Stories that I have about the Boathouse restaurant in Disney Springs

Awwww, loved the Pat Sajak story! Having been on Wheel of Fortune, I can honestly say Pat is a really nice guy :) Can't wait to try the Boathouse in a few weeks---eeeeeek!
How cool is that. Did you win or were you in the audience, either way it must have been fun.

Somebody should just take out a small wheel, spin it, and say "sorry, Pat, wheel gotcha again. 45 minute wait"

Awwww, loved the Pat Sajak story! Having been on Wheel of Fortune, I can honestly say Pat is a really nice guy :) Can't wait to try the Boathouse in a few weeks---
Same here we go to the BoatHouse every trip, never had a bad meal there and the service has always been great !!!
yep, wish they would open one up in my home town, but never go down in quality or service.

If you're in Chicago you can visit Gibson's steak house or Quartino Italian. Same group that runs the Boathouse, just went with a different concept for Disney Springs.
And a number of other restaurant operations as well. See https://www.grgmc.com/restaurants.
We have a local Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House that does excellent steaks as well as the seafood options that would be expected from the name. As a consequence, we’ve not frequented the Boathouse when visiting WDW. We went once during the year when it first opened to confirm it was similar to what we can do at home just about any day we wish without the challenge of getting a reservation (although we’ve found that Open Table helps for the Disney Springs restaurants in general).

And a number of other restaurant operations as well. See https://www.grgmc.com/restaurants.
We have a local Hugo’s Frog Bar & Fish House that does excellent steaks as well as the seafood options that would be expected from the name. As a consequence, we’ve not frequented the Boathouse when visiting WDW. We went once during the year when it first opened to confirm it was similar to what we can do at home just about any day we wish without the challenge of getting a reservation (although we’ve found that Open Table helps for the Disney Springs restaurants in general).
I’m in Las Vegas and we do not have any really good seafood restaurants.

I’m in Las Vegas and all seafood has to be shipped in, well for that matter all foods pretty much. So its usually not fresh. Restaurants on the strip which is 10 minutes away are way to pricey for locals to go all the time, anyway most locals do not go out to the strip, its to busy with tourists. While we do have some very good local restaurants most do not specialize in seafood. A few new crab boil restaurants opened here but they are super pricey, we went with a party of 5 and the bill was over $700 with food and drinks and they were no better than a glorified Red Lobster, which I don’t ever go to. So when I get to Disneys Vero Beach resort, Disneys Hilton Head Island resort and WDW I can’t wait to have the fresh seafood. And when I go to the Beach House I’m like a kid in a candy store.

This has been a top pick for us but I was unimpressed on our most recent trip last week.

The calamari was soggy (it was last year too, if I'm being honest) - this leads be to believe it's not made to order but prepared in huge batches and kept under heat lamps. The calamari at paddlefish was crispy, hot and fresh.

My filet was charred to a crisp on the outside, despite being the right doneness (medium) on the inside. But I had to basically cut away the outer part of the steak to make it edible. I enjoy a nice seared crust on my steaks, but this was several steps beyond that.

It was also freezing cold in the place, during and after a rainstorm so people were also coming in wet. Rather than adjust the controls they were giving people tablecloths to wear like shawls. It was honestly a bit ridiculous. By far the most uncomfortably cold place we dined at on that trip.

I’ve only been once and never got edible food. Quite the bummer.

I'm going next Thursday for my birthday meal. I was already excited, but after reading thread, even more so.

I’ve only been once and never got edible food. Quite the bummer.
Well that's a bummer, I'm sorry that happened to you. As you can see the restaurant has a pretty good reputation.

I have a nice story about the Boathouse. I had made a Monday and Thursday reservation for the same week, 2 weeks ago. I was visiting WDW and meeting with some other chefs to do seasonal menu planning. I always order the lobster roll and a Shipwreck drink. It's a fabulous meal. I was speaking with a manager on the Monday evening and saying that I wished I could have a plain steamed lobster New England style. Apparently they do offer this at time but not when I was there.

The manager said that the Boathouse could accommodate "anything" that I might want and would special order the lobster for my Thursday night reservation.

I knew ahead of time that the price for a steamed lobster dinner would be $48. So the night arrived and I was served exactly what I had asked for- 2 steamed lobsters with drawn butter, no sides, no bib and a Shipwreck. Wonderful meal!

Only downside is that it was a rainy evening and the dining room was freezing which meant your food quickly cooled.

I thought that it spoke very highly of the management that they would go out of their way to make a patron happy. It isn't hard to do with notice; you just add on to your fish order. On the other hand, it is not convenient for a kitchen to be steaming live lobsters when they have a busy kitchen and the item was not on the scheduled menu for the evening. I was very appreciative.

Thank you for sharing that with us. $48 is very reasonable too. Can’t wait until the next time we go to WDW The Boathouse is the first reservation we make. Thanks again

Just got back a few weeks ago, we stayed at OKW one bedroom, really nice. One of our night dinners were again at the Boat House. Excellent food and service again. Well at least to us they are consistent. Love that place.

We used to have our anniversary dinner at 'Ohana nearly every year. The quality has really tanked so it's out for us now. We also took friends to Trail's End buffet when they came to visit. TE is no more, and they're changing to quick service so no reason to ever return there either.
We've never been to the boathouse before so it might be worth a try.
I know everyone on this thread says they like it. Be honest, is it worth a 30 minute drive in horrible I-4 traffic to eat there? There are lots of seafood restaurants in the Tampa area, Tarpon Springs, etc that are good. Is the Boathouse really that fantastic? I mean worth it, not just people stuck on property good?
Lastly, is this the old Fultons steamboat?
Thanks!

Boathouse is a "must do" every trip! We love it! Even my seafood hating DH loves this place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter