Stormalong Bay

What if you are staying at Beach Club but do not have magicbands? My family is doing a resort only stay there in a few nights and will not have magicbands since we are not visiting any parks.

The front desk will give you a key card. It will work to open your room door and also can be scanned by SAB CMs to show your proof of being a guest. Same process as a MagicBand, it’s just a card.

Thanks. I planned on using the MDE app to open my room door but hadn't considered pool access until now.

What if you are staying at Beach Club but do not have magicbands? My family is doing a resort only stay there in a few nights and will not have magicbands since we are not visiting any parks.
The resort will give you a keycard that will unlock your resort room. You would be able to use that for SAB. :)

As a person who is fortunate enough to drive to Disney a few times a year, we bascially do moderate or value for economic reasons. It is a very special treat when we can get to our beloved YC or BC. And when we do, usually in the off season, it is still very difficult to get chairs. Please, please don't ever consider "bringing friends in for the day". It really is a slap to those who pay the high resort rate who then are at a disadvantage with availability and crowds at the pool.

they usually scan magic bands to make sure you are a guest at YC/BC, then give you a wrist band. They have never allowed “pool hopping” or people not staying at the resort to use the pool
Pool hopping is allowed for DVC members staying on property,

Pool hopping is allowed for DVC members staying on property,
I was there a month ago from June 21-30 staying at my home resort of OKW. I went to Stormalong Bay twice during my visit. I used my magic band to scan in with gate attendant and was given a wristband.
According to guest relations in an email: "Disney Vacation Club (DVC) owners are allowed to pool hop, but only at other DVC resorts and only outside of scheduled blackout periods."

I was there a month ago from June 21-30 staying at my home resort of OKW. I went to Stormalong Bay twice during my visit. I used my magic band to scan in with gate attendant and was given a wristband.
According to guest relations in an email: "Disney Vacation Club (DVC) owners are allowed to pool hop, but only at other DVC resorts and only outside of scheduled blackout periods."
Very surprised (and skeptical). But this is the internet and people can say anything.

i've always seen consistent security at SAB during a couple different visits. manned gates with attendants checking MBs/wristbands every time. compared to other pools, where most gates were unlocked except for MB/keycard gates at poly and BRV, and never any human oversight.

Count yourself lucky! It's definitely not allowed. And this is pre-covid. From the WDW DVC website. See below.

• Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
    • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
    • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
    • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
    • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
    • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
    • Disney's Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
    • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
    • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay
  • Other restricted dates may be added based on projected pool capacity or maintenance needs.

Very surprised (and skeptical). But this is the internet and people can say anything.
My Lord, why would I lie, never mind respond to such such an innocuous thread. What would possibly be my motivation? Thought I was helping sorry folks.
Perhaps I was lucky...agreed. Photos with the metadata included for dates.

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpeg
    IMG_0163.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0167.jpeg
    IMG_0167.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Our most recent BC stay a year ago:
After they scanned our MB, we were given a wristband to also wear. Every time we re-entered the pool area they scanned our MBs again.

Very surprised (and skeptical). But this is the internet and people can say anything
For my kids... here again is an unfortunate yet timeless lesson from the internet---> Hubris and arrogance, is just one step ahead of the loss of integrity, because if you think you're better than other people, you know more, then you're going to think, as many have have, that the rules don't apply to them - and unfortunately you can't regain that trust in the eyes of the people that watched you lose it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter