Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

I am wanting to add our two younger sons (both over 18 now) to two deeds SS and AKL.
We are in the U.K. my question is about getting witness stamp/notary. Presumably I could get it signed in front of a lawyer here and stamped.
Is there any other form of payment I can make as I have no idea how I pay from U.K in dollars other than with a card.
Anyone achieved this from the U.K.

I am wanting to add our two younger sons (both over 18 now) to two deeds SS and AKL.
We are in the U.K. my question is about getting witness stamp/notary. Presumably I could get it signed in front of a lawyer here and stamped.
Is there any other form of payment I can make as I have no idea how I pay from U.K in dollars other than with a card.
I am in the middle of proces to add my husband to my deed. I am from Netherlands. I am using lttransfers because i didn’t want to do it alone. I am using a virtual notary to sign and they can provide witnesses. Payment for service from lttransfer and the virtual notary are via paypal.

LT Transfers referenced above is a timeshare transfer company that is well-regarded in the timeshare community, not just DVC. They've completed multiple gratuitous transfers for my family over several years. Their website is www.lttransfers.com.

Does anyone have the phone number for Orange County Controller, I think I will contact them to see if I can do this from the U.K. without using a transfer company. Can I speak to anyone there?
I contacted the transfer company and not sure i want to pay that much when its two deeds that need changing, and the time line seems very slow.

Does anyone have the phone number for Orange County Controller, I think I will contact them to see if I can do this from the U.K. without using a transfer company. Can I speak to anyone there?
I contacted the transfer company and not sure i want to pay that much when its two deeds that need changing, and the time line seems very slow.
Others have completed the process without using a 3rd party (like LT Transfers).

https://www.occompt.com/about-the-comptroller/contact-us/

Official Records/Recording: (407) 836-5115

just To make sure I am not making mistakes, I have some questions I hope someone can help me with.

My deeds are called warranty deed, does this remain the same? Do I have to put gratuitous transfer anywhere on the new deed?

In the top left corner is written prepared by, I put my name followed by return to and my address?
I then fill out the grantor which I change to the three names that were the grantee and put same three names plus the two extra names as the new grantee?

The followowing paragraph is the one that confuses me the most,
Witnesseth that said grantor, for and in consideration of the sum of (This is where I put $10 and continue with) to said grantor in hand paid by said grantee, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged has granted, bargained and sold to the said grantee, and grantee’s heirs and assigns forever, the following described land, situate, lying and being in Orange County, Florida to-wit:
Does the wording of the above paragraph need changing as we have not sold!

There is also another paragraph referring to the membership agreement, an initial copy of which is attached to the declaration.
Do I leave the above in as I don’t have a copy of that.

Where it is written,
The use year for this unit begins on the first day of February 2016. I leave this the same? As well as the Resort Fees billed for 2016 and subsequent years. This also remains the same?

Do I need to leave in the last paragraph,
And, the grantor hereby covenants with said grantee that the grantor is lawfully seized of said land in fee simple; that the grantor has good right and lawful authority to sell and convey said land,

My other deed is worded differently, still warranty deed at the top then,
This indenture made on
So I just keep the wording the same as each deeds original?
The second Deed for AK is a lot shorter and more straight forward than the SS Deed, is this always the case?

In the top right corner of both deeds is document number, date, time, fee etc, do I leave that off?

Do I have to send a form or anything with the changed deed or do I just send a covering letter, what information would I need to send with the deed?

Sorry for so many questions but being from the U.K. I have no idea how your system works.

Please could someone confirm exactly what I need to pay. I am changing original from three names to five names.
is the deed tax 56 the rec fee 27 and then what else do I need to pay?

Thank you in advance to anyone that has the time to help me.

Last edited:
I have seen on the posts here a picture of a form for property transfer from Orange county, do i need one of those forms as well to send with the new Deeds I have typed up?

I'm looking to re-title with the adult kids on Aulani and Villas at Disneyland Hotel. Anyone have experience DIY for either resort or Hawaii or California maybe on other properties? Is it pretty much the same as Florida, but the fees are slightly different?

First, thanks for @Kaufeegurl for the detailed info in this thread and everyone who's contributed to it. My wife and I have been looking to add my adult kids onto our 3 contracts for a couple of years now, but figured it was going to be pretty expensive and somewhat complicated. I just submitted my 3 deeds to DVC this week for waaaaay less than I was thinking. A few things that I had to piece together from this thread (and my experience) that I thought might be helpful to consolidate (and please note, this is based on my experience and worked for me, not guaranteeing it will work for you):
  • DVC no longer requires any ROFR waiver on gratuitous transfers--if you email member administration and tell them what you're doing, they'll send you a "New Owner Information Form" which is supposed to be the only thing that needs to be sent back with copies of your deeds once Orange County processes them (I've attached the copy they sent me this week to this post EDIT: Looks like they have a slightly newer version which I've updated in the attachments)
  • The Orange County Comptroller's office does not require any forms to be sent along with the deeds. I'd seen mention of a form in previous comments--I called them and they said "Nope, just send a check and the deeds, that's all you need". They have a different address for overnight mail if you are using that, which is: 108 E. Church St., Suite 300, Orlando, FL 32801
  • For my deed, I used the advanced search to find one that matched my resort that was a gratuitous transfer by entering a partial resort name in the Legal search box on the OC Comptroller advanced search page and then scanning the page for "Grantee (4)" to parse through all of the deed recordings (I used 4 figuring it was a good number to quickly compare to the "Grantor" info which was normally 2 to someone that was adding people).
    • I found a completed one from American Title Company (the one Disney recommends) and just redid my info in that format
    • I've included my deed format as attachments to this post
  • In addition to mailing everything in, Orange County does eRecording, so you can do everything online using a third party like Deeds.com--no need to go to the post office/UPS and send anything overnight. There is an additional fee of $21 per deed to do this, but that's probably about the cost of sending an overnight letter to the Comptroller's office.
  • For Deeds.com, if you want to use it, it's pretty easy (I'm not advocating for anyone to use them, just seemed like the easiest one to use from my research and good reviews):
    • Setup an account on Deeds.com
    • Upload a copy of your driver's license (I did both front and back in one pic and sent it in---they say they won't process anything without an ID)
    • Get all your deed(s) ready and in the format you want
    • Open a package under your account
    • Upload your deed(s) to the package you created--if you're doing more than one, upload one at a time, but do them within roughly the same timespan so they process them all at once
    • There's no submit button, so I'm not sure what kicks off the process with them, but there's a Message Center box where I just sent a note that said "my deeds are ready for processing". They responded pretty quickly to that.
    • They'll generate an invoice, which once you pay will complete the process on your end and they'll submit your package to Orange County
    • Everything was processed and done from their side quickly--I had my deeds back from Orange County in less than 21 hours and submitted to DVC in less than 24 hours from signing by the notary
    • Here's my timeline using them (everything from them comes with email notices at each step):
      • 8/22
        • 2:26pm: Uploaded my notarized deeds
        • 2:46pm: Deeds.com confirmed that I wanted 3 deeds prepared and there was no other considerations than what was stated in the deed, which I confirmed within a couple of minutes
        • 3:21pm: Deeds.com generated an invoice, which I paid in a minute or two
        • 3:41pm: Deeds.com confirmed that my documents had been submitted to Orange County for processing
      • 8/23
        • 11:15am: Orange County recorded my deeds and deed images were available on the OC Comptroller website
        • 11:52am: Deeds.com notified me that the process was complete and sent me back copies of my recorded deeds.
      • 8/28: Email received from DVC that the process has been completed and I can see my kids as members now
    • $21 per deed for their fee plus the OC fees, all billed through Deeds.com to my credit card. I could not have been happier with the process in terms of how quick it was and how well they handled everything
  • DVC confirmed via email that if my wife and I were staying on the deed, that my future reservations that I'd already booked would be unaffected (when I sent my New Owner Info form and my completed deeds, I made sure to note this. (Note: as of the completion of the process, all of my reservations remained intact).
  • My total cost to do all 3 contract was $126 (excluding the notary)
Thank you all again for everyone's info here--it's been super helpful and saved me a ton of money. Figured I'd post in the spirit of giving back.

8/28/23 Edit: Process is complete. I've updated the New Owner Information form that Disney sent out to me in the attached files so everyone can see the latest version, which is slightly different than what I submitted.

Attachments

• deedsamplepage1.jpg
    deedsamplepage1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 83
  • DeedsamplePage2.jpg
    DeedsamplePage2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 74
  • New Owner Information Form 06.21.pdf
    227.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
First, thanks for @Kaufeegurl for the detailed info in this thread and everyone who's contributed to it. My wife and I have been looking to add my adult kids onto our 3 contracts for a couple of years now, but figured it was going to cost be pretty expensive and somewhat complicated. I just submitted my 3 deeds to DVC this week for waaaaay less than I was thinking. A few things that I had to piece together from this thread (and my experience) that I thought might be helpful to consolidate (and please note, this is based on my experience and worked for me, not guaranteeing it will work for you):
  • DVC no longer requires any ROFR waiver on gratuitous transfers--if you email member administration and tell them what you're doing, they'll send you a "New Owner Information Form" which is supposed to be the only thing that needs to be sent back with copies of your deeds once Orange County processes them (I've attached the copy they sent me this week to this post EDIT: Looks like they have a slightly newer version which I've updated in the attachments)
  • The Orange County Comptroller's office does not require any forms to be sent along with the deeds. I'd seen mention of a form in previous comments--I called them and they said "Nope, just send a check and the deeds, that's all you need". They have a different address for overnight mail if you are using that, which is: 108 E. Church St., Suite 300, Orlando, FL 32801
  • For my deed, I used the advanced search to find one that matched my resort that was a gratuitous transfer by entering a partial resort name in the Legal search box on the OC Comptroller advanced search page and then scanning the page for "Grantee (4)" to parse through all of the deed recordings (I used 4 figuring it was a good number to quickly compare to the "Grantor" info which was normally 2 to someone that was adding people).
    • I found a completed one from American Title Company (the one Disney recommends) and just redid my info in that format
  • In addition to mailing everything in, Orange County does eRecording, so you can do everything online using a third party like Deeds.com--no need to go to the post office/UPS and send anything overnight. There is an additional fee of $21 per deed to do this, but that's probably about the cost of sending an overnight letter to the Comptroller's office.
  • For Deeds.com, if you want to use it, it's pretty easy (I'm not advocating for anyone to use them, just seemed like the easiest one to use from my research and good reviews):
    • Upload a copy of your driver's license (I did both front and back in one pic and sent it in---they say they won't process anything without an ID)
    • Upload your deed(s) to the package you created--if you're doing more than one, upload one at a time, but do them within roughly the same timespan so they process them all at once
    • There's no submit button, so I'm not sure what kicks off the process with them, but there's a Message Center box where I just sent a note that said "my deeds are ready for processing". They responded pretty quickly to that.
    • They'll generate an invoice, which once you pay will complete the process on your end and they'll submit your package to Orange County
    • Everything was processed and done from their side quickly--I had my deeds back from Orange County in less than 21 hours and submitted to DVC in less than 24 hours from signing by the notary
    • Here's my timeline using them (everything from them comes with email notices at each step):
      • 8/22
        • 2:46pm: Deeds.com confirmed that I wanted 3 deeds prepared and there was no other considerations than what was stated in the deed, which I confirmed within a couple of minutes
        • 3:41pm: Deeds.com confirmed that my documents had been submitted to Orange County for processing
      • 8/23
        • 11:15am: Orange County recorded my deeds and deed images were available on the OC Comptroller website
        • 11:52am: Deeds.com notified me that the process was complete and sent me back copies of my recorded deeds.
      • 8/28: Email received from DVC that the process has been completed and I can see my kids as members now
    • $21 per deed for their fee plus the OC fees, all billed through Deeds.com to my credit card. I could not have been happier with the process in terms of how quick it was and how well they handled everything
  • DVC confirmed via email that if my wife and I were staying on the deed, that my future reservations that I'd already booked would be unaffected (when I sent my New Owner Info form and my completed deeds, I made sure to note this. (Note: as of the completion of the process, all of my reservations remained intact).
Thank you all again for everyone's info here--it's been super helpful and saved me a ton of money. Figured I'd post in the spirit of giving back.

8/28/23 Edit: Process is complete. I've updated the New Owner Information form that Disney sent out to me in the attached files so everyone can see the latest version, which is slightly different than what I submitted.
Thanks for this information. Looks like the deeds website doesn't serve Canadians so I'll probably end up mailing mine. Searching Orange County for examples gave me what appears to be some transfers done by Quit Claim Deed, and some by Special Warranty Deed. Does Disney care which one is used? I'm just adding my youngest daughter, older daughter was already on our deeds.

Thanks for this information. Looks like the deeds website doesn't serve Canadians so I'll probably end up mailing mine. Searching Orange County for examples gave me what appears to be some transfers done by Quit Claim Deed, and some by Special Warranty Deed. Does Disney care which one is used? I'm just adding my youngest daughter, older daughter was already on our deeds.
We just added DD and had LT Transfers do it for us. They used a Quit Claim Deed.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the deed types to understand the substantive differences and what Disney will/won't accept, but it was no problem using the Special Warranty Deed, which I ended up choosing specifically because that's what American Title Company seemed to be using (and they're Disney's recommended title company). Sorry Deeds.com isn't going to work with you--looks like there's not much of an option for you beyond physically sending your deeds. Hope your process is easy!

First, thanks for @Kaufeegurl for the detailed info in this thread and everyone who's contributed to it. My wife and I have been looking to add my adult kids onto our 3 contracts for a couple of years now, but figured it was going to cost be pretty expensive and somewhat complicated. I just submitted my 3 deeds to DVC this week for waaaaay less than I was thinking. A few things that I had to piece together from this thread (and my experience) that I thought might be helpful to consolidate (and please note, this is based on my experience and worked for me, not guaranteeing it will work for you):
      • 8/22
      • 8/23

Thank you, thank you, thank you, being from the U.K. the Only thing I could not do was send a check in U.S. dollars, I had managed to do the new deeds, thanks to all the info here, I was able to get a notary in the U.K. then fell at the last hurdle with the check. I was told I would be able to do it in person with cash (during our vacation). Then read this wonderful information using deeds.com

Amazingly quick turn around despite the Orange county being closed due to storm. Definitely recommend this company for sending the deeds instead of mailing from the U.K. which would have been expensive and taken a lot longer.
Sent the deeds to DVC on 31st August and was all completed 13th September, so my boys now have membership for the last week of our Disney Holiday.

The info here from everyone has saved me lots of $ and made the process straight forward despite us being from the U.K. and unfamiliar with deeds and procedures in the U.S.

Thank you to everyone again.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, being from the U.K. the Only thing I could not do was send a check in U.S. dollars, I had managed to do the new deeds, thanks to all the info here, I was able to get a notary in the U.K. then fell at the last hurdle with the check. I was told I would be able to do it in person with cash (during our vacation). Then read this wonderful information using deeds.com

Amazingly quick turn around despite the Orange county being closed due to storm. Definitely recommend this company for sending the deeds instead of mailing from the U.K. which would have been expensive and taken a lot longer.
Sent the deeds to DVC on 31st August and was all completed 13th September, so my boys now have membership for the last week of our Disney Holiday.

The info here from everyone has saved me lots of $ and made the process straight forward despite us being from the U.K. and unfamiliar with deeds and procedures in the U.S.

Deeds.com worked from the UK? I should be able to use it from Canada then. Thank you!

That's awesome! I'm glad this thread helped you as much as it did me. Very quick turnaround!

Just for everyone's situational awareness:

We did this last March (in-laws added my husband and I to 2 of their 4 contracts) and everything worked without a hitch following the directions here.

We just did this again at the beginning of September (in-laws added their grandson to 1 of their contracts), again, everything worked without a hitch following these directions.

I mailed in one more deed change (in-laws were adding their granddaughter to the other contract) one week after the last grandson's change and it got rejected!

Here were the reasons they gave:

1. There was no purchase price/consideration amount for the deed. Yes, there was the standard $10.00. When I called, they told me I had to fill out a Property Transfer Information Form to relay this. When I told her I just did one of these a few weeks ago, she stated she was not sure how it got through without the form. ⁉️

2. They told me it could not be recorded without the proper amount of documentary stamp tax. (I'm guessing they stated this because there was no purchase price in their eyes?🤷‍♀️). The check did have the extra $.70.

3. My check was over the amount due. When I called, she asked me how many pages (3) and how many names (5). She told me that the fee should have been $28.70. When I asked her about the ability to add a few more dollars to ensure you sent the proper amount (which I did last March and the beginning of September this year), she told me that the amount had to be exact, and they no longer took overages. 🤯

So everyone is aware - this is what happened to me and may not necessarily happen to you. It could be just the person that received and reviewed everything I sent and the person I got on the phone.

• 8/22
      • 8/23

Thank you to @rtkane and OP for this thread. Your instructions were so informative that I took this task on my own which saved me a few hundred bucks. After contacting DVC member services, I received an email with instructions to contact a title company and then submit recorded title with the new owner information form. However I spent the weekend researching previously recorded titles and went with a similar "Special Warranty Deed" format adding the specifics of my POLY contract. We added two names to our title for a total costs of $42.20. Here was my timeline:

9/18 am went to bank for free notary services

10:54am: uploaded to Deeds.com
11:02am: was invoiced
11:05am: paid Deeds.com invoice
11:09am: Deeds.com confirmed pkg was submitted to OCC
1:46pm: Pkg was recorded by OCC
2:21pm: Received email from Deeds that pkg was complete
2:46pm: Emailed DVC copy of recorded deed and New Owner Information sheet

9/22 1:16pm: Everyone received email from DVC that new owner information was updated with instructions.

This was record speed and quicker than anticipated. To note: we did not have any open reservations as we had just some back from the Riviera the week prior.
So many thanks to all that have contributed to this post.

Thank you to @rtkane and OP for this thread. Your instructions were so informative that I took this task on my own which saved me a few hundred bucks. After contacting DVC member services, I received an email with instructions to contact a title company and then submit recorded title with the new owner information form. However I spent the weekend researching previously recorded titles and went with a similar "Special Warranty Deed" format adding the specifics of my POLY contract. We added two names to our title for a total costs of $42.20. Here was my timeline:

9/18 am went to bank for free notary services

10:54am: uploaded to Deeds.com
11:02am: was invoiced
11:05am: paid Deeds.com invoice
11:09am: Deeds.com confirmed pkg was submitted to OCC
1:46pm: Pkg was recorded by OCC
2:21pm: Received email from Deeds that pkg was complete
2:46pm: Emailed DVC copy of recorded deed and New Owner Information sheet

9/22 1:16pm: Everyone received email from DVC that new owner information was updated with instructions.

This was record speed and quicker than anticipated. To note: we did not have any open reservations as we had just some back from the Riviera the week prior.
So many thanks to all that have contributed to this post.
And mine is done too! Used copies of special warranty deeds on the comptroller site to write up my own deeds to add our younger daughter to our contracts. Used an online notary (notarize.ca) to get them notarized after twice trying a drop in notary in our town who was never "in". This was super easy and was done at 830pm on Sept 26 while in our pajamas. Created an account on deeds.com and submitted our deeds that night. By noon on Sept 27 they'd been entered on the Orange County site. Emailed them to Disney the evening of the 27th. Got the email today (Oct 6) from Disney that my daughter has been added. We had four reservations upcoming and they are all fine as well. So glad to have found this thread. Costs to me were $65 Canadian for the online notary, and $103 to deeds.com. So worth it to get my daughter included.

Deeds.com worked from the UK? I should be able to use it from Canada then. Thank you!
I live in Canada and I'd like to add my 2 adult kids to my contracts so they don't have to go through probate in Florida if I don't outlive my contracts. This is all a bit complicated for me. I have 5 contracts though so, doing them individually through an attorney would be very costly.

ETA: I'm having a bit of trouble finding the special warranty deeds on the OCC website. Did you have to open an account?
I found online a Florida Special Warranty Deed-individual grantors. I think this might be the form. However, it seems to need to be notarized in Florida. What am I missing here?

Last edited:
Okay, I'm getting stuck here. Every site that I try to get information from including the OCC website asks for a zip code to verify the credit card address. We don't have zip codes. How do I get around that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter