String's Atkin's Journal (Please Comment)

hi strings.........sounds like all in all your week was pretty darn good.....congrats! when are you stepping on the scale again? make sure you plan for your meals at work........hope you have a quiet weekend.

deb

Deb, I think I'm all set for work this weekend. I've already have some atkins bars in my locker. I made a tuna salad that I'll take. I'll also take some string cheese. I hope to drown in water tonight. I figure that if I have to go to the bathroom, I can't fall asleep.;) I am also hoping to get a break, so I can walk the atriun for 20 minutes or so.
Have a good weekend.
Beth

By the way, I'll weigh myself Sunday when I wake up. I'll let you know how it goes.

:wave2: strings - thanks for posting to my journal. It's so nice to have feedback from fellow WISHers! Can't wait for you to report what the scale says on Sunday. Have a great cheat free weekend and keep us up on your progress.

Well, I said I wanted to keep my 25# clippie, and I did. I gained 1/4 pound this week. I'm taking the cream puff, this weekend, and TOM into account. I'm happy with this weigh in.

This weekendwas rough. I worked a double shift on Friday. We had a potluck for our unit secretary. She retired after 33 years. Personally, I think she deserves a medal, not a pot luck. I did pretty well. No one told me about the potluck, so I didn't come prrepared. I did have quite a few cashews, probably 1/2-3/4 cup. Hey, few is a relative term. It definately put me over my carb count, but they were a better choice than any of the other things there. By midnight the unit was crazy! I ran my butt off. We had 4 admissions and 3 codes in a 3 hour period. 2 out of three made it, by the way, (I actually do work at a very good hospital, despite how this sounds) This time of year is just horrible at work. Needless to I didn't get my night break, my exercise, or anything to eat or drink for about 5 hours. Oh well, those cashews that I ate a 7pm meant I wasn't starving, just hungry. I ate my salad and cheese at 6am. When I got home, I said hello to my DD then tumbled into bed. After 3 hours of sleep, (nowhere near enough) DH wakes me up. DD was with evil MIL for the morning. She fed her cookies made with butter. DD has a milk allergy. She was having an asthma attack and covered with hives. Now, I love my DH, but he is NOT good in an emergency. An epipen, benedryl, breathing treatment later, we were all sitting in the ER. I'm still in my pjs. Thank god they were my good ones. I did get some odd looks. Here I am with snowman pjs, in the er at 2pm. Oh well. DD is fine and home. I just have to give her breating treatments every 4 hours for the next 3 days. No sleep for me. Obviously, I didn't go to work yesterday.

Usually, I would have eaten my way through this type of stressor. Not this time! In fact, I didn't eat enough. I had lots of water, some cheese, a salad, and a cheeseburger (hold the bun) yesterday. I'm making progress.

The real test will be today. Sundays are bad for me. I told DD we could make Christmas cookies today. I made the dough last might. We'll make them after lunch, so I'm already full. I will be strong!

If you read this post, Thank you for letting me rant. I'll check in on the other journals later tonight.
Beth

Wow, I did a post without smilies.

Phew, I did it. I baked sugar cookies and kahlua cookies today. No eating cookies, no licking beaters, no testing frosting. Th truth is, I wasn't even tempted. What a relief.

I'm so sorry your DD had a bad attack! How you weather all that with so little sleep is a miracle!

I have asthma also - an attack feels like I'm drowning without even being in water. Evil MIL should have to endure the ER for her wicked deed!

Good for you resisting the sweets. I don't think I could have done the same. Bravo!

-Laurie

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm glad she's alright. Both my younger brother and sister have asthma. It can be really scary when you have to rush them to the ER like that.

How you held up under all that pressure between work and your family is so inspiring! I can do just fine with this program when things in life are sailing along with sunny skies. But when the rough seas hit, you can be tempted to fall back on those old comforting habits. I am so glad you were able to resist. And to bake cookies too. Wow! You have some strong determination. Thanks for being an inspirtation to the rest of us!

WOW! Beth, how you can handle so much with so little sleep just amazes me, and you STILL stayed on plan with your eating!!

I hope your daughter is feeling all better by now - how frightening for all of you!!

Keep up the healthy eating habits!! :sunny:

beth ......wow what a weekend.......glad all is well now......good for you that you didnt have any cookie making probs.......i have really done well with this too, this year........woohoo for us!!!!!!

woohoo for essentially maintaining this past week too.......happy for you!

deb

Beth, sorry to hear about your daughter; I hope she's doing ok now. I have a son with asthma. He's 14 and rarely ever gets an attack any more but I know how difficult and scary it can be to deal with.

I saw you recipe for quiche and it sounds yummy. I'll have to try that this weekend. Menus are getting a little boring, so thanks for the idea. Have a great day Beth!

Well, it has been absolutely crazy. I've pretty much stayed on track. I did eat one cookie last night. They are now locked in my hubby's trunk, so they are out of sight. DH has been having more difficulty with the cookies. I'll be glad when I hand them all out. We had to do another trip to ER with DD. Apparently she will continue to react to th milk until it is completely out of her system. Another 2 days. It does make me nervous about leaving, but my parents are expecting us. I did have a very satisfying argument with MIL. I accomplished absolutley nothing, but I feel better. We're off to my parents in the morning, so I won't be checking in until we're back on Sunday. I'm bringing one of Beachgirl's cheesecakes for Christmas dessert. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Christmass dinner:
Turkey
atkins cranberry, orange sauce (no walnuts)
salad
Green beans with sauteed ****ake mushrooms and bacon
atkins coffee eggnog
mocha cheescake

I figure I will be over my carbs, but not nearly what I would be if I ate the mashed potatoes, dressing, green bean casserole, and pies. I'll let you know how it goes.

I hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday.
Beth

hi beth.......hope to hear that things went well for you and your hubby at your mom's.......you have a plan again...so as usual that will have helped..........

if you are working again this weekend.....remember plan....duh!!

hope your daughter is better by now.

deb

Beth, I'm cracking up at the fact that they edited your shetake mushrooms. I tried to figure out how to spell it out somehow, but any which way I'll get edited too!:laughing: Anyway, you survived the last couple of days with flying colors. Great job!:D

Wow, the first time I've ever been edited...

Well, I'm back. I just caught up on some of the journals, and I'm ashamed to post to mine. Holidays at home were incredibly stressful, and I slipped back into some of my old habits. DH decided to forgo dieting through the holidays, so I lost my major supporter. Christmas Eve started with my Dr calling with test results. I have PCOS, and he now wants to remove one of my ovaries. I was expecting this, but he could have waited until Jan 2. The problem is that I have scarring on the other fallopian tube, so we would have to do invetro to conceive. Did that twice immediately after DD was born, and I can't do it again. Add to that, my DS announced that she is pregnant. I'm thrilled for her, but sad for me. My DF then proceeded to offer all of our baby things to her, incluing the crib. He also reved about how great DH looks, but said I actually looked heavier.:mad: I have such the loving family. Sorry to rant....

I stayed on course for Christmas Eve. After DS announcement on Christmas morning I ended up having a small piece of pumpkin pie, and some dressing with dinner. I didn't think to bring water with me. My parents are on a well, and even with the Brita filter, it tastes terrible. I barely had 60oz a day. Went completely overboard on the caffiene. DF let DD watch Harry Potter while everyone else was helping with dinner. I could kill him. DD is having nightmares about snakes eating her. Averaged 3 hrs of sleep a night. I've been on program since the 26th, with decresed water intake. I've done the 2 mile WATP tape each morning. I'm also reading the South Beach book. I'm thinkking this might be the program for me. Until I've finished the book, I'm staying on induction.

In the 2 hrs I've been home, I've has 1,5 gallons of water.

You poor thing! You have had so much happen to you in such a short period of time. I want to send you a big {{{{{hug}}}}}. It's no wonder you couldn't stay on plan just perfectly through all the stress you have obviously been going through. For someone to say that you actually look like you have gained weight when the opposite is true has to be demoralizing all by itself.

I just want you to know that we are here for you, okay?

You mentioned you are reading the South Beach book. If you find you want to switch programs and want some recipe or Phase I advice and support, just give a holler! Take care my friend.

Thanks Lisa. I'll probably take you up on that offer for advice pretty soon. Atkins is just too rigid for me. I miss cereal in the morning. I'm having a much better day today. Last night we went out with friends and had a great time. I also didn't cheat. I managed to get some sleep. Did the 2 mile WATP tape this morning. I'll probably switch to South Beach on Sunday or Monday.
Beth

Oh, Beth!! Here's a :hug: - you certainly sound like you could use one after all you've been through! :(

Hopefully things will get better soon. I hope your DD is doing better with her allergy problems and her nightmares. Sometimes I find getting back into my regular routine is a comfort - hope you're finding that too.

Sorry to hear about your PCOS problems. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Hang in there, Beth. Sunnier times have GOT to be coming your way. ::yes::

beth........what a holiday........ugh!!!!!!!......things are gonna get better.

do you think that your hubby is gonna do the sbd with you?

Thanks for the support Deb, Doreen, Lisa. DD is doing much better. Her asthma is is back under control and the hives are gone. We are still dealing with a little bit of eczema, but that should be gone in the next couple of days. She is a much happier child now. DH has said he will do whatever diet works for me. I'm the one preparing meals, so I choose. Actually, he knows how hard atkins has been for me. I'm a really creative cook, and this will give me more to work with. Like I said, today has been great. I stepped on the scale this morning, and I weigh the same as last week. I'll weigh myself on the 1st, so I will know exactly how much I lose in the coming year. It really is amazing what spending some time with friends and fellow wishers can do for a persons morale. (and getting some sleep) Thank you.

Breakffast: I slept in, so I skipped it.
Lunch: Roast beef rolled in swiss with some mustard. Green beans. Tons of water.
Snack: string cheese
Dinner (planned with friends at our hoouse) Parmesan chicken with tomato basil sauce (3 carbs/ 1/2 cup and yummy to boot.) Steamed broccoli, salad. I'm also making garlic cheese smashed potatoes, but I don't even want any. This was a request from my friend. They are bringing dessert, but I honestly don't think I'll be tempted. I feel too good. I have some low carb ice cream just in case.

Thanks again for your support.
Beth

Hi Beth! I think you will enjoy SBD. I did chose it over Atkins because it seemed more lenient to me. I do enjoy having a bowl of whole grain flakes cereal every other morning with a couple strips of bacon. Let me be the first to welcome you to the Beach! I'm happy your DH is joining you. It makes it so much earlier when your spouse joins you. I'm sure next week you will report a loss!

I also appreciate all the support from my WISH buddies. I know having somewhere I can go and post my feelings and keep account of my food intake plus get support from great people makes all the difference.

2004 is going to be our year my friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter