Strollers

Mom2my2daughters

Mouseketeer
We will have 3 adults and 2 kids (6 & 3) with us when we go to Disney. What type of stroller would you recommend bringing? Our 6 yr. old still rides in the stroller. We have a jogging side-by-side stroller, a regular front/back stroller or two umbrella strollers. I can't decide which would be the easiest to get around in in the parks.

Thanks!

When we went to WDW we brought two umbrella strollers and that worked out well. One was a basic model and one was the kind with a canopy that folds in half. They were easy to fold up quickly for the shuttles and monorail and they didn't take up alot of room.

The last time we went to Disneyland we took a jogging stroller. We are not taking it this time because it was hard to move with people surrounding both the front and back tires at times. We found that we had to go slower at times. This year we are bringing a double front to back stroller since we have two grandkids 4 & 1.

True about the jogger, that thing is a pain even when there isn't a crowd :sad2:

Fire, looks like we'll both be at Disney during the same time and we're both from Washington. We're near the airport :)

Good to hear that it wasn't a pain with two strollers, that's what my mom wants to bring.

We're taking two umbrella strollers, one with a canopy and that reclines, one very basic one. We will have 3 adults, a 6 yr old, almost 4 yr old, and a 9.5 mo. old. The baby will use the reclining one and the 4 and 6 yr old will switch off with the other, though I suspect it will mostly be my 4 yr old who uses it. I figure with 3 adults it shouldn't be too big of a hassle and the umbrella strollers fold up much easier & actually take less room than a double would.

can you tell what kind of stroller is for rent at disneyland? is it an umbrella or a decent one where you can stash stuff you dont want to carry? I will have a 3 & 6 year old and not sure if we might need to rent 2 ??

We are going in April and I have an almost 5 year old, I had planned to rent a stroller there, but maybe I should take my own. She really doesn't use one anymore, but I fear there will be too much walking in DL. Last year we rented at sea world and lego land. What are the rentals like at DL?

Thanks imjen, for the link to the stroller pic. :flower:
Do they have double strollers for rent? The site didn't mention it. Do you get a Disney Dollar for returning it before you leave like at WDW?

We have an almost 6 and almost 3 year old. We brought DD3's Combi umbrella stroller and DS6 walked for day 1 and 2 and we rented him a park stroller on day 3 when his legs were sore (we were seriously thinking of scooters for ourselves at that point!). The singles are $8. You can rent 2 for $14. No Disney Dollar back. You can take them out of the park and across the esplanade to CA Adventure though.

The 6 year old might be uncomfortable in the umbrella... the jogger usually has more room but a double takes up alot of space, so you have to ask yourself if you plan to just travel from place to place in it or if you will be going into stores alot, etc. because it won't fit so well in the stores. Also if you are going during busy season, it's pretty crowded for a double stroller...

HTH

We're taking two umbrella strollers with us, a Maclaren Volo and Quest. I figure it's the easiest way, especially if we want to seperate for a bit.

Nope, no doubles.

Stinasmom said:
Thanks imjen, for the link to the stroller pic. :flower:
Do they have double strollers for rent? The site didn't mention it. Do you get a Disney Dollar for returning it before you leave like at WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter