• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strollers from home?

lailah

Disneymom
I need to find a stroller to purchase that can accommodate a 48 pound child. The ones that I have seen so far, only hold 40 lbs. I would really prefer to use my own instead of the parks, but if it comes down to that, it would be alright too. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

You might want to look at the jogger strollers. I have one that can hold up to 80 pounds. I bought mine 5 years ago so there are not alot of options on it but I have seen some that recline and have canopys.

I may be mistaken, but I think WDW officially doesn't allow "jogging" strollers with the single protruding front wheel. They are deemed a tripping hazard in crowded situations.

I am moving this to the Family Board.. there are many stroller posts there and hopefully the regulars will answer this question for you... :)

Like Geoff_M said, WDW does not allow jogger strollers. You probably won't be allowed to enter with it (I've seen it happen, although I've also seen some in the parks). I wouldn't risk it.

I think the WDW strollers in the parks can accomodate more than 40 lbs, but I'm not sure. I'll check it out.

I have the same need. I have been looking and since my boys are older, I don't want to invest alot of money into a stroller.

Over the weekend I tried out the INSTEP double Jogger, but with both kids in it was too heavy for me to turn. I have a bad wrist.

The Safari TT with the swivel front wheel seemed to turn very easily but the doubles are sold out until June. The single TT sells $129 at Burlington Coat Factory.

I may get this one. It holds up to 50 pounds. I put my 6 yr old in it at the store and pushed him around since he is the heaviest of the two.

I believe the INSTEP Saturn $119 holds up to 50 pounds also. Both of these look more like traditional strollers and the front wheels do not extend out.

I'll keep looking too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter