Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

I did get this, and oddly it included the confirmation that as of now I’ve chosen a refund (it should be in yours as well?), so that was nice.
I noticed this as well and printed it to put with my envelope of stuff, so I get my $405 back. Trying to keep it seperate form my SWC 2020 stuff (I opted to keep my 4 day ticket for 2022...)

Also...this was the straw that broke the camel's back....sent me spiraling head first into "covid fatigue" mourning. So tired of trying to be upbeat and optimistic when all the things I love keep getting cancelled or changed. *sigh* I'll get over it eventually, but for now....sad.
Just want you to know you're not alone. (HUG) It did the same to me last week.

Such a sad day here! I just selected to get our Star Wars 10k registrations refunded (it was going to be my teenagers first runDis event) AND I cancelled our Dec trip that was an August trip that was originally a March spring break trip. Some days it feels like we will never get to Disney again. Anyone know how long it takes for them to refund the race reg to a credit card? The email stated 6-8 wks...just wondering if it really takes that long? When does registration for Wine & Dine open? I'm so heartsick for a trip to Dis and REALLY needed this Star Wars race as a good kick in the pants to get back in shape! *cries on keyboard*

Such a sad day here! I just selected to get our Star Wars 10k registrations refunded (it was going to be my teenagers first runDis event) AND I cancelled our Dec trip that was an August trip that was originally a March spring break trip. Some days it feels like we will never get to Disney again. Anyone know how long it takes for them to refund the race reg to a credit card? The email stated 6-8 wks...just wondering if it really takes that long? When does registration for Wine & Dine open? I'm so heartsick for a trip to Dis and REALLY needed this Star Wars race as a good kick in the pants to get back in shape! *cries on keyboard*
We have no idea what the future of RunDisney will look like at the moment. RunDisney has no future races announced right now.

We have no idea what the future of RunDisney will look like at the moment. RunDisney has no future races announced right now.
Was wondering about this because they announced the 2020-2021 schedule (starting with that years Wine and Dine) in October 2019. Obviously they’re dealing with a lot so I didn’t expect them to release the schedule at the same time this year but I guess it’s the next thing to keep an eye on.

Was wondering about this because they announced the 2020-2021 schedule (starting with that years Wine and Dine) in October 2019. Obviously they’re dealing with a lot so I didn’t expect them to release the schedule at the same time this year but I guess it’s the next thing to keep an eye on.
Yeah, I wouldn’t expect any news until next year. Their first three races in a normal year are already canceled for 2021. They have time to figure out if Wine and Dine is happening.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to refund the race reg to a credit card? The email stated 6-8 wks...just wondering if it really takes that long?
I got my 2020 SW refund very quickly - within a week of requesting refund, I think. But W&D and Marathon took almost, if not the entire, 8 weeks.

FYI: everyone getting a disney giftcard, or have ones currently, the https://disneygiftcard.com/ website is changing starting Jan 20th - so Keep track of your gift card numbers and pins because you will have to re-enter those in the new system - they won't be automatically transferring them over. The cards will still work, but the site lets you track your balances and they wont auto move them to the new one.

So this is more of a general runDisney question, probably, but it has to do with signing up for the virtual Star Wars run. Completely new to runDisney, and haven't run in years, but thought this might be a good motivation for something to do to actually try to get in a bit of shape. We're also getting the kids involved (6 1/2 and 8), and we're only looking at the 5K.

My wife points out that we really don't need 4 medals, and since it's only virtual, we don't really need to pay for 4 registrations. However, if this is something that we actually got into after this, is there any other reason to register all of us besides the medals? Is there some kind of record with runDisney for ones we've done going forward or any kind of record that we're past entrants by registering? I was going to register myself in addition to the kids to get the option with the shirt, but just saw that option is sold out, so now really wondering if there's any reason to register more than 2 of us really.

So this is more of a general runDisney question, probably, but it has to do with signing up for the virtual Star Wars run. Completely new to runDisney, and haven't run in years, but thought this might be a good motivation for something to do to actually try to get in a bit of shape. We're also getting the kids involved (6 1/2 and 8), and we're only looking at the 5K.

My wife points out that we really don't need 4 medals, and since it's only virtual, we don't really need to pay for 4 registrations. However, if this is something that we actually got into after this, is there any other reason to register all of us besides the medals? Is there some kind of record with runDisney for ones we've done going forward or any kind of record that we're past entrants by registering? I was going to register myself in addition to the kids to get the option with the shirt, but just saw that option is sold out, so now really wondering if there's any reason to register more than 2 of us really.
Only reason you would need all 4 is if you all want medals and shirts.

runDisney tracks the races that you run. If you run the inaugural race for a given theme (like Star Wars) and then run every year after in the same themed race weekend, you are recognized as "legacy" at the 5, 10, 15, etc year mark with a different lanyard for your medal (and sometimes extra swag if it is 25 years as a runner of every marathon at WDW since they started...) This is the fifth year (was supposed to be last year before race was canceled due to pandemic) of Star Wars for several things: Kessel Run Challenge and Half Marathon so hopefully those that did all five years will get some sort of recognition.

runDisney stated that they will be changing the theme of Star Wars weekend for 2022 to something else (https://www.rundisney.com/advisory/) so any legacy would be reset - i.e., you would sign up the new theme next year and every year after to hit the new legacy milestones.

So bottom line, sign up for as many medals as you'd like and no need to worry about legacy status for Star Wars for this virtual race.

Anyone see any info on what the virtual half marathon medal will look like? Also, the virtual Star Wars website doesn't appear to be updated or have a location to upload your time to get your certificate and lots of pages still say 2020...

Last edited:
runDisney tracks the races that you run. If you run the inaugural race for a given theme (like Star Wars) and then run every year after in the same themed race weekend, you are recognized as "legacy" at the 5, 10, 15, etc year mark with a different lanyard for your medal (and sometimes extra swag if it is 25 years as a runner of every marathon at WDW since they started...) This is the fifth year (was supposed to be last year before race was canceled due to pandemic) of Star Wars for several things: Kessel Run Challenge and Half Marathon so hopefully those that did all five years will get some sort of recognition.

runDisney stated that they will be changing the theme of Star Wars weekend for 2022 to something else (https://www.rundisney.com/advisory/) so any legacy would be reset - i.e., you would sign up the new theme next year and every year after to hit the new legacy milestones.

So bottom line, sign up for as many medals as you'd like and no need to worry about legacy status for Star Wars for this virtual race.

Do they only keep track of legacy status within themes, or are you able to see your entire runDisney history?

Do they only keep track of legacy status within themes, or are you able to see your entire runDisney history?
These are two different things. For the first part of your question, runDisney only keeps track of legacy status within themes based on your name used to register. For the second part of your question, on the runDisney website in the results section, they maintain results for the past 4 years (currently 2017-2020) so if you pick and choose different themes, you can see your results from those races by looking up that particular race.

I also got an email about a refund being issued so I'll check my credit card next week for it.

Last edited:
I got an email about the magic band being refunded last Friday. I checked my card this morning and the refund for the magic band has posted but still no refund for the race itself.

Just got an email about my race refund, said it should show up on my credit card in 4-5 business days.

We were refunded for the 5k that I signed up for but still waiting for my husband's half marathon registration to be refunded to the same card. We got 2 emails last week, so we will probably see it in a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter