Surf and Turf Disney Style…..30 days of food on land and at sea! 06/16 WPE

Thank goodness I haven't missed much...I'm in too!popcorn:: You know how much I love your reports!!!:thumbsup2

Those granola bars do look good, but I don't like artifical flavors either, especially fruity one like banana and strawberry. There's a couple artifical things that I really can't tell the difference, but fake fruit is just so sweet and leaves a weird after taste in my mouth.

Karin, we have missed you :hug:

Can't wait to read along, I hope your trip was as amazing as it sounds

Soooooo looking forward to your wonderful reviews

I'm joining in as one of your loyal readers :cool1: I've loved your past reviews and can't wait to read more about your trip!

Welcome! :goodvibes
Yeah, another reader! And I remember you! :woohoo: I really hope my new set of reviews will live up to your expectations! :)

Yay you started! I must tell you every time I have a Krispy Kreme I think of you. I organized a Krispy Kreme fund raiser for our school just so I could feed my doughnut addiction.:thumbsup2

Hm, I wonder why people associate me with Krispy Kreme? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
But I really love that you think of me when you have one of those heavenly fluffly little gifts of heaven! :cloud9:
Guess you will not be disappointed as there are LOADS of KK photos coming up! :thumbsup2

I'm in! Can't wait!

The granola bar looking thing does look yummy...but banana??? Doesn't sound so yummy. :lmao:

I am so glad to have you here!
The Corny bar is quite nice, and I really love the combination of banana and chocolate, but this has a not so nice artificial banana taste - but who cares, we were on our way to our happy place! :thumbsup2 ;)

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!!!!:yay:

Can't wait to hear all the yummy reviews and it will help me to while away the 10 months until we are back in the world!:cool1:

And thank you for my surprise through the post - very kind!:)

Hi Shari, how wonderful to know that you will be along for the ride as well! :love:

When ARE you going back? We will arrive in Orlando August 17 or 18 - do we overlap? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE say yes!!!!!!!!! :flower3:

Karin - Y'all definitely need to come down here soon! Here's a link to the place we went that had the KK bread pudding. Check out the outrageously low prices too!!!!

http://www.boucherie-nola.com/

Please don't rush your reviews my friend, we were just messing with ya!;)

Thanks for the link - the menu looks heavenly!!!!!!! And the prices ...... can they survive on them? Maybe we should show Disney their price-policy - :rotfl2: but then they season with Pixie Dust! ;)

Kat, are you going back in February? And if so, for how long? We'll be back President's week, but will spend Feb 19 - 23 on the new love of my life - the Disney Dream! ;)

I'm so excited about your reviews that I have to do the banana dance!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I just got back from a Disney trip with my sister in September and I'm taking my daughter on our first cruise (the Dream) in January so I can't wait to read your cruise reviews!

Welcome!
Hi Shari, how wonderful to know that you will be along for the ride as well!

When ARE you going back? We will arrive in Orlando August 17 or 18 - do we overlap? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE say yes!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Karin! :sad2:

We come back on the 14th August this time - normally we would be there at that time but we have to come back earlier to pick up the kids exam results. Oh, that's a shame!

Still - we will just have to enjoy each other's reports and imagine we were there together!

Can't wait to hear all your reviews :yay:

Wow! You just started yesterday and on page four already? Man do you have a following. :worship: But, dang do you ever do good reports.

Going back to catch up now cuz I just gotta! :rotfl:

I am as surprised as you are, at how quickly this thread grows! Not that I don't love it! :love: :cloud9:
And thanks for being along for the ride and the cruises!

I'm in, too !! Can't wait to read more reviews. Especially that ones from the cruise(s). I know there will be lots of WPE !!

I am trying my best to update on a regular basis! :thumbsup2 You will love the cruise ones - there's lots of food and I can tell you, we enjoyed it a lot! :thumbsup2
And you might be right on WPE. :rotfl2:

Thank goodness I haven't missed much...I'm in too!popcorn:: You know how much I love your reports!!!:thumbsup2

Hi Mary Ellen!
Welcome! :goodvibes You have no idea what it means to me that you are finally here and following along! You are going to love all the pics! :hug:

Count me in in :thumbsup2. I LOVE your reviews !!

It's wonderful to have you on board for this set of reviews as well! :thumbsup2

Those granola bars do look good, but I don't like artifical flavors either, especially fruity one like banana and strawberry. There's a couple artifical things that I really can't tell the difference, but fake fruit is just so sweet and leaves a weird after taste in my mouth.

They have a few flavours I really like, it is just the artificial banana flavour that turns me off, it is just so overpowering and as you said, it leaves a weird taste, but we had some more food on the flight, which was pretty nice! ;)

subbing in, i'm another big fan of your dining reviews!

Adrienne:cool1:

I am glad you will be joining us on this journey into Disney food (with a few other things thrown in ;))

Karin, we have missed you :hug:

Can't wait to read along, I hope your trip was as amazing as it sounds

Soooooo looking forward to your wonderful reviews

Linda, I missed you too!
Lots of reviews to be written and yes, our trip was wonderful - everything we could have hoped for and even more! :cloud9:
Needless to say, we are booked again for February and summer of next year! :thumbsup2

popcorn::I'm in. Can't wait for more.

It's wonderful that you have decided to join us as well! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited about your reviews that I have to do the banana dance!
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I just got back from a Disney trip with my sister in September and I'm taking my daughter on our first cruise (the Dream) in January so I can't wait to read your cruise reviews!

Hey, thanks for the banana dance! I like that! :woohoo:
You are going to LOVE the DREAM, it is a beautiful ship! Lots of photos and reviews coming up.
If you want to read more about our adventures ON the DREAM, come and join my trip report.
Memories of the DREAM come true ......

Sorry Karin! :sad2:

We come back on the 14th August this time - normally we would be there at that time but we have to come back earlier to pick up the kids exam results. Oh, that's a shame!

Still - we will just have to enjoy each other's reports and imagine we were there together!

Can't wait to hear all your reviews :yay:

It's a shame we are going to miss you again! :sad2: We are flying into Miami next summer and going to Key West before we go to WDW and the DREAM.
But at least it will give us a reason to plan further trips to WDW, so maybe one day we can meet.

Looks good - roll on the reviews!

Lots of reviews coming up, hope you'll like what you are going to read! :laughing:

I'm in! Totally jealous of 28 days Disney but I shall live vicariously through you and your report :)

I'm here! :yay: I'm here! :yay: I'm here! :yay:

We are finally home and I couldn't wait to find your report! It was so awesome to meet you!!! I was in shock when you said hello, so I'm sorry if I sounded strange. I can't wait to read your reviews and I will be starting my own very soon.

Still Day 1, August 13

Airplane lunch

When we left off, we were on our flight from our home town to Frankfurt. It takes some time to get from one terminal to the other and we had time to spare before we got on board our intercontinental flight.

Once we were airbourne it did not take long and we were served

IMG_0576.jpg

this little snack bag of pretzels and crackers. Now, what can be said about them, well, the crackers were nice, some of them had poppy seeds in them and they were fresh and crisp. The pretzels are "European Style" which means not as hard as the US variety, but they were crisp and nice and salty!

IMG_0578.jpg

Tom had some German beer with it and I had some Coke to wash them down.

Once they were done with the snacks we were handed hot towels and then it was time for lunch! ;)

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

This was the starter - three different vegetable mousses in a tomato sauce. To be honest, this was my least favourite part of the meal. There was no change in texture and the mousse didn't really wow me. The red one was carrot, the green one was tasting like a mix of spinach and broccoli and the white one tasted of celeriac. The tomato sauce was yummy, but the whole dish kind of had a baby food feel to it.

IMG_0583.jpg

Tom chose the grilled chicken breast with potatoes and pepper medley as his main course. I didn't taste it, but he was quite happy with it.

IMG_0586.jpg

I chose the Garganelli Arrabiata, which were pasta in a semi hot sauce, topped with pesto. It amazes me, how they still keep the pasta from going all mush! :goodvibes I really enjoyed my main course, there were lots of little bits of chili running through the sauce which gave it a nice bite.

IMG_0581.jpg

And on to dessert. Chocolate mousse in a red fruit coulis! Well, totally up my street! The chocolate mousse was not overly sweet, had little bits of candied fruit in it and worked perfectly well with the fruit coulis! LOVED it!

IMG_0582.jpg

We still had the fresh crispy roll and there was some unsweetened butter and a wedge of "very young" Camembert to be enjoyed.

Once our bellies had been filled, we both took some sleeping aid, put the earphones in and started to watch a movie until we fell asleep. :laughing:

Next up - airplane dinner

Looking forward to your reviews!!!

I am very happy to have you on board as well! :)

I'm in! Totally jealous of 28 days Disney but I shall live vicariously through you and your report :)

It just makes sense to stay for a longer period of time during the summer taking into account that the long distance flight is very expensive during the summer months - and it gives us lots of time to try new foods which we can review here! :thumbsup2

I'm here! :yay: I'm here! :yay: I'm here! :yay:

We are finally home and I couldn't wait to find your report! It was so awesome to meet you!!! I was in shock when you said hello, so I'm sorry if I sounded strange. I can't wait to read your reviews and I will be starting my own very soon.

Hi! It was so nice meeting you at WDW! I would have never dreamed of the fact that I "would run" into people without setting up a meet, but this vacation we "ran" into a lot of familiar faces.
Don't worry about what got said, it was just SO nice to meet you in person. Your son is a cutie by the way! :thumbsup2

And I am VERY happy that you found my thread and are along for the ride! :cloud9:

Thanks for the link - the menu looks heavenly!!!!!!! And the prices ...... can they survive on them? Maybe we should show Disney their price-policy - :rotfl2: but then they season with Pixie Dust! ;)

Kat, are you going back in February? And if so, for how long? We'll be back President's week, but will spend Feb 19 - 23 on the new love of my life - the Disney Dream! ;)

We'll be at BLT 2/17-2/21!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter