STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

It is really interesting to me how many reviews posted here all contain relatively consistent elements/observations that applied to our own journey. Perhaps we're just an echo chamber of happy guests (I'm certainly not naive enough to think everyone always walks away happy from this), but I do think five months into this it's relatively safe to say that the a decent number of guests seem pleased with the experience, if not perhaps ecstatic? Time will ultimately tell I guess. I do chuckle a bit at the years of scathing commentary of this vs the seemingly favorable reviews - sort of an interesting dynamic.

Our trip was months ago but I read the above and the wonderful thoughts from our journey come right back.

Not going to lie, really itching to do this again sometime...

i think this is a bit of an echo chamber, lol. Also early adopters will probably be more favorable towards it. However, due to the high price a lot of people are rooting for this to fail for various reasons, no matter how good or bad the experience actually is. I’ve seen unfavorable reviews as well, and people commenting are so happy about the bad review, lol.

I am so rooting for this to be successful. Though Star Wars isn’t my thing, and I couldn’t sleep in a windowless room, if this is successful I could see them doing other immersive experiences, some of which might interest me.

I will be very disappointed if they have to water this down because there aren’t enough people willing to pay for this type of experience. It sounds amazing.

I will be very disappointed if they have to water this down because there aren’t enough people willing to pay for this type of experience. It sounds amazing.
If this happens, I hope they instead change up the story / experience enough to re-attract people who have already done it.

A few observations/experiences from our trip.

July 23-25
5 adults, 2 kids (13, 11)
2 standard cabins

Pre GS arrival
We booked a one night stay at AK Kidani. Arrived at the resort late in the evening. There was already a message waiting for us that as a CSL traveler we were granted a complimentary late check out at 12pm.

Took our time in the morning watching the animals, had breakfast then got renoady. Remember the late check out? Well, nobody conveyed that message to housekeeping because they knocked on our door every hour on the dot starting at 9am. This was WITH the DND sign up.

The valet arranged for a taxi for the ride to the GS. We left AKL at 12:20pm.

GS arrival
Arrived at the GS guard shack at 12:35pm. Checked ID then waited there until the cars ahead cleared. There was already a crowd waiting to board. A GS crew member met us with our personalized M Bands, took all our bags and provided the taxi a voucher for payment. We took pictures and waited to board. They started letting guests board at 12:50pm. Our luggage was delivered directly to the room by passenger services.

Cabins
Our 2 cabins were next to each other on deck 5, one half floor below the atrium. 4 in one room, 3 in another. Size wise I think it would be tight at max capacity of 5 people. In our room alone the luggage was in the way. We had 2 carry on size bags on each stool and 2 larger bags on the fold down bed.

The shower was big enough for two people and had shampoo/conditioner/body wash pump dispensers.

Food
Loved and tried everything. No complaints. There was always something available whether it was a meal, snacks or options in the lounge. My plan to try everything was a disaster because there was so many options. Serving sizes were smaller, like tapas, so you had the option to try more selections.

Costumes
While we were dressed up we were not as dressed as some people or have multiple changes. The costumes didn't aid or lack of costumes did not distract from the experience. The staff interacted with all guests regardless of their clothing/allegiance/back story/etc. If having the right accessories, boots, jewelry are important to you then go for it but not having them will not lessen the experience.

Sublight lounge
This was a nice place to take a break and have a drink or snack. It is very easy to rack up a bar tab with drinks. There were 5 adults drinking in my party and drinks at lunch/dinner/lounge added up.

There is only 1 Sabacc table in the lounge. I never saw an empty seat or had an opportunity to participate. There was one guest who was a permanent fixture at the table the entire time. He was over the top trash talking everyone and I found it off putting.

Storyline
Your participation storyline is up to you. You are provided prompts via the datapad and your responses dictate the next task. You can stay true to the side you have chosen or flip flop back and forth. Keep in mind that your responses may have an affect on future events.

Kids
Most were well behaved but there were some who weren't. I witnessed crewmembers asking kids to stop running in the bridge and put away their built lightsabers that were in the atrium. I was the nearest adult in the atrium at the time and the CM mistook me for the parent, "Not my circus, not my monkey." I feel for them having to provide direction to keep the kids in check. Since the ship is secure you really can let your kids loose without fear of them walking out of the resort.

Bridge training
It's like one big video game. Not at all what I was expecting but it IS training that will come in handy so don't miss it.

Batuu
Took the earliest shuttle we could after breakfast. This was the first visit to Batuu for two in our party. We had a reservation for Oga's and a lightsaber reservation. We rode Rise of the Resistance first, lightsaber build, Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run then Oga's. Took some pictures then left. It was really too hot and we wanted to make sure we had time to have lunch before our lightsaber training at 1:45pm.

Lightsaber Training
Lightsabers are provided that interact with the training. You may not use your own. You need to be somewhat coordinated to participate. I wouldn't do this in heels to lessen the chance of tripping. This training reminded me I need to do more cardio!

Photo session
Our session was 2:30pm on day 2. Booked this time because 2 of our party built lightsabers during the Batuu excursion. Pictures taken in the sublight lounge, atrium, cargo hold hallway, foyer of the dining room, hallway to the climate simulator. The pictures are already in MDE. They are OK, on par with photopass. No special effects, filters or editing.

Meal credits
Only 1 of our party used credits on Batuu. We used some on check out day at EPCOT. You must use mobile order for the credits to be available to be applied to your order.

Check out
Check out was an organized mess. Luggage tags are delivered to your room on day 2. Use them! We packed up everything and then left our bags outside the room. Our bags were picked up while having breakfast. After breakfast Passenger Services arranged a taxi & voucher to take us to Old Key West. We had time to shop the exterior gift shop while we waited for our taxi.

Gift shops
The inside gift shop is open day 1 at 1pm-day 2 at 11pm. The inside is only CLS themed merchandise. NO mention of Star Wars.

The outside gift shop is only open on day 3 until 10am SHARP. The outside is themed Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser merchandise. No mention of CSL

I had been stalking the Shop Disney website for weeks checking on the Grey Star Wars GS shirt but it was only available on XXL. I was glad to see all sizes available at the outside gift shop.

Time
We were busy the whole time and had very little down time. Both nights were late. Take the time to relax for a moment and take as many pictures/videos as your can.

I had been working on this trip since March and I am ready for a break. From planning the announcement to my littles, costumes, making all kinds of projects and various other things I am exhausted and ready for a Star Wars break.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220725-134224_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20220725-134224_Disney World.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20220725-164119_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20220725-164119_Disney World.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220725-170051_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220725-170051_Gmail.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
A few observations/experiences from our trip.

July 23-25
5 adults, 2 kids (13, 11)
2 standard cabins

Pre GS arrival
We booked a one night stay at AK Kidani. Arrived at the resort late in the evening. There was already a message waiting for us that as a CSL traveler we were granted a complimentary late check out at 12pm.

Took our time in the morning watching the animals, had breakfast then got renoady. Remember the late check out? Well, nobody conveyed that message to housekeeping because they knocked on our door every hour on the dot starting at 9am.

The valet arranged for a taxi for the ride to the GS. We left AKL at 12:20pm.

GS arrival
Arrived at the GS guard shack at 12:35pm. Checked ID then waited there until the cars ahead cleared. There was already a crowd waiting to board. A GS crew member met us with our personalized M Bands, took all our bags and provided the taxi a voucher for payment. We took pictures and waited to board. They started letting guests board at 12:50pm. Our luggage was delivered directly to the room by passenger services.

Cabins
Our 2 cabins were next to each other on deck 5, one half floor below the atrium. 4 in one room, 3 in another. Size wise I think it would be tight at max capacity of 5 people. In our room alone the luggage was in the way. We had 2 carry on size bags on each stool and 2 larger bags on the fold down bed.

The shower was big enough for two people and had shampoo/conditioner/body wash pump dispensers.

Food
Loved and tried everything. No complaints. There was always something available whether it was a meal, snacks or options in the lounge. My plan to try everything was a disaster because there was so many options. Serving sizes were smaller, like tapas, so you had the option to try more selections.

Costumes
While we were dressed up we were not as dressed as some people or have multiple changes. The costumes didn't aid or lack of costumes did not distract from the experience. The staff interacted with all guests regardless of their clothing/allegiance/back story/etc. If having the right accessories, boots, jewelry are important to you then go for it but not having them will not lessen the experience.

Sublight lounge
This was a nice place to take a break and have a drink or snack. It is very easy to rack up a bar tab with drinks. There were 5 adults drinking in my party and drinks at lunch/dinner/lounge added up.

There is only 1 Sabacc table in the lounge. I never saw an empty seat or had an opportunity to participate. There was one guest who was a permanent fixture at the table the entire time. He was over the top trash talking everyone and I found it off putting.

Storyline
Your participation storyline is up to you. You are provided prompts via the datapad and your responses dictate the next task. You can stay true to the side you have chosen or flip flop back and forth. Keep in mind that your responses may have an affect on future events.

Kids
Most were well behaved but there were some who weren't. I witnessed crewmembers asking kids to stop running in the bridge and put away their built lightsabers that were in the atrium. I was the nearest adult in the atrium at the time and the CM mistook me for the parent, "Not my circus, not my monkey." I feel for them having to provide direction to keep the kids in check. Since the ship is secure you really can let your kids loose without fear of them walking out of the resort.

Bridge training
It's like one big video game. Not at all what I was expecting but it IS training that will come in handy so don't miss it.

Batuu
Took the earliest shuttle we could after breakfast. This was the first visit to Batuu for two in our party. We had a reservation for Oga's and a lightsaber reservation. We rode Rise of the Resistance first, lightsaber build, Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run then Oga's. Took some pictures then left. It was really too hot and we wanted to make sure we had time to have lunch before our lightsaber training at 1:45pm.

Lightsaber Training
Lightsabers are provided that interact with the training. You may not use your own. You need to be somewhat coordinated to participate. I wouldn't do this in heels to lessen the chance of tripping. This training reminded me I need to do more cardio!

Photo session
Our session was 2:30pm on day 2. Booked this time because 2 of our party built lightsabers during the Batuu excursion. Pictures taken in the sublight lounge, atrium, cargo hold hallway, foyer of the dining room, hallway to the climate simulator. The pictures are already in MDE. They are OK, on par with photopass. No special effects, filters or editing.

Meal credits
Only 1 of our party used credits on Batuu. We used some on check out day at EPCOT. You must use mobile order for the credits to be available to be applied to your order.

Check out
Check out was an organized mess. Luggage tags are delivered to your room on day 2. Use them! We packed up everything and then left our bags outside the room. Our bags were picked up while having breakfast. After breakfast Passenger Services arranged a taxi & voucher to take us to Old Key West. We had time to shop the exterior gift shop while we waited for our taxi.

Gift shops
The inside gift shop is open day 1 at 1pm-day 2 at 11pm. The inside is only CLS themed merchandise. NO mention of Star Wars.

The outside gift shop is only open on day 3 until 10am SHARP. The outside is themed Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser merchandise. No mention of CSL

I had been stalking the Shop Disney website for weeks checking on the Grey Star Wars GS shirt but it was only available on XXL. I was glad to see all sizes available at the outside gift shop.

Time
We were busy the whole time and had very little down time. Both nights were late. Take the time to relax for a moment and take as many pictures/videos as your can.

I had been working on this trip since March and I am ready for a break. From planning the announcement to my littles, costumes, making all kinds of projects and various other things I am exhausted and ready for a Star Wars break.
This is great! Thanks so much! Going in September and I'm so excited!

a couple questions if you don't mind:

1 - did building at Savvi's have much or any effect on your storyline?

2 - The meal credits you used at Epcot - was it on your checkout day from the starcruiser? or checkout day of your post starcruiser stay? I'd like to try and use mine at food and wine if possible, not sur eif I'll be able to though.

Thanks for your help :)

This is great! Thanks so much! Going in September and I'm so excited!

a couple questions if you don't mind:

1 - did building at Savvi's have much or any effect on your storyline?

2 - The meal credits you used at Epcot - was it on your checkout day from the starcruiser? or checkout day of your post starcruiser stay? I'd like to try and use mine at food and wine if possible, not sur eif I'll be able to though.

Thanks for your help :)
1. The LS build had no effect to the storyline
2. GS check out day. I checked the morning after GS check out and they were gone.

We stayed another day post GS to complete one final mission, Emile’s Fromage Montage at the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. You can get a prize in exchange for eating a bunch of cheese.

My kids are not picky eaters and the food was the only thing we researched before the trip. Both Disney Food Blog and AllEars have videos about the food options. While watching the recaps we broke down the ingredient components so they could see it was really just all presentation. It helped to alleviate any concerns about space food. There is a basic kid menu available but we didn't ask to see it.

It all started with the Blue Shrimp served during the Taste Around the Galaxy on night 2 at the GalacticStarcruiser. I challenged one of my kidlets if he took a bite of the Blue Shrimp we would stay an extra day. It was a win win situation for everyone. I challenged him if he took a bite of the Blue Shrimp we would stay an extra day.

For those hesitant about the Blue Shrimp I didn't think the color affected the taste in any way. Kind of like the green eggs in green eggs and ham. They are just green.

Check out day I was able to secure board group 2 for Guardians of the Galaxy and individual lightening lanes for Remy and Soarin. I did have to relocate to the atrium for better cell reception. The entire resort is a concrete bunker and there were many places I had a weak signal.

One last report from our July 23-25 voyage.

Mid way through our cab ride from AKL Kidani to the GS my daughter asked if one of us had packed her backpack. None of us had picked it up so we figured it was left in our room. It had her ID, and other valuables in it, so when we pulled up to the guard shack we had to explain the issue.

Pulled into the porte cochere, unloaded all the bags and my daughter and her boyfriend stayed with the cab for a return trip to AKL Kidani. I explained the situation to the GS crew and he wrote a taxi voucher for the trip TO the GS and also for the return trip to AKL Kidani. The driver also agreed to wait for them while they spoke to the AKL Kidani front desk.

The rest of us took pictures and then waited to board. By this time AKL Kidani housekeeping had confirmed the backpack was not left in the room. The only other possibility was maybe someone had packed it into one of their larger bags that were now with passenger services. We got to our room and anxiously awaited our bags. Felt Ike forever but it was probably less than 10 minutes.

The GS crewmember started bringing in the bags (7) and was making small talk. We were all standing around being polite but inside screaming for him to hurry up. It was about this time another crewmember stopped him in the hallway to help with her iPad. He finishes and brings in the last of the bags and leaves. We tear into them and find the backpack. Phone my daughter and they make their way back to the GS. They arrived at 1:45pm and there was no line or wait to board. The GS crew gave the driver a third voucher.

This experience while stressful for my daughter but ended up ok. It delayed our group boarding and we teased her about her backpack for the rest of the weekend.

Flash forward to check out day, Monday, July 25. We all packed up our bags, set them outside our door with tags, had a leisurely breakfast then left the GS in a taxi to Old Key West. Three of our party were headed to MK then the airport and the rest of us to EPCOT for the day. We didn't return to OKW until late in the evening and it wasn't until I opened my bag I realized that I left my boots in the room at the GS.

Call to guest services who sent a message to GS housekeeping. They took down my information and check out details for possible delivery before we left OKW. I also had a chat conversation via the MDE app and was asked to complete a lost item report. Checked out Tuesday, July 26 afternoon and made it back home. Wednesday morning I received a call from a GS crewmember who confirmed my boots had been found and matched up my details to the lost item report. I received an email Thursday, July 28 that my missing items may have been found and asked to confirm my address. The package left FL July 29 and delivered August 1.

Honestly, I wasn't worried that my boots wouldn't be found but more concerned with getting them back. The was my first experience leaving something in the room and ended up with a positive outcome. The GS crew were considerate and I felt really wiling to help.

I received an email last week from a travel agent that books GS trips (among other things). It noted that they expect Disney to drop Jan 2023 dates any day now because people have to pay in full 90 days out, which would be October. That makes sense to me, but I thought I would run it by people here who have been through the entire booking, paying and cruising experience.
Does it seem like that January cruises will be relatively last minute, at least for people who need time either to save money, get time off, book flights, and/or get outfits together?

We are heading to the Starcruiser in 2 weeks. Our 8.5 year old kiddo would love to dress up as the Mandalorian.

I know the kids' costume rules say that kids' "masks may not cover the entire face and must provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen".

I'm not sure if the official Disney kids' Mandalorian mask with the mesh over the eyes and mouth would or would not be allowed with the policy. Anyone know?

This is the official photo of the mask — in real life, the eyes and mouth have a gray mesh over them, so while you can see the kiddo's eyes and face, it's not 100% open.

We are heading to the Starcruiser in 2 weeks. Our 8.5 year old kiddo would love to dress up as the Mandalorian.

I know the kids' costume rules say that kids' "masks may not cover the entire face and must provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen".

I'm not sure if the official Disney kids' Mandalorian mask with the mesh over the eyes and mouth would or would not be allowed with the policy. Anyone know?

This is the official photo of the mask — in real life, the eyes and mouth have a gray mesh over them, so while you can see the kiddo's eyes and face, it's not 100% open.

You should be fine for the starcruiser but you might run into difficulty when you go to Batuu. I Hope you have an amazing time. We Absolutely loved our time on the Halcyon.

You should be fine for the starcruiser but you might run into difficulty when you go to Batuu. I Hope you have an amazing time. We Absolutely loved our time on the Halcyon.
Awesome, thanks for the confirmation!

Definitely not planning on wearing masks on Batuu—that makes total sense.

We voyage in ONE WEEK and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! Trip report in my signature if anyone wants to follow. Just thinking about it my heart skips a beat. I can't wait to see my son's reaction when he finds out!
I am so jealous! I am sure you will have the best time. We took our voyage back in early May, and still can't stop talking about it to anyone who will listen. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter