Summer

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
Did anyone go last summer so they can give me an idea of how the crowds where (when and where they were the worse). And how do you think the war will effect Disney this year?

I went last year in the middle of August. It was a little crowded. Shorter hours and no EE. We did not park hop because of the shorter hours. We were forced to get to each park when it opened and stayed until closing. The wait for most rides was 45 minutes and you had to use the fast pass. It is hard to predict what this summer will be like with the threat of war. I am booked for this July. I think most people will not be traveling as much as before. At least that is what I am hoping. If anyone stays home it will mean shorter lines for me. Attendance is lower than usual at least that is what is being reported.

We were there in early June and found the parks crowded but manageable. We used FP a few times but for the most part we waited no more than 30-45 minutes for most rides. We did not get to ride TT because every time we went to Epcot all the FP's were gone and the standby line was over an hour. We did line up early(1-2 hours) for the parades, fireworks and Fantasmic! We found the crowds to be the worst at Disney Studios and the lightest at Epcot and although MK was very crowded we were still able to see and do a lot. It just takes a lot of patience and a little planning.

Most of the trips I have taken have been in the summer in 2000, I think (and one over spring break 2002) and the crowds were huge (they seemed less when I went over spring break though), and I don't think an hour wait is going to bother me much, but since you say most rides were 30-45 min thats cool. Thanks.

I see by your countdown that you will be there a couple of weeks after us. I know from what I have read that the first couple of weeks of June aren't too bad because most kids are still in school-our dd is in a private school that starts their summer break with Memorial day weekend so we are lucky. Let me know how you find the crowds while you are there this June--my dd will probably be changing schools so we will have to start planning our future trips for later in June. Have a great time:D

I was there July 2002 with my 12 DD and 11 DS and husband. I thought it would be a zoo and we would wait in lines forever but it wasn't too bad at all. By using Fast Pass and E-night we were able to see everything we wanted and more. We would go somewhat early in the morning, go back to the Contemporary for a rest or swim early afternoon and then go back to a park about 4:00 or so and stay thru closing. Since it was summer the parks were open late. Also since my kids are a bit older, they could handle the late nights.

Truly, July is not as bad as I thought it would be., Just remember a July day in WDW is always better than a day at home. :)

Elise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter