Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw LAUSD is out until May 1 now. I wonder if DL will postpone opening as well?

I just saw LAUSD is out until May 1 now. I wonder if DL will postpone opening as well?
I dont know! But I am dying to know. I wish they would make some kind of announcement. I know they mentioned releasing the cast members schedules today. Does anyone have any insight of when they are scheduled to be back?

So they are somewhat restricted on what they can and can't do with blackout dates, because people bought passes at certain levels based on said blackout dates. They can (and have in the past) removed blackout dates, either for one park or both parks, but they have to be careful not to remove too many and then cause people with higher level passes to be upset. They can't move blackout dates or add additional blackout dates less than a full calendar year out, again because people purchased passes based on the blackout dates.

As a shareholder, I don’t care what the blackout/no blackout decision is as long as the end result is more revenue for the parks.

If it means turning a SoCal select pass into an unrestricted premiere pass all summer, so be it!

Lord help us if that ever becomes necessary.

Does anyone feel like the park has been closed for months when it’s only been 10 days??!! Lol I miss Disney so much.

Because Disneyland is an idea and symbol as much as it is a physical place...I just expect it to be there making someone happy, even if I’m not there.

It being closed is like putting a giant blanket on the Statue of Liberty....still there, but no one can see it, very disconcerting.

I have a CM friend In attractions who was told to potentially be available for work starting April 18.
Please take this with a grain of salt as everything is changing each day due to covid , but that is what she was told this week.
It could be sooner than that and she just won't be staffed by then, or it could be delayed much longer, but just a date for the back of your minds I guess.

For Los Angeles county school districts the current guidelines are for teachers to return to the classroom on Monday May 4 and students to return on Tuesday May 5. This is subject to change.

I have a CM friend In attractions who was told to potentially be available for work starting April 18.
Please take this with a grain of salt as everything is changing each day due to covid , but that is what she was told this week.
It could be sooner than that and she just won't be staffed by then, or it could be delayed much longer, but just a date for the back of your minds I guess.
The current stay at home order ends on April 19 so it’s possible if that doesn’t get extended disney will slowly reopen that week.

Newsom has been one of the most concerned leaders in the country in terms of worrying about the coming healthcare need surge and staying informed by experts. If his worst case predictions don't significantly decrease in chance, especially in LA county area, I doubt he will allow any openings of super-spreader businesses such as disneyland until after the predicted peaks are safely passed, which would be well past mid-April.

Still surprised Disney hasn’t announced the extended closure yet... we all know they’re not opening April 1st so curious when they’re going to make the announcement.

I’m starting to feel nervous about our July trip but we’ve bought plane tickets already so guess just wait and see. Already decided if we have to postpone we’ll aim for October or December- depending on my work schedule... I really hated the weather in December this last time so hoping for October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter