stuck in the last corral!

I love these people that come out of nowhere to complain about corrals when the new process has now been in practice for a year of races.
Right? It was in registration, on the website since before registration, and rD even sends out reminder emails to submit POT.

For TOT 2014, I forgot about the submittal (via email at that time, no reminders from rD) and missed it by a couple days. Figuring it was worth a shot, I still submitted one to Track Shack since it was only a couple days. They responded that I'd missed the deadline so my POT was not accepted, and you know what I did? I thanked them, sucked it up, and ran in the second-to-last corral. Why? Because it was on me and I don't go through life thinking I'm a special snowflake. And now I make sure to submit early and screenshot the acknowledgement. The stricter POT submittal rule has been in effect for at least 18 months.

In 2003 there were 9404 finishers for the WDW marathon. So while it wasn't a small race it was less than half the size of the 2015 Marathon. From 2003 to about 2012 It grew from 9000 about 14000 runners. In 2013 for the 20th anniversary it jumped from 13400 finishers to over 20,000.

Being a race frequented by first-timers, there are always lots of people who don't start, in addition to lots who don't finish. Of course, in 2003 the half marathon had a similar number of people and ran on the same day, and joined the course around mile 4. So there were probably actually more runners on the course at the same time than even nowadays.

I think not. In 2003, there were 14,420 finishers in the half and the full combined. Using a conservative DNS/DNF rate of 25%, one can estimate there were close to 20,000 starters in 2003. That's nowhere near the 25,000+ that there are today. To get to 25,000, 2003 would need a DNF/DNS rate of over 40%, a figure I find highly improbable.

I think not. In 2003, there were 14,420 finishers in the half and the full combined. Using a conservative DNS/DNF rate of 25%, one can estimate there were close to 20,000 starters in 2003. That's nowhere near the 25,000+ that there are today. To get to 25,000, 2003 would need a DNF/DNS rate of over 40%, a figure I find highly improbable.

I was told there would be no math.

Argh! I forgot to submit a proof of time and now am stuck in the last corral for the marathon on Sunday. A few questions to help me make the best of it:
1--what time can I realistically expect to start? May as well sleep a little later Sunday :(
2--how crowded can I expect it to be throughout? My best marathon is a 3:26, I usually run a 3:45. I don't mind dodging people, but hate the thought of having to walk because I'm completely without options.
3--will I be alone in my forgetfulness? Will there be other slackers like me?
4--is there ANYTHING at all I can do to get out of it? Christmas miracle?

Not posting this because I begrudge those who want to go slow--I'm just frustrated with myself!
Great news! I drove over today and due to the confusion with the new system this year they are making corral changes at the expo. I was able to get changed from O to C based on a race time I had printed out and brought with me. Just go to Runner Relations after picking up your bib (it's right in the same area) and explain your situation and show your results. Pixie dust makes another appearance at a Run Disney event! Woo hoo!!!

Great news! I drove over today and due to the confusion with the new system this year they are making corral changes at the expo. I was able to get changed from O to C based on a race time I had printed out and brought with me. Just go to Runner Relations after picking up your bib (it's right in the same area) and explain your situation and show your results. Pixie dust makes another appearance at a Run Disney event! Woo hoo!!!

Yay!!!

I was upset because I thought I was placed on last corral despite submitting the fastest possible time that did NOT require a POT since I knew I wouldn't have one. I read the corral map wrong. (I blame lack of sleep. I am in L but somehow thought the other corrals M and later would go ahead of me.)

So what new System? I thought this was the same as all other years? Or is the idea that no changes at expo would be permitted the new system?

(We didn't even catch until Tuesday that we couldn't pick up bibs for others anymore either.)

Would this exception not be made for others next year?

Yay!!!

I was upset because I thought I was placed on last corral despite submitting the fastest possible time that did NOT require a POT since I knew I wouldn't have one. I read the corral map wrong. (I blame lack of sleep. I am in L but somehow thought the other corrals M and later would go ahead of me.)

So what new System? I thought this was the same as all other years? Or is the idea that no changes at expo would be permitted the new system?

(We didn't even catch until Tuesday that we couldn't pick up bibs for others anymore either.)

Would this exception not be made for others next year?

The new system is registering through Active.com, but having to go back to the RunDisney website at a later date and submit POT. In previous years (at least for the 5 times I've run it) you entered your POT when you registered.

After this, I just double checked my Star Wars Dark Side registration. It looks like they are back to the proof-of-time-when-registering system. Right? (I don't need to submit anything further?)

After this, I just double checked my Star Wars Dark Side registration. It looks like they are back to the proof-of-time-when-registering system. Right? (I don't need to submit anything further?)

It should show up on your registration if you go back and check it. Follow this link, https://myevents.active.com/rundisney

sign in to Active, and Click on "View my registration" and it should be included in the Participant Information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter