Still getting wet on Pirates? Making my fp+ tmrw & wondering

sharadoc

Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.
My DS doesn’t like getting wet, so I want to skip Pirates if peoplevare still getting wet on the first drop. Thanks! :flower:

Even if nothing changes with the boats after the refurb, you can ask to be seated in a row further back in the boat. As long as he isn't seated on the outside, he should be fine.

Even if nothing changes with the boats after the refurb, you can ask to be seated in a row further back in the boat. As long as he isn't seated on the outside, he should be fine.

Thanks minnie mum. That's good enough for me!

Since you asked about the 'first' drop, I have to wonder if you are talking about Disneyland? There are 2 drops in DL, and one in DW.

Haven't heard anything to suggest the reopening will be delayed. Secretly hoping for a soft opening on 25th so I can check it out. If not that's where I'll be heading at rope drop on Saturday!

I would definitely not count on staying dry, even on the inside. When I last rode Pirates (two days before the refurb), i was in the middle and ended up fairly damp. It's not a ride where you get soaked, but it's all about how the boat is weighted from what I understand. Hopefully it's a problem that they fixed with this refurb!

The hours for the attraction on the main site shows "No times available" for the 25th but 9:00 am to 10:00 pm with EMH for the 26th. Heres hoping..... :-)

I was on the newly opened POTC on Saturday and didn't get wet at all. Well, there may have been a couple of mist droplets but nothing to make clothes wet. And we were sitting in the very front next to the CM.

That said <Spoiler Alert?>

There were many places where it looks like you will get drenched, and are told you may get wet, but then the boat turns or the critter stops spraying, etc. It was a pretty amusing ride for my young kids. But our CM was super cheesy which got a bit annoying after a while.

Hope this helps!

I was on the newly opened POTC on Saturday and didn't get wet at all. Well, there may have been a couple of mist droplets but nothing to make clothes wet. And we were sitting in the very front next to the CM.

That said <Spoiler Alert?>

There were many places where it looks like you will get drenched, and are told you may get wet, but then the boat turns or the critter stops spraying, etc. It was a pretty amusing ride for my young kids. But our CM was super cheesy which got a bit annoying after a while.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, but it sounds like you might be thinking of jungle cruise. I rode POTC Saturday and didn't get wet at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter