STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Am I misreading the DVC point chart? I only see point rates for Standard Cabin, but the DVC home page for the Galactic Cruiser shows availability for Standard, Galaxy and Captain room types.

EDIT: Oh, I just needed to scroll down the PDF. Hehe. :cutie:

It’s insanely high. Figure if you want to book any of the available dates it’s minimum of 321 points per person. If maintenance fees are approximately $8.40 pp that is about the cash rate. If u added in some portion of the $195 or so per point buy it’s equal to … ?some sort of insanity.

Does anyone know if you use your points for the first person what the cash price of the second and third person is?? That’s not on the chart. Also, seems we can’t even call until 9 when member services opens. Does that mean DVC gets shut out or are we allotted a block of reservations or something?

just got through on the AP line, was on hold for about 45 minutes. The CM just confirmed all my info, including that I am AP, asked what date I was looking for and how many people, asked if I understood how the trip will work, said beginning price for 2 was $4800, she noted that and transferred me to the Starcruiser team.

now listening to Pirates life for me.....

I wonder if we are going to have to convert our points to reservation points before being transferred to the StarCruiser booking team. I have a reservation that I would have to cancel + buy One Time Use points [+ETA: + 100% borrow future year. Uh-Oh!] in order to make this work. I'd prefer only to do that if I know the dates I would need for travel are avialable. Hmmmm.

EDIT: Re Point "value" If I look at a 100pts per year, this booking (for one person+ Cash for one person) is about equivalent to three years. Three years of maintenance fees/dues may be $600-800 per year. Let's go with $800/yr. That's a total of $2400, which is roughly what the cash rate would be for one person (splitting the cost). If I were "cash poor" now and wanted to book now, I could use the booking by point route. However, if I wanted to wait for Oct 28th window and wanted to use my points for a stay in the next 3 years or rented my points, I would definitely come out "ahead" on booking by cash route.

Last edited:
I have no idea when it comes to points and DVC...is that high or no?

As a comparison, I picked a random week in March so you can see what it would cost to stay at The Grand or Poly. Saturday to Saturday…

9AB1DD7D-A385-43F8-B480-9569571DD06F.jpeg

just got through on the AP line, was on hold for about 45 minutes. The CM just confirmed all my info, including that I am AP, asked what date I was looking for and how many people, asked if I understood how the trip will work, said beginning price for 2 was $4800, she noted that and transferred me to the Starcruiser team.

now listening to Pirates life for me.....
I have been on that line for awhile now but I have no music and it’s making me super nervous

I did receive the code this morning. I’ve been getting the all circuits are busy message continually on the booking line. When I try the main passholder line ending in 77 I got a 128 minute estimated wait. Couldn’t commit to that wait time no knowing if they would even be able to get me to the booking queue from there so I guess I will keep trying the other number.

So I have been hearing the music since 7...no wait time thingy...just music.

SIde note...will they card my 5 year old godson when he goes to do the lightsaber gimmick? LOL I am telling them he is 7, then I will wave my hand and all will be good

So according to the point chart it’s about $5475 for first 2 persons in maintenance fees and the $95 booking fee. And you’ll part with 642 points plus have serious penalties for any cancellations or changes - better not get sick or anything! If the cash rate is around $4800 the point usage seems like an offer for someone who has a bunch of extra points that would otherwise be expiring and they just need to flush them? I don’t see any other benefits of wasting that amount of points.

As a comparison, I picked a random week in March so you can see what it would cost to stay at The Grand or Poly. Saturday to Saturday…

I went over to the Disney Collection Cruise line to compare the point costs this morning. For a three day cruise, for example. This "cruise to space" is about double the point value. (Unless i'm misreading hte chart again! :duck: )

I got through to the first number in approximately 60 minutes. The CM confirmed our AP eligibility. Oddly, she had two obsolete email addresses for me that were associated with my AP, which might explain why I am not getting those emails. She took our three date options, accommodation choice, and preferred seating.

I am now on hold for a reservationist.

Edit: Just got a message that my hold time is greater than 2 hours, and now silence. I hope this is resolved before my conference call @10!

Last edited:
I’m so confused about the point chart. Is that per night, or per stay? and is it per person?

So according to the point chart it’s about $5475 for first 2 persons in maintenance fees and the $95 booking fee. And you’ll part with 642 points plus have serious penalties for any cancellations or changes - better not get sick or anything! If the cash rate is around $4800 the point usage seems like an offer for someone who has a bunch of extra points that would otherwise be expiring and they just need to flush them? I don’t see any other benefits of wasting that amount of points.

Completely agree.

I’m so confused about the point chart. Is that per night, or per stay? and is it per person?
It's per person. The points per stay is dictated by the dates above in row 1. Find the dates you are avilable to travel, then move down the [column] chart to read the per person/occupancy cost.
Only one person must be reserved completely by points for this early-booking period. If you want ot pay entirely by points, then follow the chart to multiply or add according to the number of people in the room. (And notice there are two other pages in the PDF to scroll down to see.) :)

Look at the chart dates. If u r interested in booking any current available dates the minimum of points for a 2 night weekday stay is 321 points per person for the first two. Plus the $95 booking fee. I am not opposed to using points for cruises and even Disneyland hotel stays but this exchange option is literally a sucker bet.

Ok WTH, I got through to someone, she took my information and then put me on hold again and I got another message that said over two hours wait, then the music stopped. Huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter