• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying at Hard Rock- Help with Dining plan questions

counselormom

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone

I've not posted on the Universal Forum before but I have read many of your posts and they have been so helpful in my planning, so thank you !

However, I have run into a few questions that even after repeated phone calls to Hard Rock and Universal are not answered or I'm given conflicting answers. So instead I will do what I should have done in the first place and ask the experts.

This is our first trip and we are staying at Hard Rock , March 6-13 using a 40% off pin code.

When I booked I specifically ask if I could add the dining plan since it was a room only reservation and was told yes. I called back to do so and was told no , it has to be a package but call Hard rock and make sure. When I did I was told I could but it couldn't be done until we arrived. So ... my questions are:

1. Can I add the dining plan on room only?
2. If so can I do it now and how do I do that ?
3. Since we are staying 7 days but the restaurants on the dining plan are limited I would like to buy 4 days of the plan. Will that be okay?
4. I would like to buy the 14 day unlimited tickets as opposed to the 4 day that I've been reading about but I don't see on the Universal site where that's an option??

Can anyone help? Im so used to being super organized when planning vacations that this is making me nervous .

BTW: we had it planned for spring break but we got an awesome deal on airfare on allegiant for $470 total for 4 people! Then the pin code so
the kids will just have to miss school. I only hope it's not going to be too cold to enjoy the pools.

Thanks everyone

Are you referring to the QS dining plan? If so, you can buy as few/many days and for as few/many people as you want at the parks, they issue dining "cards" with the credits on them per day. I did not see anything about them in the hotels nor am I aware of any ability to purchase in advance. If you mean the TS dining plan, I did NOT see anything about it when we were last in the parks OR at the hotels.

Yes, I was thinking about TS plan. Thank you both for your answers , I'm just going to be better about winging it!

I am a planner , like you, and always had everything planned when we would do disney. Then, I discovered that wasn't necessary at Universal, which is what makes it so relaxing. There are so many choices to eat and with staying insure you can easily go to the parks then take a break, go back or go to any of the restaurants in city walk. I think you might find the meal plan more if a hindrance in some cases at universal. We are going back for our third time and staying at hard rock for the first time. Can't wait to spend some time at the pool between running around the parks. Hope you have a great time!

Just to add to that last post regarding flexibility and ease, your room key will act as an ADR at most of the restaurants in the parks, onsite hotels and TS restaurants in the parks. Bubba Gump's in Citywalk is one that I don't believe has any sort of reservation system. There may be a couple others. Using my room key at places like Mythos, Finnegans, Confisco Grille, Hard Rock Cafe, NBA, O'Briens, and Margaritaville has put our group into a no-wait category. And the restaurants at the resorts (the ones we've tried anyway) always have availability it seems.

I know it doesn't help with the money aspect, but if you feel the need to preplan a bunch of meals, it's not really necessary if you're staying onsite :)

Congrats on the code! Very nice :goodvibes

I booked the 14 day Unlimited 3-Park access tickets a few months ago from a link on this site (we are staying at the Hard Rock for 8 nights and wanted total flexibility on which days or part days we decided to go to the parks). I just checked and the link is still there.

If you click on the grey Universal Orlando tab at the top of this page (just to the right of the Adventures by Disney tab) it will bring you to the page that it is on. Just scroll down a little bit and you will see it.

The adult rate ticket was $188.

You will get a confirmation that you bring with you and redeem at the Will Call kiosk to get your unlimited ticket for the whole time you are there.

Just one more note on the 14 day tickets ... I decided to do the Will Call kiosk pickup option instead of Print@Home because of this comment I read about the Print&Home option when you get to the point in the order process where you pick which one you want ... didn't want to be carrying around four 8.5x11 pieces of paper every day.

"Please Note: The Print@Home ticket will be the only ticket you will receive. It will print on 8.5" x 11" size paper and must be presented each time you enter the theme park(s). If you would prefer a wallet size ticket, please select Will Call Kiosk or FedEx delivery."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter