Summer Alumni 2011 Anyone?

Summer Alumni applications are up for those who are waiting! Roles that are available are:

Attractions
Custodial
Merchandise
Housekeeping
Quick-Service Food & Beverage

The FAQ says that you can request to go back to your old area during your phone interview if you're applying to one of the available roles. I'm really excited about that! :banana:

I posted this on another thread, but I figured because this one is for people actually applying for summer alumni I might get more answers.

Has anyone else had issues applying for the summer alumni program? When I get to the application it won't let me continue without choosing a college I'm currently enrolled in (which isn't a requirment for summer alumni.) I even tried starting from the beginning again, thinking maybe I'd answered a question wrong but it still tells me to choose a school to continue.
I've emailed Disney, but they haven't replied yet. I was curious if this was just something I did wrong or if other people had the same issue.

I had the same issue! I've already graduated and the years I started college and graduated college weren't even an option. Heck, neither was "graduated." I kept thinking maybe I missed something!

When I called to schedule my interview today I asked about it and she said that she remembers it being the same way when she applied for her alumni program and just tell the interviewer about it. She also said that you'll specify that you're interested in the alumni program during the interview. I thought maybe I had missed that too somehow! It's been so long since I applied for the CP that I didn't remember when you specify things like fall/fall advantage/etc.

Hope that helps! Glad I wasn't the only one confused :)

I applied yesterday morning and didn't have a problem choosing my school. Can you finish the application without entering your school (since it isn't required for alumni) and when you have your phone interview let them know that you had problems? Or can you not continue past that point?

When I called to schedule my interview today I asked about it and she said that she remembers it being the same way when she applied for her alumni program and just tell the interviewer about it. She also said that you'll specify that you're interested in the alumni program during the interview. I thought maybe I had missed that too somehow! It's been so long since I applied for the CP that I didn't remember when you specify things like fall/fall advantage/etc.

Hope that helps! Glad I wasn't the only one confused :)

That's the same thing they told me!

I have my interview on Monday and I'm probably more nervous that I should be. I've done 3 programs before, but I'm not 100% sure I got a positive rehire status after my last program. Two managers said I would get a yes and one told me I would get a restricted rehire. So I guess it just depends on who actually put it in the computer. :sad2:

I just interviewed tonight, I think it went pretty well. The wait is going to be so hard, I remember going nuts last time! :rolleyes1

Just had my interview this morning! I think it went really well, so I'm thinking positive at this point. I feel like I've done enough of these at this point to judge if it went good or not, and this one was definitely good. I connected well with the interviewer, we talked a lot about my previous programs, and she's even from the same state as me so we joked about the weather differences. All in all I think it went really well, so I'll be checking my email obsessively. ;)

Does anyone that has done the alumni program before know how long it REALLY takes to get your acceptance/rejection notification? I know they say "3-4 weeks" but with the college program my letter came in exactly 1 1/2 weeks both times. Also, is there an acceptance email now-a-days? Times have changed from when I did the CP last, haha

For Spring 2010 they did emails. I'm guessing they do emails for the Summer Alumni program as well.

I had my interview on Sunday, and i think it went really well. The interviewer was like "Oh you are a former Cast Member"? and she asked about the program I did before and why I wanted to come back and I was like "Because it was an awesome experience, and ever since I left I couldn't wait to go back!"

I only applied for attractions and merchandise since Front Desk wasn't available. The interviewer made it sound like I would get offered a spot even though I only picked two roles because it was still very early in the recruitment season.

I had my interview on Sunday, and i think it went really well. The interviewer was like "Oh you are a former Cast Member"? and she asked about the program I did before and why I wanted to come back and I was like "Because it was an awesome experience, and ever since I left I couldn't wait to go back!"

I only applied for attractions and merchandise since Front Desk wasn't available. The interviewer made it sound like I would get offered a spot even though I only picked two roles because it was still very early in the recruitment season.

Yeah as early as most of us applied I feel like there's so many jobs and locations still open there's no reason for any of us to get turned down unless we like tanked the interview.

I just scheduled my interview for next Tuesday. I'm so excited! I did the program Spring of 09 and had the most amazing jobs (I had 2 roles since I extended) and met my current best friends. Good luck to everyone. I hope we all get to go back!

At least 20 people from my programs Fall 09' and Spring 10' are applying! It will be like one HUGE Disney CP reunion! Am I the only one who regretted leaving!!?? It was horrible!

At least 20 people from my programs Fall 09' and Spring 10' are applying! It will be like one HUGE Disney CP reunion! Am I the only one who regretted leaving!!?? It was horrible!

OMG a bunch of people from my program are reapplying too, it's like we all want to be back RIGHT NOW. And the urge hit us all at the same time.
I regret leaving as well, granted I was 18 and my parents forced my hand I had actually been offered an extension. Part of me wishes I had stuck up for myself and taken it.

Hey I did Costuming at MK Spring Advantage 2010. I did Character Room and the MiSiCi stilt walker parade. I had quite a few points from attendance and some reprimands lol. I early termed also and My last few days I calledi in. My interview is Friday so we will see what happens. I know I was bad but I know I want a career with Disney now and I'm working on my Masters of Business Administration. I'm really hoping I get another chance. In my job now I haven't called in once at all and I've been working there since last October. I was a good worker but I was just not focused on making a career with them when I was there last time so I went out a lot and went to the parks a lot. I regret leaving early now, but my boyfriend and I had to get back for school related activites. I know I am probably screwed but I really would never do that again. My manager told me before I left that I would be restricted rehire. I know that means I need 6 months work experience and I have four as of right now. I really hope they can help me out and I can get in.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter