Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many repeat visitors there will be at that cost.

:rolleyes1
(If it lives up to expectations, that is.)

I would expect Star Wars Resort guests to have activities in Galaxy's Edge* when the park is closed. That way the experience could be more immersive since there wouldn't be guests in Milky Way wear milling about, for example a pre-park opening activity.

This is what I'm thinking. It's going to be tough to manage with the anticipated crowds from outside the resort, but I can see private EMHs for the resort guests for the exclusivity and immersion factors. Can you imagine experiencing a land like this with just 400 people in it?!?!

I also agree with those saying it will be priced and scheduled like a cruise line, with packages that are specified to a number of nights/days. That way, they can write storylines for those stay lengths and have prescribed things that happen at specific intervals in the guests' stays depending on the timeline of their full visit.

That would work as well. I guess we are including Galaxy's Edge as part of the overall immersiveness of the experience, which would put seeing it in the middle. That way, you aren't getting a ticket to DHS, but just being allowed to roam GE for a few hours.

I also imagine that in some way they will still simulate a day / night cycle.

You could always go into a "greenhouse" (actually, it would be a real greenhouse) but they could say that it's the simulated outdoor area. :)

These prices will likely be insane..So unless I win the lottery or get a job making 150k+ a year, looks like I won't be staying there.

I do hope they allow people to visit that aren't staying at the hotel to check it out

If a couple nights in a Star Wars luxury resort immersion (which sounds freaking awesome) is the same cost as eating steak 3 times a week for a year ... I'll pick steak every time.

I predict a 500 minute wait for the first order ride. Calling it now
What if they make Elsa your co-pilot? Can we get that wait up to 700 minutes?

Has there been any discussion regarding construction time frame for this? Opening around same time as Galaxy's Edge, or maybe a year later?

Has there been any discussion regarding construction time frame for this? Opening around same time as Galaxy's Edge, or maybe a year later?
Given they haven't even started work on it, id say after the land. But Disney does seem to build hotels faster than lands

I really like the idea of this resort, but with a few caveats: For one thing, when I'm at WDW, I don't want to stay at the resort the whole time, so the whole "complete immersion" thing sounds good and not so good. For another, this is bound to become THE resort at WDW to stay at, so getting to stay there will be difficult based on availability AND, of course, it will likely become the most expensive resort at WDW.

I really like the idea of this resort, but with a few caveats: For one thing, when I'm at WDW, I don't want to stay at the resort the whole time, so the whole "complete immersion" thing sounds good and not so good. For another, this is bound to become THE resort at WDW to stay at, so getting to stay there will be difficult based on availability AND, of course, it will likely become the most expensive resort at WDW.
I guess I agree with you...while I think a total immersion would be cool, if I'm going WDW, I want to DO WDW. Doing the total immersion would probably cost as much per person for two nights as my whole week vacation for the family.... Ah, to be rich enough to just not care, eh?

Someone who is a longtime reliable DIS member had posted Nov. 2019 in another thread. I'm not sure where he got that info. He was saying May 2019 for SWL DL, July 2019 for SWL DHS, and Nov. 2019 for SW hotel.

I guess I agree with you...while I think a total immersion would be cool, if I'm going WDW, I want to DO WDW. Doing the total immersion would probably cost as much per person for two nights as my whole week vacation for the family.... Ah, to be rich enough to just not care, eh?

This is why when I do this, it is the only thing planned. Might be able to pick up a 4 or 5 night ticket and stay off property after the resort, but the primary vacation will be for the immersion offered by the resort.

Vacations are no fun when you have to think more about the cost that what you're seeing...

...therefore, it's a No. I'll watch closely to see what they actually build though...
...like how you manage to cut people off from sunlight? That isn't healthy and it's weird to do it intentionally for entire sleep cycles.

We know who has never been to Vegas.

For one thing, when I'm at WDW, I don't want to stay at the resort the whole time, so the whole "complete immersion" thing sounds good and not so good.

While I know there are plenty of Star Wars fans that are WDW fans, I think that this might be Disney's way of pulling in a whole new genre of guests that were never going to come to Disney World in the first place because it's a "kiddie park". I feel like you might find a REALLY decent percentage of vacationers that come here and never step foot in the rest of the parks.

While I know there are plenty of Star Wars fans that are WDW fans, I think that this might be Disney's way of pulling in a whole new genre of guests that were never going to come to Disney World in the first place because it's a "kiddie park". I feel like you might find a REALLY decent percentage of vacationers that come here and never step foot in the rest of the parks.

Yep, there are going to be a lot of empty basements in the world. And lots of action figures... I mean collectibles not being played with. If they come alive like the "Toy Story" characters, the Leia dolls will be very happy about their owners absence.

Yep, there are going to be a lot of empty basements in the world. And lots of action figures... I mean collectibles not being played with. If they come alive like the "Toy Story" characters, the Leia dolls will be very happy about their owners absence.
You took it there. And I laughed. Oh how I laughed.

I feel like this is something I will only be able to do once in my life due to the price. Exciting but I'm a "meh" given that fact this will almost certainly be ridiculously expensive.

I may not even do it the once if its that ridiculous. I don't even like Star Wars much.

What do you have against janitor closets on spaceships? Roger Wilco made a pretty good living (and 5 sequels) fighting Sariens out of his janitorial closet...

Looking at the artist mock up, I was also wondering if it was the Red Dwarf mining ship, and the bunks in back were where Lister and Rimmer slept. (these obscure nerd references can go on all day long!!)

Someone who is a longtime reliable DIS member had posted Nov. 2019 in another thread. I'm not sure where he got that info. He was saying May 2019 for SWL DL, July 2019 for SWL DHS, and Nov. 2019 for SW hotel.

That's what some of my nerd boards are saying - fall, 2019. Of course, they think this is going to be $1400 per night with an upcharge pp. They all know nothing about WDW except how to handle SWW.

FWIW, and based on nothing, I don't think they're going to let people just into the resort, the entire deal of it being an immersion thing would be ruined if you've got randoms walking around not being a part of the show. Personally, I've been saying "take my money" but what's the point if its just another hotel and doesn't have a pool...I think this is going to have to be a scenario where its 100% in or out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter