STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

If you put it into perspective on the day that your arriving for your voyage at 1pm(waited in line about 45 mins). On your arrival day they want all disembarking voyage participants from the previous voyage to exit the ship by 10am. So in theory they have 3 hours to clean the ship with literally no one there but staff. We did see cleaning staff working around 9am.

Keep in mind no day guests are allowed. No guests are allowed to even come over and peruse and even use the excuse to see the gift shop. The building literally was meant to hold the capacity of 400-500 people and I could be off by that.

We stayed at the Tree House Villas prior to the starcruiser. We had called the starcruiser as well as we discussed with saratoga springs staff our options. There is some coordination between starcruiser and your prior resort. We ended up having Mears pick us up at Saratoga Springs bell services when we arrived at the starcruiser the Mears driver ended up getting reimbursed by starcruiser staff.

Our disembarking day our flight was a late flight and starcruiser coordinated with the Grand Floridian to hold our luggage so that we could spend our day at MK. We did pay for our own uber which is to be expected.

Roll Call

3/3/2022

@squirk

3/5/2022
@Punkrockbebop

3/11/2022
@Kmk2

3/13/2022
@Cynthiab

3/21/2022
@RebelHawk

3/25/2022
@The Expert
@GaSleepingBeautyFan

3/27/2022
@opusone
@Cluelyss

3/29/2022
@E2ME2

4/2/2022
@lundve

4/4/2022
@auralia

4/6/2022
@tinksdreamwishes
@msmama

4/12/2022
@NiceOneSimba
@wench
@Kippy

4/16/2022
@Justplainchy

4/22/2022
@bookbabe626

4/24/2022
@Kdp2
@PrionFawkes

4/28/2022
@HappyTap

5/2/2022
@Littlelulu01
@Chirple
@fabricmage

5/4/2022
@Spazz2k
@floribr1

5/6/2022
@csmommy
@mousedroid

5/22/2022
@Melanie415

5/27/2022
@CharlotteStreet

5/28/2022
@LennyMachine

6/1/2022
@Lloydian

6/5/2022

@Quilty

6/9/2022
@Anotherdropintheocean

6/19/2022
@kimwoje

6/23/2022
@mom2elle
@PolyNeverGirl

7/11/2022
@nakster

7/15/2022
@foodiddiedoo

8/4/2022
@TNickell27

8/6/2022
@yowcruiser

8/8/2022
@davejor

8/12/2022
@Tasmen
@FrannyFrogs
@MarcusPrimus

8/22/2022
@iheartglaciers
@CanadianKrista
@Esteri

8/26/2022
@ofcabbagesandkings

8/30/2022
@Shark Head

9/7/2022
@leholcomb

9/9/2022
@ShadowCross

9/13/2022
@karmacats

9/19/2022
@musical2
7/17/2022
CynthiaC925 + 2

I was able to get through this evening. I called around 7pm, was on hold for around 90 minutes, and probably took a little under 30 minutes to complete the reservation (I did check pricing on 4 or 5 dates). All booked on the December 30th space cruise, followed by 2 back-to-backs on the Wish on January 2nd!
Could you share the price for the 12/30 date? I was thinking of booking that date as well, but I figure that it would be the peak of peak pricing. The "base" price is already pushing it for my family of 4. We get off the Wish that day, so it works out great schedule-wise as opposed to before the Wish sailing where we'd have to break up our stay the the Poly.

We are going next week - we are on the Fantasy 3/12-19 then GS 3/19-21. We paid for Disney transfers from DCL to WDW, but those don't (yet?) include an option to go to GS. So they are going to drop us off at Art of Animation, and told us to take an uber from there. It will be ~9am, so we can't even check in.

We were planning to go to Disney Springs until it's time to check in, but of course there's a luggage issue along with transportation. Which seems most feasible -

(a) DCL - Art of animation (prepaid), ask for the resorts to transfer the luggage (?? is this a thing??), bus from art of animation to Disney springs, back to GS at 1pm
(b) The official solution - DCL - Art of Animation (prepaid), uber to GS (we pay), drop off luggage, bus from GS to DS and back
(c) screw it, hire a car from port canavarel direct to GS, hope for a refund of the transfer cost.
(d) keep whining, eventually they'll solve this for us?

UNRELATED: For those of you who have been, if you only have one costume (because, for example, youre spending the prior week on an actual cruise, LOL), which is the "better" day to wear it -- check in day or Galaxy's Edge day?

C, hire a car and drive at your own pace over to Orlando. Drop off your bags at the starcruiser and then go park at Disney springs and walk around before going back and Valeting your car. I would ask for the transfer cost back or to keep as credit for something else or future use.

Anyone have any lightweight costume ideas for SWGS? If/When I go, I really want to go full LARP BUT I also tend to run really hot so a costume that's more lightweight and simple would be good for me but I can't think of anything. Any ideas?

Are you thinking of being a human or alien? Are you thinking of being high status, rogue/smuggler, resistance operative or force wielder? Once you know a sense of where you think you might want to play your loyalties, take a look at the color palette for those family role groups. Then choose textiles in those colors.

For textile choices: linens, silks and lightweight cottons are useful, but require ironing. For example, for a Tiki Bar glam-look I took a large gold silk scarf and wrapped it up like dress and second teal scarf as a shoulder shrug. Pinned up my hair in a retro style with large vibrant orange flower. Super lightweight and easy.

A poncho goes a long way... layered looks where your under layer is extremely light allows you to switch out outer layers like scarves or vests (or both!). Light weight cargo pants allows you to store multiple datapads/stuff, while also having a lived-in planetary feel. Consider boots or rustic sandals. The most interesting informal costumes I've seen utilized layered looks with a few Star-Wars themed accessories really well.

That said... I did see a few maxi-dresses that appeared lightweight. I don't know if you're into dresses. There were some Padme dresses (fireplace dress, lake dress, gold transit dress) that looked stunning.

Anyone have any lightweight costume ideas for SWGS? If/When I go, I really want to go full LARP BUT I also tend to run really hot so a costume that's more lightweight and simple would be good for me but I can't think of anything. Any ideas?

Tourist clothes are canon! So Aloha shirts, shorts, sarongs, sunglasses, and socks with sandals are technically in-universe. :rotfl:

Sources: "Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure" and its picture book adaptation "Star Wars: Leia and the Great Island Escape."

plan on layers so you can scale back if it's too hot. For example, I'm doing a jacket over a vest over a shirt as part of my persona. Chances are the jacket won't last longer than getting in the door. In fact if it's typical Orlando weather, I might not even put it on until I'm in side.

Go with natural fibers, you'll be more comfortable. I managed to find some lightweight solid color linen "henley" style shirts online that are super comfortable. they make the perfect "smuggler" or "rebel" shirt with a simple vest over them.

on hold for 3 hours and counting, at this rate I might use the star cruiser money towards dvc points instead

Could you share the price for the 12/30 date? I was thinking of booking that date as well, but I figure that it would be the peak of peak pricing. The "base" price is already pushing it for my family of 4. We get off the Wish that day, so it works out great schedule-wise as opposed to before the Wish sailing where we'd have to break up our stay the the Poly.
Sure, it was $6,005 for 2 adults. I checked a couple November options (not Thanksgiving) and they were both $5,700, so I didn’t think the premium was too bad. September 5th was at the base $4,800 rate which was very tempting, but I’d prefer not to go in the summer.

Where would I find the trip reports or experience threads from those that just finished their voyage?

That would be here. Although with just a few voyages in the books so far, actual trip reports from regular DISers have been limited. A few snippets since opening, but nothing material.

I eventually plan to link trip reports to post 1 once things get rolling enough.

there are a LOT of reports on the net and YouTube, although many of those are from the media previews. There's only been four regular voyages so far, the fifth starting tomorrow, so there aren't a lot of actual guest reports or experience threads on the DIS yet.

I skipped a bunch of pages from this thread, but does anyone know if they actually clean your room during the voyage? For more than the cost of Grand Floridian CL, I would hope they at least make the bed and give you new towels and empty the trash during the day.

I skipped a bunch of pages from this thread, but does anyone know if they actually clean your room during the voyage? For more than the cost of Grand Floridian CL, I would hope they at least make the bed and give you new towels and empty the trash during the day.

Yes, from reports of guests onboard they do a full clean.

Where would I find the trip reports or experience threads from those that just finished their voyage?
I can try to put together some kind of trip report after we're back. Leaving today for split stay Polynesian/GS 3-11/AKL. Good thing I checked the weather report: high chances of rain during our Batuu excursion so picked up some ponchos beforehand.

Yes, they did clean our room, made bed and replaced towels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter