Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mandilorian really lives up to the hype. Looking forward to Star Wars 9, am I the only one who wants nothing to do with Kylo Ren having a redemption moment. Killing his father the way he did, just finish him off is some grand way. Probably in the minority, but is not the first time.

I don't want a full redemption moment - like if it ends with Kylie and Rey training new Jedi together I would be upset

But if he forsakes the dark side and tries to atone for that a bit - perhaps after lessons from force ghost Anakin about how the dark side only takes it doesn't give you what you were looking for, etc and in the end Anakin and his grandson bring balance to the Force I can go for that (balance doesn't mean "good" is in charge - prequels showed the Jedi were just as power hungry as the Sith)

Other than the timelines not making a lot of sense, the Mandalorian is great. Can't wait for the next episode.

It's supposed to be after the fall of the empire but yet Yoda is only 50 years old. If I remember right, Yoda was over 900 years old prior to the fall of the empire. Maybe I'm missing something because I don't follow any of the books or series and it that's why, then OK. Or is the youngling not Yoda?

Other than the timelines not making a lot of sense, the Mandalorian is great. Can't wait for the next episode.

It's supposed to be after the fall of the empire but yet Yoda is only 50 years old. If I remember right, Yoda was over 900 years old prior to the fall of the empire. Maybe I'm missing something because I don't follow any of the books or series and it that's why, then OK. Or is the youngling not Yoda?
That's not Yoda

As @sachilles says, the "baby" is not Yoda. It is significant though in that we have only ever seen two of the species that Yoda is part of, Yoda and Yaddle, and both were Jedi Masters. George Lucas has always said that species is hands-off for any material and it doesn't even have a name. They are clearly very connected to The Force and serve a higher purpose, so this creature's existence could have major repercussions.

As @sachilles says, the "baby" is not Yoda. It is significant though in that we have only ever seen two of the species that Yoda is part of, Yoda and Yaddle, and both were Jedi Masters. George Lucas has always said that species is hands-off for any material and it doesn't even have a name. They are clearly very connected to The Force and serve a higher purpose, so this creature's existence could have major repercussions.
I'll bet a beer, if that is the child of Yoda and Yaddle, the only logical name could be Yedi ;)

I've been resisting the urge to talk about the little guy/gal......due to spoilers but since y'all went and done that, I'll add that it's the cutest thing ever. I assumed it was a 50 year old youngling that probably is the last remaining of its species. He/she is very special.

Honestly, just finish them all off IMO. There's nobody alive, and no current new characters I care about anyway.

But that's the beauty of another movie, there is time-and have heard a couple theories that might help.

Liking Mandalorian though. :thumbsup2
Hey, Chewie's still alive! :chewy:

I've been resisting the urge to talk about the little guy/gal......due to spoilers but since y'all went and done that, I'll add that it's the cutest thing ever. I assumed it was a 50 year old youngling that probably is the last remaining of its species. He/she is very special.

There's been some rumors that the child may be linked somehow to the return of Palpatine since Dr Pershing (the doc after the baby) worked for the Imperials. The fan theories are a bit of a stretch, but it will be interesting to find out out how the child is linked to the Doctor and what his plans are

There's been some rumors that the child may be linked somehow to the return of Palpatine since Dr Pershing (the doc after the baby) worked for the Imperials. The fan theories are a bit of a stretch, but it will be interesting to find out out how the child is linked to the Doctor and what his plans are
I think they run the risk of ruining the series if they try to tie it into the movie series.

I kinda doubt that. You'd have to have the character arc setup and revealed and I don't think it'll play out before the movie opens. Though one of the videos I saw on YouTube said that Dr. Pershing appears to be wearing a patch indicating he's from Camino/working on behalf of the cloners so that might be kinda interesting. But I can't see JJ bringing Palpatine back AS a clone (boys from brazil?!) - He'll just be force reconstituted ala Kenobi and Yoda and Anakin.
Now if you could get Ahsoka in there and finish training Rei...

I don't want a full redemption moment - like if it ends with Kylie and Rey training new Jedi together I would be upset

But if he forsakes the dark side and tries to atone for that a bit - perhaps after lessons from force ghost Anakin about how the dark side only takes it doesn't give you what you were looking for, etc and in the end Anakin and his grandson bring balance to the Force I can go for that (balance doesn't mean "good" is in charge - prequels showed the Jedi were just as power hungry as the Sith)

Just a non-spoiler self-theory... this is supposed to be both the "Rise of Skywalker" and the end of the "Skywalker saga." Since we know they will have to end Leia's story somehow, Ben will be the last "Skywalker" descendant. How likely is it Ben survives the film at all? Redemption & death would be a derivative ending, but it's high on my list of possibilities.

I've been scrolling past a lot of posts lately... is there a separate Mandalorian thread? I can't be the only one in this thread who hasn't got a chance to watch Mandalorian yet, so I've been avoiding looking for a thread like that, but still coming here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter