a sample fax which gives guidelines on making your requests. I will see if I can find a link and update ...

Thank you all for your help...

November seems such a long way off at the moment so I thought I'd keep myself happy by planning like mad.

And if your plans dont change "Jns" we'll see you there on the 01/11 :wave2:

Thanks again

Mickeyetta (Helena)

The last couple of times we've checked into SSR we've been given a choice of rooms that were ready, and been shown the location, etc., before deciding which to take :)

Who did you book with, could they maybe put in the request for you? If not I'd get the number of the hotel and ring them direct nearer the date. That's what we did.

Just wanted to say hello as well, SSR is our home resort and we're checking in on the 1st November as well! :yay:

Who did you book with, could they maybe put in the request for you? If not I'd get the number of the hotel and ring them direct nearer the date. That's what we did.

Just wanted to say hello as well, SSR is our home resort and we're checking in on the 1st November as well! :yay:

see you there on the 1st Nov too

Sounds like a mini meet is in the making :)

With it both being your home resort you'll have to show me around...and whilst your at it see if you can talk my hubbie into buying a few DVC points :lmao: :lmao:

See you all there...fight you for 1st spot in the check-in que :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mickeyetta

Sounds like a mini meet is in the making :)

With it both being your home resort you'll have to show me around...and whilst your at it see if you can talk my hubbie into buying a few DVC points :lmao: :lmao:

See you all there...fight you for 1st spot in the check-in que :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mickeyetta

I'll be lost myself, have only had the DVC tour there before, the place is huge!!

I ran for my County so I'll take that challenge!! :rotfl:

Are you flying with Virgin?

Yes Tracey we are flying with Virgin LGW to MCO on the 1st of Nov... are you??

We're not toosure if we are on the early or later flight yet as tradewinds have not updated our booking.:rolleyes2

Mickeyetta

Yes we're on the earlier flight (it's been changed from 11.15 to 10.45am). Suits me, will be in Florida half an hour early! Are you getting the ME or are you hiring a car?

T
x

We're hiring a car Treacle.

That's really hubbies part of the holiday he's not as into the Disney stuff as me and has to have the biggest car we can lay our hands on....:confused3

This year we have booked and SUV :eek: :eek: absolutley no chance of me driving it.....my normal car is a fiesta :)

Helena

Helena,

Hi there. My husband and I will be over in SSP flying on November 5th with Virgin. It's our 1st time at SSP and we can't wait. We too would like to stay in Congress Park with a view of Downtown.

I noticed that you have stayed in Disneyland Paris at the Disneyland Hotel. Is it all its cracked up to be?

Thanks

Hi Lisa...
That makes 4 of us Dis'ers all at SSR at the same time ..definitely a mini meet in the making :woohoo:

As for the DLH at DLP I personally love it... In fact i'm back off to DLP in 4 weeks with my mum. As long as you dont compare DLP to WDW then your OK. The two are nothing alike never have been and never will be ;) but each has it's own merits.

I like DLP for short disney fixes (Hubbie cant take too much disney) and I can take my mum (she's not a long haul flyer :scared1: ) the DLH is beautiful and cause it's only a short 2 day trip I can spoil myself with the likes of castle club :love: :cloud9:

Will hopefully see you in November :hippie:

Mickeyetta

Helena,

Hi there. My husband and I will be over in SSP flying on November 5th with Virgin. It's our 1st time at SSP and we can't wait. We too would like to stay in Congress Park with a view of Downtown.

I noticed that you have stayed in Disneyland Paris at the Disneyland Hotel. Is it all its cracked up to be?

Thanks

I'm forward planning ;) we always fly into Sanford but think we might try Virgin in 2008. we hire a car but what I was wondering is can (if you book with Virgin) have your cases go straight through to SSR with ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter