"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Excited we were able to get a 2 BR for 7/29/19-8/2/19. This is a big celebration trip for us as our older twin dd's are graduating college in May and our youngest is turning 16 on 7/29! We're doing the 1st few nights at BWV then coming over to BCV. We can't wait!! I did book a dedicated 2BR. Is there any specific villa # I should request? I would like an upper floor, with a non road view. Our Christmas trip we were at Boulder Ridge and our room overlooked the dumpster and laundry, so we're hoping for a bit better this trip. I'm happy just to be there, but a different view would be great:)

I've stayed at BCV 3 times. Each time I've requested "upper floor, quiet pool view" and gotten it. Follow ScubaCat's advice about not requesting a specific room.

We will be there from 5/30-6/8 celebrating my DD17's HS graduation and we are so excited to be heading back there. We booked a dedicated 2 bedroom and we put a request in for a upper floor with pool view. BCV is our favorite resort and it has been awhile since we have stayed there...it will be so good to be back :love:

We will be there from 5/30-6/8 celebrating my DD17's HS graduation and we are so excited to be heading back there. We booked a dedicated 2 bedroom and we put a request in for a upper floor with pool view. BCV is our favorite resort and it has been awhile since we have stayed there...it will be so good to be back :love:

Have a great trip!

Thanks for all the information in this thread. Beginning the plans for our second stay here and can't wait.

Nothing new to add but thought I might share.

We booked a 10 day S/S originally between AKV/Jambo & BRV back in Jan.. I did wait-list the 2nd 5 days for BCV.
Throughout the next several weeks, I've been stalking the DVC site looking for anything else available to only find nothing other than SSR & OKW..Both of which we've stayed..I really wanted either BLT or BCV, or possibly standard at BWV... Fast Forwad ahead to early March where I just happened to get that lil pamphlet/booklet in the mail saying can't wait to see you in July...*It was BCV...My daughter starts flipping out, but I said it must be wrong because it only says 1 night...I didn't check that night on the website, but the following day I happened to check the MDE app only to find that indeed it was truepixiedust:. All 5 nights were granted....Talk about being sooooo pumped...I still am....it only cost me 5 extra points which I didn't care about, but I curious to why I didn't receive an email? Either way No big deal.. So I've been looking at a few You Tube vids. to get a lay of the land...Any thing I need to prepare myself for? I do have YS booked for the kids Special B-Day dinner? Any other things I'm missing? T.I.A. DizDad

P.S. Moral to this story is....Don't give up, Don't ever give up...When all hope was pretty much gone after seeing 0 available days during my visit, BooM, it appeared outta nowhere...:thanks:

Hello! First time renting DVC points and staying at a BCV in a studio, I was at Swan and Dolphin last May and I really love that area.

I see people requesting certain types of rooms, how do I do this, do I need the owner to do it on my behalf? Also, any recommendations for the type of room I should ask for? I love the pictures of the views I saw of Epcot's golf ball, is there something I should ask for to get a room like that? Also, is there anything I should ask for that would make it a closer walk to Epcot / Hollywood Studios? Thanks so much!

Hello! First time renting DVC points and staying at a BCV in a studio, I was at Swan and Dolphin last May and I really love that area.

I see people requesting certain types of rooms, how do I do this, do I need the owner to do it on my behalf? Also, any recommendations for the type of room I should ask for? I love the pictures of the views I saw of Epcot's golf ball, is there something I should ask for to get a room like that? Also, is there anything I should ask for that would make it a closer walk to Epcot / Hollywood Studios? Thanks so much!

There aren't any particular views to request other than overlooking the quiet pool, and the resort isn't big enough for location to make a walking difference beyond a few steps down a hallway. I generally ask for a higher floor and no road view. That's as good as it gets at BCV!

. I've requested an higher floor, Epcot view before and have gotten it everytime. :) Technically I don't think it's a actual "view" but they've always accommodated us so it worked. Good luck!!! FYI - whoever you're renting points from should put your room request in the reservation. Can't guarantee you'll get it, but always worth a shot!

Epcot view before and have gotten it everytime. :) Technically I don't think it's a actual "view" but they've always accommodated us so it worked.

Often you can hear the band in England if you're in the front half of the building ("front" meaning towards crescent lake).

Thank you both! I'll ask the owner if they can put the room request in the reservation. Is there anything in particular I should tell him in terms of where to put the request? He did not seem familiar with this and thought I should do it via online check-in.

Thank you both! I'll ask the owner if they can put the room request in the reservation. Is there anything in particular I should tell him in terms of where to put the request? He did not seem familiar with this and thought I should do it via online check-in.

The owner has to call in to make the request.

I would have the owner call Disney Vacation Club member services and add your room request to the reservation asap. I have no idea how they process room requests, if there's a pecking order, etc., but my guess is the earlier you put it in the request the better. sending you pixie dust! Good luck!!!

Calling is a bit more effort than necessary. The owner can simply send a short email via the link on dvcmember.com with the confirmation # and your requests and that will work just as well.

Any hope in getting 3 night 2 bedroom (dedicated) for oct 21-24 at the 7 mo th mark through waitlist - at BCV

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter