STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

CSL Portrait Experience Price Jumps to $399 on Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

After being offered for more than 6 months at an introductory rate of $99, BlogMickey.com has learned that the price of the CSL Portrait Experience private photo session will be increasing to $399.

Cast Members confirmed that the change in price will take place for cruise dates starting October 17th. As of today, Disney is not selling the CSL Portrait Experience beyond October 16th as they roll out the price change. We have been told that the price change is based on the cruise date, not on the booking date, so there is no way to lock in the introductory rate if you have a cruise past October 16th. Here are the high-level details of the CSL Portrait Experience:

• Price: $99 (introductory rate through October 16); $399 for cruise dates starting October 17th and beyond
  • Duration: 30 minutes
  • Booking: CSL Portrait Experience is limited and only bookable by phone ahead of your voyage

After being offered for more than 6 months at an introductory rate of $99, BlogMickey.com has learned that the price of the CSL Portrait Experience private photo session will be increasing to $399.

Cast Members confirmed that the change in price will take place for cruise dates starting October 17th. As of today, Disney is not selling the CSL Portrait Experience beyond October 16th as they roll out the price change. We have been told that the price change is based on the cruise date, not on the booking date, so there is no way to lock in the introductory rate if you have a cruise past October 16th. Here are the high-level details of the CSL Portrait Experience:

• Price: $99 (introductory rate through October 16); $399 for cruise dates starting October 17th and beyond
  • Booking: CSL Portrait Experience is limited and only bookable by phone ahead of your voyage

I was happy with our photos and thought $99 was a fair price for what you got. $399 is a little crazy, IMO.

I am so jealous! I am sure you will have the best time. We took our voyage back in early May, and still can't stop talking about it to anyone who will listen. LOL
Had to laugh, I definitely will go on and on if someone will let me talk about our trip!
I was happy with our photos and thought $99 was a fair price for what you got. $399 is a little crazy, IMO.
Agreed. Our photos are good and a few I love, but not exactly what I hoped for, but since the price was fair I was happy with the result. I think it's highly variable depending on your photographer. Ours took a lot of photos that didn't capture the background the way I had hoped a professional would. $399 no thanks.

Holy cow! I guess it is a supply & demand thing, heavy on the greed side. We just barely made it under the wire for the $99 introductory pricing for a GS cruise in October, but we made sure to call as soon as the phone lines opened at the 60 day point. And to think that I was commenting to my DW that it is $99 for CSL Portrait Experience vs Capture Your Moment pricing of $79.

Saw that the photo package is now $399. I’ve been a big fan of the Starcruiser and had no problems justifying the cost for us (we are very lucky) but $399 for 30 minutes feels like a money grab. Availability was already limited so if you want to test the market to see what it bears, you don’t quadruple the price. Very strange decision.

Saw that the photo package is now $399. I’ve been a big fan of the Starcruiser and had no problems justifying the cost for us (we are very lucky) but $399 for 30 minutes feels like a money grab. Availability was already limited so if you want to test the market to see what it bears, you don’t quadruple the price. Very strange decision.
Yeah, for $399 you'd better get to have Rey and Kylo Ren in the picture with you. And by that I mean Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver themselves. Holy cow.

When my fiancée and I went to Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim in 2015 we got our picture taken with Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher and it didn't cost that much!

I'm debating seeing whether another family on our sailing might want to split the cost of a session, since it's up to 8 folks. But honestly I might just skip it. I had planned to book it on Day 2 after we get our Savi's lightsabers, but now we wouldn't have to hurry back to the ship and could take our time on Batuu. Seems to me that they're really out to reduce demand dramatically. Maybe they've got staffing issues going into the fall, or maybe they got too many complaints about certain areas of the ship not being available for shoots due to story events, so they want to reduce the offered times to when there aren't scheduled activities taking place in those areas.

2023 Voyages for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Open September 1st to General Public

Guests looking to book a Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage in 2023 can do so beginning September 1, 2022, according to the Disney World website. Select guests were able to book yesterday.

While September 1st is the officially announced date, Brooke Geiger McDonald is reporting that guests may have success booking 2023 dates as early as today.

Available Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage dates through Sept 30, 2023 have now been posted online. Voyages with departures between Jan 1 and Sept 30, 2023 officially open for general booking Sept 1, 2022, but general bookings are already being accepted by phone today.

Early Booking Dates Released for 2023 Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Voyages (Passholder, DVC, etc)

Following the announcement that general public bookings for 2023 Galactic Starcruiser voyage dates will open on September 1st, Disney has released more information about early booking dates for select groups. Here’s a breakdown:
  • Aug. 25: Club 33 and Golden Oak
  • Aug. 26: Invited Star Wars affinity groups
  • Aug. 30: Disney Vacation Club Members
  • Aug. 31: Annual Passholders
  • Sept. 1: Open to the general public
While that is the official cadence for on-sale dates, there have been reports of general public guests being able to book 2023 dates today.

Early Booking Dates Released for 2023 Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Voyages (Passholder, DVC, etc)

Following the announcement that general public bookings for 2023 Galactic Starcruiser voyage dates will open on September 1st, Disney has released more information about early booking dates for select groups. Here’s a breakdown:
  • Aug. 25: Club 33 and Golden Oak
  • Aug. 26: Invited Star Wars affinity groups
  • Aug. 30: Disney Vacation Club Members
  • Aug. 31: Annual Passholders
  • Sept. 1: Open to the general public
While that is the official cadence for on-sale dates, there have been reports of general public guests being able to book 2023 dates today.
I got an email today from Disney Destinations inviting me to book 2023. Seems like it is targeted for previous Starcruiser guests. No special code or anything.Screenshot_20220826-120335_Gmail.jpg

Any reviews / impressions / pics of gluten free options? Not going until next June but I can’t find any gf coverage, other than “they’ll work with you”. I appreciate they will, but this is crazy expensive… I want cool space food and not prepackaged crackers.

I was able to book Feb 2023 yesterday through a travel agent. The first time she called, they told her booking was only for Golden Oak/Club 33, but she called again a couple hours later and that agent let her book us.

We were excited to get the captains table reservation for the first night (we couldn’t for or original August voyage we had to cancel), though I’ve heard mixed reviews on whether it’s worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter