STACE Mountain @WL Aug2010 PTR with PICS- Update 7/22!

I figured I'd cut these out and laminate )to hang on all our bags. The "camsmomE" side will be the front, and I'll paste the side with our names on it to the back.
pic%20of%20bagtags.jpg

Very nice. I just put my DIS name on one side (on most of them). I didn't think of putting our names and phone number on the other.:3dglasses

I think I need to redo them. When I printed the sheet, I could see that the color was a little off and the size was slightly smaller then the actual paint smaple card that I scanned.

If I wasn't so obsessed with typing in Walt Disney font, I could just cut the mickeys out and laminate like every one else. But... I'm determined. :thumbsup2

I think I need to redo them. When I printed the sheet, I could see that the color was a little off and the size was slightly smaller then the actual paint smaple card that I scanned.

If I wasn't so obsessed with typing in Walt Disney font, I could just cut the mickeys out and laminate like every one else. But... I'm determined. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Take a deep breath and laminate the paint chips. Really.... its OK. But I didn't think the green color looked off. Looked fine to me. The Mickey Head flag that I made... now THAT one is off. I could only find regular crayon green, not Lime Green fabric, so I made it that one. Everyone who knows what it is, knows what it is... so .. its all good! :)

Hello My DIS friends! I'm officially on day 6 of my summer break (and you can tell by the crafts all over the house!):laughing:

I bought myself a new toy at (insert name of most despised store here) last night... a laminator! YAY!:banana:

And therefore have been making and remaking... and remaking... my Mickey heads and luggage tags. I took some of Mindy's sanity-saving advice and cut out the green paint samples, stuck them on black card stock, and laminated 6 of them. I will post pics of those and the AWESOME luggage tags later tonight (after I take the pictures because silly me already affixed them to the luggage :lmao:)

But if you'd like to see the more :hippie: creative :hippie: versions of my Mickey-head-making-mayhem... here they are (with the object I intend to tie them to.)

First, the Stroller Tag (it's 4.5 X 5.5 in)
DISforstrollerPIC.jpg

goes on this stroller...
28718_1201751143156_1809926131_374082_6280849_n.jpg

The "Coach" LGMH :rotfl2: for my Coach SwingPack
DISforCoachPIC.jpg

here's the bag again
28818_1198962833450_1809926131_368451_3200580_n.jpg

and my FAVORITE creation- the CUBE LGMH!! for the stroller bag
DIScubePIC.jpg

here's the stroller bag again
28718_1201750943151_1809926131_374081_2679524_n.jpg

How'd I do? :rolleyes1

I think they start at 7. Mascara warning...I always tear up a bit at the MK opening ceremony.

I am so glad to hear this!! DH says that I am probably the only person who cries before entering MK !! But I told him to look around, there are other people here who appreciate the importance of the opening ceremonies at Disney!

I am so glad to hear this!! DH says that I am probably the only person who cries before entering MK !! But I told him to look around, there are other people here who appreciate the importance of the opening ceremonies at Disney!

I haven't seen one before, but I am SURE I will boo hoo like crazy! Heck I was crying just viewing a complete stranger's Trip Report yesterday!! :lmao:
Dh was like "what the? what is sad about that picture?!" "Nothing- it's beuatiful! sob sob..." :rotfl2:

hi! I found you on the august countdown board as we are going in august as well. I have been enjoying your pre trip report and got many ideas. We had our own stroller drama as well but I believe we have settled on one. The only problem is the basket underneath it is small and the bag I planned to take won't fit. I don't want to get stuck carrying one all day so can you tell me where you got the stroller bag to go on the back of your stroller? does it just slip over the handles? It looks big enough to carry a essentials for the kids and us but I could slid it off and take it on rides with me. I am talking about the yellow one by the way. I also love all your tags you have made and the envelopes were beautiful.

Noelle

hi! I found you on the august countdown board as we are going in august as well. I have been enjoying your pre trip report and got many ideas. We had our own stroller drama as well but I believe we have settled on one. The only problem is the basket underneath it is small and the bag I planned to take won't fit. I don't want to get stuck carrying one all day so can you tell me where you got the stroller bag to go on the back of your stroller? does it just slip over the handles? It looks big enough to carry a essentials for the kids and us but I could slid it off and take it on rides with me. I am talking about the yellow one by the way. I also love all your tags you have made and the envelopes were beautiful.

Noelle

Hi! Thanks for joining us!
The bag is HUGE :woohoo: and was purchased on ebay (they also have it on Amazon.com- cheaper, actually, but not in yellow)
Here is the link to the ebay site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380240578425&rvr_id=&crlp=1_263602_263622&UA=WXI8&GUID=2fbe49771230a0b583832bd3ffeaa72e&itemid=380240578425&ff4=263602_263622

and here's an idea of the pockets:
51Y7LqPlcdL._SS400_.jpg

to give you an idea of size... I (just for fun) filled it with 4 throw pillows, managed to get it zipped, and still was able to get the towel in the lower flap compartment. This bag is AWESOME! and yes, I ust hang it right on the handles.

thank you so much. It is so great to be with people that understand all the details of planning a faimly trip so that all goes smoothly. I think my husband is happy I have someone else to talk to about it as well. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Anyway this bag is actually 4 inches wider than our stroller so I will have to think about that, but thanks bunches for the info.

Noelle

Hey Noelle, I was just thinking... Have you ever heard of Petunia Pickle Bottom bags?? You should checkout her website under "boxy backpack" they are so cute and probably fit your stroller. (plus all of her bags come with stroller clips that vecro around any stroller handle.) Just a thought.
trenditikes_2097_1188218_medium.jpeg

Morning!

I just posted this comment on the Countdown thread, and HAD to repost it on my PTR too! It's so amusing how we can look back at our own pre-Disney behaviors through another's eyes and just laugh at ourselves, isn't it?! :rotfl2:

Last night DH and I took a "test drive" to Orlando (ok well, it was actually to go to his favorite restaurant on I-Drive...) and I said "ok babe, so when we take this drive in August to Disney, there won't be nearly as many cars- and it won't be raining."

He has stopped responding to me. He just looks at me with that "dear God, let her go back to normal after this trip" look on his face. :lmao:

dolfinjuls- I think I'm going to need an interventon STAT! I'm preparing myself for a bag emergency. Here's my "bag list" so far...

Bag1- Coach Swing Pack (KTTW card, ID, small amount of cash, cell phone, point-and-shoot camera)

Bag2- Red "Infante" Messenger (the one we'll take off stroller & carry on lines, shows, etc... 2 diapers, wipes, bottle of water, mini-camcorder, line toys/ distractors, paper towels, maps, 1-2 snacks)

Bag3- Yellow & Black Gym Bag (large bag that hangs on stroller & stays there... several diapers, more wipes, more snacks, more water, extra clothing, DD light hoodie, flip flops, first aid (and headache stuff), spare battery, towel, personal fans, my DH and DD's pin lanyards- I know they won't wear them all day, ponchos...)

I've thought about reducing this, but honestly, I just don't know how. I mean even to take DD to Publix these days, I need a HUGE Coach crossbody tote! :rotfl2:

Also, not one person in the world (except me) believes I should keep the PH option on my tickets, but........... I hate feeling trapped. :confused3

Anyway... I'm about to go home, so I will post pics of "glittered envelopes" and the tweeked design for our shirts tonight!

P.S. Ladies! I finally got ink for my printer and iron-on transfers!!! Now, to just get these kids to leave school already!:thumbsup2

So far so good, I have more to read yet. You really are prepared!! I am impressed.

As for bags, keep in mind they search your bag at the park entrance so pack in a way that won't keep you forever!

Disney dining can be done cheaper but I like knowing I am set before I go, and do not have to worry about the bill when eating.

Great pics, you are so creative!
I apologize if I have repeated any info given, I have more to read yet.

Stroller: We brought a light wt won for my son (4 at last trip), needs to be something you do not care if it gets rained on, moved by CM and left unattended from time to time. We would park in one area and enjoy the park and go back and get it and move on. BTW tie a bright color clothe to the stroller so when you come out of an attraction you can see it in the sea of strollers that have been re-arranged by CM!:rotfl:

I bought myself a new toy at (insert name of most despised store here) last night... a laminator! YAY!:b

:rotfl2::rotfl2:laminator!! That is awesome

I bought myself a new toy at (insert name of most despised store here) last night... a laminator! YAY!:b

:rotfl2::rotfl2:laminator!! That is awesome

um, yeah... if it CAN be laminated... it has been :lmao:

You guessed it! I changed the T-shirt design for our family vacation shirts AGAIN! here's the newest one...
pic%20of%20newfamshirt.jpg

And I thought I was a planner!:lmao: You have me beat!!!! I'm so glad you posted on my TR so I could click on your link.

I love the Mousekeeping envelopes! We printed some out, too, but yours look much better. Looks like you figured out how to do the links on your first page!...you don't need any instructions;)

Y'all will love the WL. This is the first resort we took our DS8...he was then 6. He :lovestruc:lovestruc loves:lovestruc it!!! DH said he would stay there every time if it had a monorail. DH actually likes the theme better than the Poly and GF.

Are you going to do a TR when you return? Hope so;) Very glad to know that there are other people out there like myself:rotfl:

I know this sounds nuts (as the common amount is $1 per person per day) but I'm planning on leaving $5 per day.

My reason is this: My DH used to be a housekeeping director, and I got to know, I mean really know, some of his housekeepers and housemen. These individuals work so hard at such a thankless job (I would know! I'm a teacher! :lmao:) I just feel like anything less and I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the freshly-scrubbed gleaming mirror.

Are you supposed to leave a tip daily?:confused3 I have left it at the end, I hope I am was not doing it wrong, should I change this trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter