• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a no from us. I booked us on a 5 night double dip for 5 last year on the Fantasy for that much.
Maybe one day but not high on my priority list for that price.

Love me some Star Wars, but I'll be waiting for the discounts to roll in after 6 months or so. No way they're gonna keep this place full at $5k/2 nights. That's just crazy pricing.
Yeah, I think they are going to regret building this in a few years.

Pricing is beyond hilarious.

Wow, wow, wow! Somehow the most exciting part is that the sample itinerary seems to imply that you'll actually get on RISE if you book this! :rotfl2:

I hope that’s not the biggest selling point of the whole package. My family rode ROTR twice during our recent trip. We are done with that ride for now.

I think you'll be surprised at how much a Star Wars/Disney fan is willing to pay. hahaha I'll definitely be waiting a few years to save up for it!
I love star wars, as corny as this sounds, i was almost brought to tears when i walked into the Millennium Falcon on our last trip.

but i'll never pay that amount. There's too many other things to do in the world.

For me, whether it is worth it or not depends a lot on how the experience of it all plays out. That's a steep price, BUT, if it's a totally unique experience, then I can see doing it. You do get a lot of meals and entertainment, but what I want to know is whether it is truly immersive and so totally different than anything else or if it is more like a themed hotel with a shuttle to the park, you know? Very interested to hear experiences on this one. Still, I'm glad Disney is willing to try something that is outside the box.

It's actually not as much as I had thought it would be. It's expensive, no doubt- but $750pp a night just doesn't send shock waves to me. That's similar to cruising costs and this sounds pretty much like a cruise style experience. We'll wait and see what the reviews are like and if they're as good as I think they will be, we'll do it.....if we can ever get reservations...and Disney is back full steam by then. We'd just add it to a vacation doing it on the front or back end, but not returning to WDW until they're really fully back.

I am definitely doing this but I want to see reviews first before I throw all my money at it. I'm more concerned about the 'story experiences' and how those pan out- I imagine they take place together with other guests which could be a good or bad thing... if others are just as into it and play along then cool. But if you get some folks that are grumpy and not feeling it then boo. Also want to hear more about Batuu and how that pans out. It sounds incredible though but would make for a pricey trip because there's no way we would come just to do that- we'd want to do a few regular days at WDW too.

Not only will this sell out, it will be sold out in minutes on the first day. Disney already knows this or they wouldn't have priced it that way. They have social engineers and economists at the doctorate level running charts and numbers that would make your head spin. They did not just grab a number and fly with it, they know exactly what they are doing.

The bare minimum for a small off season weekday wedding is $5,000. The average cost of a Disney wedding is $12,000. Thats half of one day. And they are sold out for years.

The bare minimum for a small off season weekday wedding is $5,000. The average cost of a Disney wedding is $12,000. Thats half of one day. And they are sold out for years.
yeah..but to be fair..people spend a lot of money on weddings anyways.

True, but consider cruises, something else people pay lots of money for. Disney cruises are considerably more expensive than most other cruise lines, yet people pay for it--and are happy about the experience.
yeah i guess so. I know people are going to eat these rooms up, there's no question about it. I dont think you're going see very many families doing this though.

I imagine they take place together with other guests which could be a good or bad thing... if others are just as into it and play along then cool. But if you get some folks that are grumpy and not feeling it then boo.

You just gave me a nightmare about this I didn't know I would have:

Congrats, your group has no idea what they signed up for and just stares dumbfounded at the cast members acting like you're actually in space. (There's always somebody booking whole Disney vacations while doing seemingly no research, so why not here too? They might ask to also see "Harry Potter World" at some point during the trip.)

Congrats, your group contains the small child that is not yet capable of 'yes, and-ing' his way through a resistance mission but is VERY vocal about how Batman needs to be involved somehow.

Congrats, your group has the guy who is too cool for this and purposefully tries to derail it for everyone despite paying hard earned money for this experience like every one else. (This guy is later seen reciting the HM opening loudly over the ghost host).

I think I'm going to wait here for some reviews on these story points.

You just gave me a nightmare about this I didn't know I would have:

Congrats, your group has no idea what they signed up for and just stares dumbfounded at the cast members acting like you're actually in space. (There's always somebody booking whole Disney vacations while doing seemingly no research, so why not here too? They might ask to also see "Harry Potter World" at some point during the trip.)

Congrats, your group contains the small child that is not yet capable of 'yes, and-ing' his way through a resistance mission but is VERY vocal about how Batman needs to be involved somehow.

Congrats, your group has the guy who is too cool for this and purposefully tries to derail it for everyone despite paying hard earned money for this experience like every one else. (This guy is later seen reciting the HM opening loudly over the ghost host).

I think I'm going to wait here for some reviews on these story points.
Congrats you have the pre-teen who had to come with the parents who is still in the mortified to be seen with them stage who refuses to do anything but sneer at everyone in the vicinity. (And then the parents getting mad at the child because “we paid good money for this.”). I’ll be waiting for several weeks of reviews first, as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter