Surf and Turf Disney Style…..30 days of food on land and at sea! 06/16 WPE

It just makes sense to stay for a longer period of time during the summer taking into account that the long distance flight is very expensive during the summer months - and it gives us lots of time to try new foods which we can review here! :thumbsup2

This I get. The flight from here to Orlando takes the better part of a day (or all through the night and so a quick weekend trip just doesn't make sense for us either. Add in the cost and staying at least a week is a must. :goodvibes

So... the rice crispy bar. I would hate that artificial banana too. I think that taste reminds me too much of circus peanut candy.

The meal looks good. Well, good for airplane food. Remember we get nothing on our flight (still thinking how I will manage dd and I all day with no food offered...I am going to have to pack a lot of "crispy bars" ;)) The veggie mouse thing is pretty even if the texture was not great.

Can't wait to see more!!

Yay... another dining report. I think I gained 10 lbs reading the last Deluxe report.... I'm excited to see WPE on the list...

This I get. The flight from here to Orlando takes the better part of a day (or all through the night and so a quick weekend trip just doesn't make sense for us either. Add in the cost and staying at least a week is a must. :goodvibes

So... the rice crispy bar. I would hate that artificial banana too. I think that taste reminds me too much of circus peanut candy.

The meal looks good. Well, good for airplane food. Remember we get nothing on our flight (still thinking how I will manage dd and I all day with no food offered...I am going to have to pack a lot of "crispy bars" ;)) The veggie mouse thing is pretty even if the texture was not great.

Can't wait to see more!!

Ann, as much as I love our short trips to WDW in February, but it sometimes seems like such a waste of money and time - the flights cost around 1200Euros per person and to us it seems that once we arrive it is time to go home - that's why we enjoy staying for a month in the summer so much.

Funnily enough the food during the flight is pretty nice - no gourmet, but you would not expect that on a plane, would you? :lmao:
Can't you take some sandwiches on the plane with you? You could always buy some drinks once you have cleared security, so you don't starve on the plane and don't have to live off candy bars. :goodvibes
But maybe Zoe would prefer the candy bars ;) :lmao:

I'm late in joining the party!

Welcome! :goodvibes
You're not late at all - I just started with the airplane food, there is lots more YUMMY food to come! :thumbsup2

Yay... another dining report. I think I gained 10 lbs reading the last Deluxe report.... I'm excited to see WPE on the list...

I am so glad you found my new review! :woohoo: I guess there will be more weight to be gained with all the yummy food we had at WDW and on the cruise. But I'll promise to space it out a bit, so you'll have time to digest! :lmao:

Here I am, trying to keep up & catch up with all the reviews & reports.

Now back to reading!

Welcome, Doris! :goodvibes
Tell me about keeping up with my subscribed threads. Coming back home and going right back to work didn't leave me much time to catch up, so I am still in the process of catching up and I started two new threads, still have two to finish and I am working on my pre-trippie for February and summer of 2012. Will I ever get any WORK done? :laughing:

Loving this review already :goodvibes

You are on page 6 and haven't got off the plane yet - this is going to be an epic :cool1:

Loving this review already :goodvibes

You are on page 6 and haven't got off the plane yet - this is going to be an epic :cool1:

Glad you like them, Linda!

Still one more plane update until we reach American "soil". :lmao: But there's lots of yummy "American" food to come! :thumbsup2

I'm in! 30 Days! I am beyond jealous! DH wants to go to WDW for more days than the longest trip I read about on the boards, but I don't get enough vacation time to top 30 days! :lmao: Can't wait to read more about your trip!

I'm in!!!! :cool1:

I am so happy that you decided to come along for the ride! :thumbsup2

I'm in! 30 Days! I am beyond jealous! DH wants to go to WDW for more days than the longest trip I read about on the boards, but I don't get enough vacation time to top 30 days! :lmao: Can't wait to read more about your trip!

I know, I know, 30 days, but with the long flight we have to take we really need to try to stay as long as possible. :thumbsup2
And just as an information for your DH - the longest trip we took was 6 weeks! :rotfl2:

Still Day 1, August 13

Airplane dinner

About 2 hours before we were supposed to land we were served another meal.

IMG_0587-1.jpg

This time there was no choice,

IMG_0593-1.jpg

everyone got Spinach Tortellini filled with ricotta in a light cheese sauce, topped with tomato sauce. The Tortellini were a bit overcooked, but still tasting pretty nice. The cheese sauce was light and a bit on the thin side, but tasted really fresh in combination with the tomatoes.

Dessert was

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

rice cream. Well, not my favourite dessert, but we tried both of them.

IMG_0594.jpg

The vanilla one had specks of real vanilla in it and actually tasted really nice, if you like rice cream. I was not a huge fan of the apple one - I doubt it had seen a real apple! :lmao:

There was also

IMG_0588.jpg

a roll, some butter and cheese. Unfortunately the roll was cold, too soft and a bit stale, so I only had a few bites before I stopped.

After we had finished our meal we only had a little more time to go before we were to land in Orlando and we could have our first Disney food! :woohoo:

Next up - take away from WPE

Can't you take some sandwiches on the plane with you? You could always buy some drinks once you have cleared security, so you don't starve on the plane and don't have to live off candy bars. :goodvibes
But maybe Zoe would prefer the candy bars ;) :lmao:

:rotfl2: I think I am the one who would prefer the candy bars. Seriously though, I will likely pack something... I mean, it is possible I would find something when we have our stop and change planes...but I don't want to risk not getting something considering i will have no idea how hard a task switching planes with dd will be.

You're not late at all - I just started with the airplane food, there is lots more YUMMY food to come! :thumbsup2

I am so glad you found my new review! :woohoo: I guess there will be more weight to be gained with all the yummy food we had at WDW and on the cruise. But I'll promise to space it out a bit, so you'll have time to digest! :lmao:

Welcome, Doris! :goodvibes
Tell me about keeping up with my subscribed threads. Coming back home and going right back to work didn't leave me much time to catch up, so I am still in the process of catching up and I started two new threads, still have two to finish and I am working on my pre-trippie for February and summer of 2012. Will I ever get any WORK done? :laughing:

Still Day 1, August 13

Airplane dinner

About 2 hours before we were supposed to land we were served another meal.

IMG_0587-1.jpg

This time there was no choice,

IMG_0593-1.jpg

everyone got Spinach Tortellini filled with ricotta in a light cheese sauce, topped with tomato sauce. The Tortellini were a bit overcooked, but still tasting pretty nice. The cheese sauce was light and a bit on the thin side, but tasted really fresh in combination with the tomatoes.

Dessert was

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

rice cream. Well, not my favourite dessert, but we tried both of them.

IMG_0594.jpg

The vanilla one had specks of real vanilla in it and actually tasted really nice, if you like rice cream. I was not a huge fan of the apple one - I doubt it had seen a real apple! :lmao:

There was also

IMG_0588.jpg

a roll, some butter and cheese. Unfortunately the roll was cold, too soft and a bit stale, so I only had a few bites before I stopped.

After we had finished our meal we only had a little more time to go before we were to land in Orlando and we could have our first Disney food! :woohoo:

Next up - take away from WPE

:rotfl2: Another meal? I know... I know... it is a long flight. I like rice cream... the vanilla one looks pretty good. Apple though?:confused:

The food on the flight actually looks pretty good. In my experience (which has not been very much) the food one airplanes have been yucky! But I also haven't been on a flight that actually fed you in 13 years.

I cant wait to read more and i'm especially looking forward to the cruise food.

Page 7??? How'd I get so late?? :confused3

Going to catch up - my famous last words! :rotfl:

International flights coming to the US have much better food than going to Europe; but on the way home, we get that yummy food. Do you notice the difference going from the US to Europe - food not as good?

No way! dizneeat reviews? :worship: I LOVE THOSE!!! I can hardly, hardly wait for you to get to the good stuff! Yay! :yay:

are you sure you've been again? ;) doesn't seem five minutes since the last trip. still can't wait for the reviews :goodvibes:

:rotfl2: Another meal? I know... I know... it is a long flight. I like rice cream... the vanilla one looks pretty good. Apple though?:confused:

Yip, they feed you twice on a long distance flight. :thumbsup2 And to be honest, for airplane food it is pretty nice food, but if you have Disney food on your mind ........... :rotfl:

I'm so late! Oh my gosh!

Great job so far!!!

Don't worry, you are not late at all, the Disney reviews are only about to begin! :thumbsup2

The food on the flight actually looks pretty good. In my experience (which has not been very much) the food one airplanes have been yucky! But I also haven't been on a flight that actually fed you in 13 years.

I cant wait to read more and i'm especially looking forward to the cruise food.

The food IS pretty good, for airplane food. Lufthansa has always fed us pretty well and yes, they even hand out snacks (cookie bars) on short, 55 minute flights.
Cruise food was really wonderful, we were so really amazed at how good it was. :thumbsup2

Page 7??? How'd I get so late?? :confused3

Going to catch up - my famous last words! :rotfl:

Christine, you are not late at all, the Disney reviews are only about to start! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter