• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stormtroopers Stole My Christmas--*UPDATED 07/02/17!*--Pg. 10

I'm back!
So, when I left off we were on Living with the Land...

32091193635_d0b014415d_z.jpg

I sent my DBF a picture of the fish farm area, and he thought it was really neat to see. (I'm trying to convince him to go to WDW... which I'll succeed at no problem. lol) :p

32091189095_e59bc66bb9_z.jpg

31280661733_4dda7bd70d_z.jpg

Once the ride was over we still had about 20 minutes or so until our next fast passes, so we made a pit stop to buy a bottled water and some coffee.

31942712142_1fbc4b665a_z.jpg

Finally it was time to ride Soarin'! We hadn't been on it since it changed, so everyone was pretty excited.

31715839460_e4493c8271_z.jpg

I have to say that it was AMAZING!! So much better than the previous one in my opinion, although I miss the orange grove smell. I always love when everyone starts applauding when the ride is over!

We left the Land and were planning on going to the World Showcase, but decided to make a stop at Figment.

31973000501_6857bbe64c_z.jpg

31942708072_71328da242_z.jpg

When I went to sit down in my ride vehicle I noticed there was water or something in the seat. Well, I noticed after I sat in it. :sad2:
The ride was about to start, but luckily the CM let me change seats real fast. I mean what was the point, my behind was already wet at that point. lol. Oh well.

31942706892_19df02c7de_z.jpg

Once Figment was over, we walked over to the World Showcase.

We first stopped in the UK pavilion so that I could take a look inside the Twinnings Store.
Aren't these tea pots super cute?!

31942706292_99bbfb098d_z.jpg

I of course snapped a selfie. :p

31280657023_2f744ce219_z.jpg

I went and checked us in at Chefs de France for our ADR, while mom and dad took a look around the France pavilion.

31280654783_6c8de37b4b_z.jpg

31972992691_d8845c83c9_z.jpg

31715824650_69ec685bd8_z.jpg

After a short wait we were seated next to the bar area and handed our menus.

31280644423_1d3114af1f_z.jpg

This is the point where the TR turns slightly negative, and I become one of those whiny people who complain. Sorry, if my ranting bothers you just skip over this post and move on to the next set of pictures!

Our waiter came by and took our drink orders, asked if we were on the Dining Plan, scanned our bands, and explained the menu to us. It was all pretty standard.

Then he vanished for a while, and I began to look around the restaurant.

31280640723_48087ba0a0_z.jpg

31249821694_05e12eb374_z.jpg

This liquor storage area was obviously the hang out area because a waiter then proceeded to stand there for the majority of our dinner watching me eat, and do nothing. I like attention, but geez he made me uncomfortable.

l0MYyMAhejFDk1a7e.gif

There was a serious lack of concern to do much for most of the waiters, except for one older man who worked circles around all of the younger CM's. I wish he would have been our waiter because he was awesome!

Mom and I ordered a cup of French Onion soup, which was delicious.

31280636253_46723facdb_z.jpg

The French waiter was still standing there doing nothing, but staring... I took the opportunity to stare back at him.

7M7tYqjjZZO3S.gif

Just kidding, but for real there is no way to eat French Onion soup elegantly. So much cheese.
At this point they sat another family next to us, okay well basically with us. The tables were sooooo close together we may as well have eaten with them! The waiter came and cleared off our soup dishes, and proceeded to greet his new table. He asked if they had any allergies, to which the poor girl responded with "I have seven food allergies." o_O

This poor girl was allergic to 7 different types of food?! Whattttt! That is crazy, I feel so bad for this girl! The chef came out and asked her what types of foods she was allergic to and she began to list them, one of which included smoked meats.

Yes, smoked meat. Her BF chimed in with... "she can't even smell smoked meats." I couldn't even at that point. What about the turkey legs?! They are everywhere! You smell them! It's WDW, smoked meats are there! Poor chick.

I had NEVER heard of that, but I've since googled it and it is a real allergy. Now that I know of this allergy, I am soooo sorry for this girl! By the way, I do not mean to offend anyone or hurt anyone's feelings, I am just simply shocked that this is an allergy! I learn new things everyday!

When I was a child, I was severely allergic to milk and I know how hard it was for my mom to find things I could eat at restaurants so I feel for her!

After a long wait, our food came out.

I ordered the Boeuf Bourguignon with polenta.

31249817454_483fe2662c_z.jpg

Dad got the Filet de boeuf grille (grilled beef tenderloin with green peppercorn sauce, potato gratin and green beans)

31280631163_3bbc9ecc30_z.jpg

Mom got the chicken (Lyon style roasted chicken served with tomatoes and vinegar sauce, mashed potatoes)

32052112016_155c1c19b3_z.jpg

I started to eat my dinner, and it was ice cold and the polenta had a weird film on it. I started to eat it and mentioned my complaints to my mom and dad.

I wasn't going to say anything, but the woman at the table next to us spoke up and urged me to complain. I mean she was right, I had waited so long for cold food!

I said something, and the new plate of food was out pretty quickly. It looked sooooo much better, and was actually hot.

31972978681_b8c7e0f239_z.jpg

Scroll up and look at the difference... you can tell the first plate must have sat there for a while.

Anyways, it was time for dessert. Dad ordered the Swan cream puff filled with chocolate mousse, chocolate sauce, and chocolate ice cream.

31249808944_25f4970a7d_z.jpg

Mom and I inquired about a no sugar added dessert and were told they did not have one. The waiter brought us out a bowl of mixed berries, which was nice but disappointing compared to subsequent desserts!

31972973911_65feb012d4_z.jpg

Overall, Chefs de France was one of my favorite restaurants last trip... but now I can totally skip it next time. It was good, but nothing spectacular. I think it was my least favorite meal of the entire trip.

After dinner, we went to use our last Fast pass for Spaceship Earth.

32052103276_0d13ebdc78_z.jpg

32052101886_011396756f_z.jpg

32052099766_51b238e456_z.jpg

Then it was time to make our future... I picked all work related answers. Which is far from the truth, but it entertained mom. Between my dad choosing a random language to listen to, and my fun future choices, she's never bored on Spaceship Earth.

32052097896_f34b137435_z.jpg

We headed back to CBR, and were back in the room by 10 pm. Everyone was exhausted, so we took showers and went to bed.

Up next: Magic Kingdom and the dinner which made this trip possible!

Joining in! I wonder if that sort of persuasion would work on my parents?? :rotfl: I've always wanted to go to WDW when it's decorated for Christmas. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! :)

Just kidding, but for real there is no way to eat French Onion soup elegantly. So much cheese.

There isn't!

Anyways, it was time for dessert. Dad ordered the Swan cream puff filled with chocolate mousse, chocolate sauce, and chocolate ice cream.

That looks so cute.

Overall, Chefs de France was one of my favorite restaurants last trip... but now I can totally skip it next time. It was good, but nothing spectacular. I think it was my least favorite meal of the entire trip.

That doesn't sound like a good time there especially for the price of the food. I was thinking of doing it for our May trip, and I'm glad I didn't book it now. I've heard other not so positive reviews about it.

Joining! Love how you made this trip possible :goodvibes Those door magnets are adorable and your Christmas decorations look so cute!
Isn't new Soarin' great? I wasn't a fan of the old movie but gave the new one a try when we were there over Thanksgiving and now I think it's my favorite ride in Epcot.
Look forward to reading more!

Joining-in! Sounds like you guys had an action-packed first day :-) Our family LOVES CBR, especially during Christmas time. We really enjoy the calypso Christmas music they play in OPR too :cool1:

That doesn't sound like a good time there especially for the price of the food. I was thinking of doing it for our May trip, and I'm glad I didn't book it now. I've heard other not so positive reviews about it.

Nooooo, don't do it! It was such a disappointment!

Joining! Love how you made this trip possible :goodvibes Those door magnets are adorable and your Christmas decorations look so cute!
Isn't new Soarin' great? I wasn't a fan of the old movie but gave the new one a try when we were there over Thanksgiving and now I think it's my favorite ride in Epcot.
Look forward to reading more!

Thank you so much, I have been reading your most current TR and it's fantastic!
I love the new one sooooo much more! It is by far better quality too.

Joining-in! Sounds like you guys had an action-packed first day :-) Our family LOVES CBR, especially during Christmas time. We really enjoy the calypso Christmas music they play in OPR too :cool1:

Yessss, I love the calypso Christmas music! It's an awesome resort, that really makes you feel like you're on a beach vacation or something! Thank you for reading!

I'm all caught up! Sounds like a great trip so far!

You checked into CBR the day that we checked out! I already miss it so much!!!

Joining in! I wonder if that sort of persuasion would work on my parents?? :rotfl: I've always wanted to go to WDW when it's decorated for Christmas. I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! :)

Yay! Thanks for reading! It's worth a shot to try it on your parents!! WDW is sooooo pretty at Christmas!!!

I'm all caught up! Sounds like a great trip so far!

You checked into CBR the day that we checked out! I already miss it so much!!!

Thank you for reading! Omg that's cool! I miss it a lot too!! I see you have a TR, I'm going to check it out!

Hey ya'll, I am back!! Real life update I started my second semester of law school, and pulled an all nighter last night to get ahead on my cases. So, I'm operating on three hours of sleep... therefore if there is anything that doesn't make sense, don't fault me for it! lol.

I woke up fairly early the next day because I was excited to get to the Magic Kingdom! We all took our time getting ready, and made our way to the bus stop. The bus of course took forever in my mind due to my excitement.

However, it wasn't too long until I saw this beauty!!!!

31880611920_27f17ec890_z.jpg

31415269274_aabe9788a8_z.jpg

By the time we made it up closer to the castle the show was happening, so we stopped and watched.

31880609720_ed73044594_z.jpg

After the show I was starving, as I hadn't really eaten much of my Chefs de France dinner the night before... so we discussed our options. Of course everyone voted for our old favorite, but was it open yet? We began to walk through Liberty Square to find our favorite quick service in all of WDW...

31415263794_4d3b5e1090_z.jpg

They were open, which was shocking as it was only 10:20 am, but fine with us! Mom and Dad went up to the counter and placed our lunch order, while I went upstairs to grab a table.
Because there were so many options, I needed the extra alone time to decide... :p

31415261834_a8149e5ff2_z.jpg

32107396352_896b25535c_z.jpg

decisions, decisions... by the time I chose where to sit mom and dad were there with the food! It was so quick! I guess since it was still technically breakfast time, and they were not busy at all (yet).

Dad ordered the fried shrimp...

32137357631_68e3fa71dc_z.jpg

I ordered the chicken and fish plate

32107393772_a6999bf180_z.jpg

Mom got the tuna sandwich with chips

32256629235_1fde260e6c_z.jpg

I really enjoyed my food from Columbia Harbor House, but I have to say I miss the old Ken's honey mustard and ketchup from the machine. The new ketchup brand Disney is using is not doing it for me, as it is the same kind we had in my high school 10 years ago. It reminds me of high school, so gross. lol. That's just my rant... nothing major.

Up next: Magic Kingdom, and the best thing I have ever eaten!

Sorry for not updating more tonight, I'm exhausted!!! I'm struggling to keep my eyes open, soooo that means it's time to give it up. Sorry y'all, I'll be back after I get some sleep! Thanks to everyone for reading thus far!!

We love CCH and I usually get the tuna sandwich. In Nov. I was in the mood for chicken nuggets and now your picture has me missing their tuna :( Definitely our favorite QS in MK!

I woke up fairly early the next day because I was excited to get to the Magic Kingdom! We all took our time getting ready, and made our way to the bus stop. The bus of course took forever in my mind due to my excitement.

The bus ride from CBR to MK is really long! Especially compared to Epcot. We had to stand on one of our bus rides back to CBR one night and my legs were so tired I thought I was going to pass out, lol.

Awesome update, can't wait to hear more about MK!

I've always wanted to do a Christmas trip! Can't wait to follow along and see what you do for Christmas Day!

Enjoying your trip report. I would love to see Disney at Christmas time again. We have been many times, but only at Christmas once in 2003. Looking forward to reading more about your trip. Could only imagine how grueling law school is. :flower1:

We love CCH and I usually get the tuna sandwich. In Nov. I was in the mood for chicken nuggets and now your picture has me missing their tuna :( Definitely our favorite QS in MK!

Omg I know, I'm craving their tuna sandwich now too! I love Columbia!

The bus ride from CBR to MK is really long! Especially compared to Epcot. We had to stand on one of our bus rides back to CBR one night and my legs were so tired I thought I was going to pass out, lol.

Awesome update, can't wait to hear more about MK!

OMG I agree! We had to stand pretty much every bus ride, and it was rough at night after walking in the parks all day!

I've always wanted to do a Christmas trip! Can't wait to follow along and see what you do for Christmas Day!

You should most definitely visit Disney for Christmas!! Thanks for reading!!

Enjoying your trip report. I would love to see Disney at Christmas time again. We have been many times, but only at Christmas once in 2003. Looking forward to reading more about your trip. Could only imagine how grueling law school is. :flower1:

Thank you for reading! It's rough, but I'm making it! :coffee: I just look like a zombie 90% of the time, and drink a lot of caffeine. lol! :rotfl:

Well, I went to sleep at like 8 pm last night, and slept in until 6 am! It was great! I was exhausted.

Back to Disney...
When I left off we were just finishing up our lunch at Columbia Harbor House.

After we cleaned up our lunch plates, I checked on the App to see that Pirates of the Caribbean had a short wait so we decided to head there. Along the way I took a few pictures.

32137351561_db0e6a9f6a_z.jpg

32137348981_c087b5831f_z.jpg

Once we made it to Pirates the wait was WAYYY longer than the app had said, but we decided to wait anyhow. I noticed a lot of people using their phones to play Disney trivia, so it was fun to people watch while waiting... made it go by so much faster.
Finally after maybe 25 minutes, we were on!

32107386932_fdf6f9df81_z.jpg

After Pirates, we walked across the park to Tomorrowland to find something to do. We ended up choosing the TTA.

32137346511_4913fce980_z.jpg

31446501733_49bed4b5b4_z.jpg

As we made our way up half of the ramp, it abruptly stopped and we ended up climbing the rest of the way. The ride went down for a few minutes, and then the CM got a phone call and started it again. It was odd, but we were on!

It was getting close to time for our first fast pass of the day, so we began walking towards Fantasyland. The park wasn't crazy Christmas busy yet, so it didn't take long to get places.

Once in Fantasyland we went and saw Philarmagic, which I think is super cute!

32256621705_88a487c5a9_z.jpg

Finally it was time for us to use our FastPass for Seven Dwarf Mine Train!! I was so excited, as I had seen all of you awesome people ride this ride and write about it in your TRs... waiting patiently for my turn!
When 7DMT opened, we were not able to ride it due to insane wait times... and I had never been able to secure a Fastpass for it.

32256620095_f99e8ec2bc_z.jpg

The wait time was posted at 120 minutes, and I can definitely say the ride is AWESOME but I wouldn't wait that long for it!

32256617665_05cf71b699_z.jpg

31880587930_1e9ffc1a78_z.jpg

It was pretty hot, and I wanted a bottle of water so dad and I went to get in line at Sleepy Hollow. Once up to the register I ordered a bottle of water to pay for, and an iced coffee for dad as a snack credit. The CM did the exact opposite and I mentioned it to Dad. At first it wasn't a big deal at all, but it was the premise of the matter. Why would I want to pay $2 more for something over using a snack credit?! So, we asked to speak to the manager... and it took a longgggg time. His answer was to give dad another iced coffee.

VGQ1FHrvq24Ny.gif

32218325616_5d573aefc8_z.jpg

At this point we were ready to sit down for a little bit... so we went over to Hall of Presidents and waited for the next showing, in the air conditioning, sitting down. It was fantastic!

32256607765_8cd592dd74_z.jpg

31446484263_35496135b3_z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter