Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. For those with passes, I know Disney will extend passes with the closure. However they still charge you for them if you do payments. Would you still renew or wait until all of this is over and the park is open?

My pass expires in June. Since I'm in NorCal, I'll probably wait until my next scheduled trip to buy a new pass rather than renew. Unless the parks are closed for 2+ months, the extended dates don't really help me since I couldn't get back to the parks until August.

My conference this coming up week has been cancelled. Was at the grand Californian. My room refunded etc. however I bought conference tickets for the parks. I really just want a refund but either way my tickets have expiration date of 12 days or something after the start of the conference. I called ticketing a few times and every time they transfer me it goes to a number that rings once and then basically hangs up and asks me to fill out the after call survey. Anyone have experience of a number to call for this issue?
You can try contacting Disney via social media or email. The customer service phone lines have been swamped for days now, as you experienced. As suggested by other posters, look at the updated ticket information on the Disneyland website. Ticket expiration dates have been extended. And unused DLR tickets do not lose their original monetary value, even after they expire. So you could apply your tickets toward new ones on a future trip if you don't manage to visit before the new expiration date.

You can try contacting Disney via social media or email. The customer service phone lines have been swamped for days now, as you experienced. As suggested by other posters, look at the updated ticket information on the Disneyland website. Ticket expiration dates have been extended. And unused DLR tickets do not lose their original monetary value, even after they expire. So you could apply your tickets toward new ones on a future trip if you don't manage to visit before the new expiration date.
As always disney is great. Because is associated with a conference my choices were to use it later and they would move expiration date or they would refund me. Since I’m a healthcare worker and I have no clue when I will be able to travel again with the pandemic I asked for a refund. Thanks for the help

So I'm in Washington State, which issued a Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order. Only essential outings are allowed, like the grocery store.

I think under this order, going to Disneyland may actually qualify as a misdemeanor.
I think the DISers in this thread will understand how some of us see Disneyland as sort of "essential"! ;) We may be hunkering down at home, but feeling the beckoning of our homing beacons...

Just double checking to make sure I understand correctly. I currently have 5, 3 day tickets. 2 were purchased in Nov 2019, 3 were purchased in Feb 2020 before the increase. All had an expiration of first use by the end of 2020. Am I correct that all are now valid through 2021?

I know this would be pure speculation but does anyone think Disney might mess with Blackout dates this Summer if/when they do decide to open?

I know this would be pure speculation but does anyone think Disney might mess with Blackout dates this Summer if/when they do decide to open?
So they are somewhat restricted on what they can and can't do with blackout dates, because people bought passes at certain levels based on said blackout dates. They can (and have in the past) removed blackout dates, either for one park or both parks, but they have to be careful not to remove too many and then cause people with higher level passes to be upset. They can't move blackout dates or add additional blackout dates less than a full calendar year out, again because people purchased passes based on the blackout dates.

So they are somewhat restricted on what they can and can't do with blackout dates, because people bought passes at certain levels based on said blackout dates. They can (and have in the past) removed blackout dates, either for one park or both parks, but they have to be careful not to remove too many and then cause people with higher level passes to be upset. They can't move blackout dates or add additional blackout dates less than a full calendar year out, again because people purchased passes based on the blackout dates.
This is true. Although given the circumstances, I wouldn’t be mad if someone with a lower pass got their blackout dates lifted. And I have signature plus. Granted I’m just one person. I am curious to see how they handle all of this!

Does anyone feel like the park has been closed for months when it’s only been 10 days??!! Lol I miss Disney so much.

I've been to Youtube a few times to watch a general park walkthrough, ride POV's, WoC and F!. Just trying to get my Disney fix any way I can. Even though 10 days is not much at all, it's the feeling of not knowing when the DLR resort will reopen that makes it feel 10 times longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter