• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the North America numbers tell the story more so than the global ones.

Yea that's true.

Its best if Domestic gets a big opening, followed by good word of mouth and repeat viewing.

Solo had neither. $84M opening, $129M after.

Since TFA opened with $247M and added $700M (Domestic), and TLJ opened at $220M and added $400M, Rise will be at least at TLJ level.

I think they would be pretty happy with that.

Well, I LOVE the Prequels and always have - and no I was not a kid when they came out. I unapologetically love them. The Phantom Menace is actually my favorite Star Wars movie and I think that the Prequels as a whole narrative are better than the OT. I am all for Ewan coming back as Obi Wan and can't wait for the show!
I agree that the story line in the prequels is great. It is just messed up with bad directing, bad cgi, and bad dialogue.

Probably the most cringeworthy scene I've ever seen is we Natalie Portman fall out of the ship in attack of the clones, and I love everything she is in.

Well, I LOVE the Prequels and always have - and no I was not a kid when they came out. I unapologetically love them. The Phantom Menace is actually my favorite Star Wars movie and I think that the Prequels as a whole narrative are better than the OT. I am all for Ewan coming back as Obi Wan and can't wait for the show!

I'm right there with you. I would have preferred no Jar Jar and a less whiny Anakin but they were pretty solid movies. I would rank all 3 over ROTJ and TLJ easily.

I agree that the story line in the prequels is great. It is just messed up with bad directing, bad cgi, and bad dialogue.

Probably the most cringeworthy scene I've ever seen is we Natalie Portman fall out of the ship in attack of the clones, and I love everything she is in.

Well, I don't really feel like there's anything wrong with them. The CGI is great, especially for the time. I think they are very capable, well-crafted movies. They're not fine cinema, but they're a lot of fun!

I'm right there with you. I would have preferred no Jar Jar and a less whiny Anakin but they were pretty solid movies. I would rank all 3 over ROTJ and TLJ easily.

I can't see why Return of the Jedi always gets a pass. The foot soldiers of the almighty Empire were taken out by a bunch of overgrown teddy bears with sticks? Might as well have had Sidious die from a hang nail.

I can't see why Return of the Jedi always gets a pass. The foot soldiers of the almighty Empire were taken out by a bunch of overgrown teddy bears with sticks? Might as well have had Sidious die from a hang nail.

But, that's not really what Ewoks are. They look cute, sure, but they are warriors with somewhat savage proclivities and it's possible that at least some of them had a connection to The Force. They may be primitive, but they are very tough fighters.

Jedi doesn't need a "pass" for anything - it's a fun ending to the trilogy.

I have similar views on Jedi and I feel like that take gets bad reactions from other Star Wars fans. I do think the firs tpart of Jedi is really fun - I actually see it similar to the Last Jedi in that the high points of it are really high, but there are some rather low parts too - it more uneven to me than, say, the Force Awakens.

I tend to rank Revenge of the Sith above Jedi, but the other 2 prequels I have below it

But, that's not really what Ewoks are. They look cute, sure, but they are warriors with somewhat savage proclivities and it's possible that at least some of them had a connection to The Force. They may be primitive, but they are very tough fighters.

Jedi doesn't need a "pass" for anything - it's a fun ending to the trilogy.

I agree.

I'm kind of appalled that anyone thinks the prequels were better than to OT. Yeesh. Honestly, even the in the OT, the two best were not the ones directed by Lucas. He's a terrible director.

As someone that saw the OT in the theaters, ANH was my first movie at I recall during it's re-release right before Empire, I loved all three. Jedi the most, probably because I was at the age where I could get my hands on all the special run magazines, and read about it, and was all in on the action figures (Pre-GI Joe craze).

Of the prequels, I enjoyed Attack of the Clones (it's my son's favorite SW movie), and Revenge is clearly the best of the three, as Hayden is almost tolerable in that one. I'd never put any of them higher than the OT, or Rogue One.

I'm still a TLJ fan. Except for a few scenes, I loved it. It took us a different direction from every other SW movie, and didn't placate the fan boys. A welcome relief after TFA.

I'm anxious for ROS. I keep hearing good things, but have read some spoilers, and I'm a little concerned. Time will tell. Only a week to go!

I have similar views on Jedi and I feel like that take gets bad reactions from other Star Wars fans. I do think the firs tpart of Jedi is really fun - I actually see it similar to the Last Jedi in that the high points of it are really high, but there are some rather low parts too - it more uneven to me than, say, the Force Awakens.

I tend to rank Revenge of the Sith above Jedi, but the other 2 prequels I have below it

Apparently it does get bad reactions from other Star Wars fans. It's near the bottom of the rankings for me. There is no scientific method to that ranking of course. Just my enjoyment watching the movies.

I just rewatched episode 1 and 2. There are things I love in those movies but there is a lot bad also. I have a hard time ranking all the movies but those two are at the bottom for sure.

I just rewatched episode 1 and 2. There are things I love in those movies but there is a lot bad also. I have a hard time ranking all the movies but those two are at the bottom for sure.

Yeah, like the podracing scene is cool and the battle at Genosis is good but there is a lot of not great parts too

Do you play??
I did make a point to be there for the Fortnite x Star Wars event just a little bit ago, and it was really cool! They turned off “eliminations” once it was time, so it turned into a big dance party with all the emote-ing, and then JJ Abrams was there in-game, and everyone watched a very short Ep.9 clip on a big screen behind his avatar. And then everyone got light sabers and got to play with those for a few minutes. Fun stuff.
3222B936-0F09-442A-A26A-5B1082E6B116.jpeg

I did make a point to be there for the Fortnite x Star Wars event just a little bit ago, and it was really cool! They turned off “eliminations” once it was time, so it turned into a big dance party with all the emote-ing, and then JJ Abrams was there in-game, and everyone watched a very short Ep.9 clip on a big screen behind his avatar. And then everyone got light sabers and got to play with those for a few minutes. Fun stuff.
View attachment 458709

Noooooo!! I couldn’t get in!!! Tried for a half hour!!! I’m happy someone got to experience it!! I love playing!! My kids friends call me the ‘cool mom’ cause I play with them 😂 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter