SSR room - a hot mess UPDATED WITH PICTURES

We has some issues on our first Disney Cruise (long story short, son got sick and we were quarantined to our room for 48 hours and not one person came to check on us or see if we needed anything, not even the doctor checked on us, we missed Pirate night. The only saving grace was our restaurant servers. They were concerned because we didn't come to dinner so one of them came to our room to check on us. When we explained what happened, they returned with that night's meal and comped us our cocktails - they did that on their own as a kindness to us, not because anyone told them to do it). I think that the problem with CMs is that they are trained to be happy and provide happy customers with happy experiences. They really don't seem to have much training in how to handle problems. I didn't think a couple of free drinks made up for it (not the getting sick part but for the completely ignoring us for two whole days) so I wrote an angry letter and I got a $700 credit towards our next cruise. I was hesitant at first but we had so much fun on that first cruise when we weren't quarantined that we were willing to give it another shot, so that $700 basically meant that our son traveled for free and out next cruise was magnificent and so was our third.

Enough of my rambling though, my point is write a strongly worded, but not too nasty, letter to their corporate offices and you may get a more lucrative reimbursement.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter