STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

We have but only for comms about the trip. My kids have used it for prior trips to Batuu.

If you would like to surprise them send me your email address and their names. I created a letter that I sent to my kids from the Captain inviting them aboard thr ship. I have an English and Aurebesh version.
Oh yay! Thank you for doing all the leg work, I’ll DM you!

We recently returned from our voyage. I had put in a lot of time planning outfits for months. Totally worth it! My 10 year giggled with excitement when the shuttle transport took off. It was so magical!
I would love to see your outfits! I’m only a month away and… haven’t started 🤣

Much to my surprise, many, if not all, of them remembered my (character's) name and one of the CMs even did little promotions. When there was a story moment involving that cast member, they would say to the other guests, "Hey, if any of you ever need power converters, make sure you talk to Flint here - he's got the best on the market!"
This makes me smile! Thank you for sharing

I would love to see your outfits! I’m only a month away and… haven’t started 🤣
Pics below. We just went for a general Star Wars universe vibe both days. Mostly all from Amazon. I got the greebles and necklaces from Etsy. About 70% of people on our cruise dressed in some sort of costume. They definitely keep the ship on the cooler side. Have fun!
Screenshot_20220714-080614_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220714-080414_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220714-080353_Gallery.jpg

After some binge shopping I think my DD and I might be done... The boys still need doing but I'm exhausted from it for the moment.
QUESTION: I know I've seen people go back to each lunch on the ship on day 2 - how long does the dinning credit stay on the account?

After some binge shopping I think my DD and I might be done... The boys still need doing but I'm exhausted from it for the moment.
QUESTION: I know I've seen people go back to each lunch on the ship on day 2 - how long does the dinning credit stay on the account?
I believe it's good until the end of the night on the day you check out of the Starcruiser, but I haven't gone yet, that's just what I've heard.

When will be assigned our times for the activities like light saber training? And how do we find out our times - email, or do we need to be watching in an app?

How far ahead of the voyage?
Around 30 days out they will populate in the Play Disney App, but keep in mind those times could change before your actual voyage. You could also call in and ask for a time change if there was a time you preferred, but it’s not guaranteed that your desired time slot will be open.

Around 30 days out they will populate in the Play Disney App, but keep in mind those times could change before your actual voyage. You could also call in and ask for a time change if there was a time you preferred, but it’s not guaranteed that your desired time slot will be open.
Thank you! We don’t have any times we prefer….I just wanted to make sure I knew where to look and make sure I wasn’t missing seeing it someplace.

Do we know whether Star Cruiser guests are going to get magic band plus after July 27?
I have pre/post stays booked at the BC and BW and I will order MB+ for one, unless we just get them automatically for the star cruiser. Our trip is mid August.

Do we know whether Star Cruiser guests are going to get magic band plus after July 27?
I have pre/post stays booked at the BC and BW and I will order MB+ for one, unless we just get them automatically for the star cruiser. Our trip is mid August.
I’m hoping so as well! At least maybe avail as an upgrade. I didn’t select new MB2 for the starcruiser - they are included right?

So I called yesterday about the Magic Bands. The CM on the Starcruiser line said, you don't select the magic bands, they automatically show up at the front desk for your checkin. She said she could not confirm whether they would be the old style or the plus. So no help there.

I also asked her some questions about our schedule, which recently populated on the app. She kinda shamed me for "overthinking" the experience... WTH? Of course I'm overthinking the $$$$$$ experience! Who do they think their market is for this thing?! Lol.

Perhaps if you call and get a different CM who is more interested in exploring the details they will tell you which type of magic band to expect.

Can anyone who has been on a recent cruise confirm whether they are selling the Sabacc chip set? They didn't have any during our cruise in early May I'd really like a set, but I'm not about to spend $200+ on eBay to get one.

s-l500.jpg

So I called yesterday about the Magic Bands. The CM on the Starcruiser line said, you don't select the magic bands, they automatically show up at the front desk for your checkin. She said she could not confirm whether they would be the old style or the plus. So no help there.

I also asked her some questions about our schedule, which recently populated on the app. She kinda shamed me for "overthinking" the experience... WTH? Of course I'm overthinking the $$$$$$ experience! Who do they think their market is for this thing?! Lol.

Perhaps if you call and get a different CM who is more interested in exploring the details they will tell you which type of magic band to expect.
I think a good amount book this and don't overthink it at all. I saw multiple groups on my cruise who seemed to be just taking it in, along for the ride, or trying something new.

We just returned from our journey, which was from July 23 until July 25. First and foremost, thank you all for the guidance you provided in this thread. I had not previously posted on this forum, but I read almost everything on here prior to booking and going.

My wife and I absolutely loved everything about Galactic Starcruiser. We chose to go without our girls, as they are not really Star Wars fans and may not have enjoyed having to interact with the cast and crew. And to be honest, my wife and I were nervous we wouldn't fit in because while we both love Star Wars, we definitely are far short of the super fans who have a seemingly limitless knowledge of the Star Wars universe.

I wanted to post just a few impressions in case they help anyone else in the future.

What I loved:
- For me, it was a complete Star Wars experience. It was as immersive as we wanted it to be (I ended up taking very few pictures because I was too focused on the game). By the end of the journey, I genuinely cared about the cast and how it would all pull together. The immersion never ended. The cast never came out for an ovation (as you would see at something like a musical or play). The journey just ends, as if it all truly happened.
- Interacting with other passengers. Maybe it was different for others, but for us, everyone - passengers included - remained immersed in the experience. People didn't seem to be sitting in the lounge and talking about their real lives, jobs, and what was going on in the rest of the world. It was all Star Wars all the time (other than maybe a few people asking questions about other rides to try at Hollywood Studios).
- The cast! Just incredible ability, including their ability to improvise. I enjoyed seeing how easily they managed to make everyone feel included.
- I absolutely want to go back to try for different stories and missions. I knew one spoiler going into this, and I ended up being a little bummed I did not end up on the path leading to that invitation. I would love to go back soon for more.
- I'm actually glad we decided to travel home as soon as our journey concluded (and did the Parks before we boarded). I feel like anything else at Disney would have been a letdown compared to our GS experience.

What I wish we would have done differently:
- We needed to be more proactive during the first couple of hours of our journey. We spent the morning at Animal Kingdom (early park entry too) and decided to eat first thing once we boarded GS. Then we jumped into missions coming in from our data pads. I wish we would have taken one of the tours or otherwise forced ourselves to meet certain characters earlier.
- Next time we will spend more time planning our outfits ahead of time. We didn't know what to expect in terms of what type of outfits would be needed or what the conditions would be like on GS. We managed to improve our Day 2 looks after buying a few items in Batuu.
- We would probably opt for the first dinner service. We tend to eat later, but I think the flow of everything on Day 2 would have been better had we selected the first dinner service.

What I would like to see improved:
- Maybe this was just us and the choices we made during Day 1, but it seems like there should be more missions to do on Batuu. They give you all morning and until 4 pm to spend on Batuu, if you want it. We've been to Batuu three times previously, so some of the things there are things we wouldn't do again (e.g., build a droid). And the Star Wars standby lines were a little too long for us to go through again once we used our included Lightning Lanes (Rise actually had a 280 minute standby line at one point on Sunday). I may have also refused to leave Batuu so that we remained immersed in the story.... So perhaps some of the missions could build upon each other and multi-part fetch/quest missions. I had one (my wife didn't have one), but Disney could easily make more of them.
- Selfishly, it would be nice if GS passengers were given seat preferences on Smugglers Run. Based on the mission, I was excited we would finally get to be the pilots.... We ended up as the engineers yet again. I know, I know. I'm being petty.
- But to that point, I do wish there would be more of a special/custom experience on Batuu for us if other cast members recognize you are part of GS. Only one cast member (a First Order person on Rise) commented about GS and identified one of the characters by name. Yet just that one experience (hearing someone say Lt. Croy's name to us) made the two experiences tie together just that much more.

Anyhow, I loved it. I was initially skeptical and claimed we would likely never go to GS. Then I watched the initial videos and decided I was interested. The price is high, yes. Yet despite the price, there is enough possible variation to get me to go on a return journey.

It is really interesting to me how many reviews posted here all contain relatively consistent elements/observations that applied to our own journey. Perhaps we're just an echo chamber of happy guests (I'm certainly not naive enough to think everyone always walks away happy from this), but I do think five months into this it's relatively safe to say that the a decent number of guests seem pleased with the experience, if not perhaps ecstatic? Time will ultimately tell I guess. I do chuckle a bit at the years of scathing commentary of this vs the seemingly favorable reviews - sort of an interesting dynamic.

Our trip was months ago but I read the above and the wonderful thoughts from our journey come right back.

Not going to lie, really itching to do this again sometime...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter