• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Winners at War Season 40

If it was allowed since the beginning, they only began showing it over the last 5 years or so. It was never part of the early seasons. People could question another’s answers to Jeff’s questions, but you never had this getting up and whispering in another’s ear.

Right but you would at times see people subtly discussing things with one another. So I don't think it (talking with others at tribal) was ever disallowed. But private conversations wasn't something that occurred to anyone to actually DO until recently.

I think a comparison would be the hidden immunity idols. Used to be that you found a clue that led to the idol. Until Russell decided "forget this" and found the idols on his own (maybe). There weren't any rules against doing this, and it's been that way ever since.

Right but you would at times see people subtly discussing things with one another. So I don't think it (talking with others at tribal) was ever disallowed. But private conversations wasn't something that occurred to anyone to actually DO until recently.

I think a comparison would be the hidden immunity idols. Used to be that you found a clue that led to the idol. Until Russell decided "forget this" and found the idols on his own (maybe). There weren't any rules against doing this, and it's been that way ever since.

This makes sense. Maybe it was always allowed but nobody ever did it. But, once somebody did do it then everyone said oh what a good idea and it kept going.

it was like in the first season when Richard Hatch started creating alliances, and some people didn’t wanna do that, didn’t think it was right, didn’t think it was fair, etc. Now nobody would go through the game without creating alliances

I hate it! It seems to get worse with each season. I truly despise it, and as someone who has watched Survivor since season 2, if I did stop watching, it would be because of that, and that alone. I think it looks so fake. The producers don't even try to pretend this is a reality show anymore.
If it was allowed since the beginning, they only began showing it over the last 5 years or so. It was never part of the early seasons. People could question another’s answers to Jeff’s questions, but you never had this getting up and whispering in another’s ear.

I don’t think it makes for good tv even if Jeff does. It’s just annoying. Seeing how they’d handle things by going into the vote blind and the aftermath, would make for better tv, in my opinion.

It was funny the first time it happened a few seasons back, but it gets old very quickly.

I was going to suggest Seasons 6,7,8. I wanted to rewatch Season 6 forever because of Rob Cesternino. He was one of the first really strategic players and now hosts Survivor Podcasts. After 6, Season 7 loaded with Rupert and Sandra bartering in the village. Then the All Star season. Those 3 are a great trio.
Watching season 6...wow...girls versus guys. The commentary alone would not fly today. Amazing the difference.
And, dang, THIS is Survivor. In all it's OG glory!!! Love it.
And someone smuggled a granola/candy bar on the lady's tribe. Never saw that before. Man!!!
And the crazy anti-idol lady...oh boys! She's gonna be something.
I am just on epi 2.
Hulu doesn't have epis 3 and 4. Watched the recap before epi 5 to get the gist. Bummer.

Last edited:
Watching season 6...wow...girls versus guys. The commentary alone would not fly today. Amazing the difference.
And someone smuggled a granola/candy bar on the lady's tribe. Never saw that before. Man!!!
I am just on epi 2.
Hulu doesn't have epis 3 and 4. Watched the recap before epi 5 to get the gist. Bummer.

I signed up for a free CBS all access trial through Amazon to watch all the seasons. No missing shows...and no commercials....... Once the free trial is over, I'll cancel it and go back to Hulu.

So season 6, Amazon, was a good watch. Really liked Deena and Rob. Was a little irked that Rob ditched Deena and went with the pretty young girls, Heidi and Jenna. Heidi was dumb as a stump and Jenna didn't really do much for the W. Her win was much like the Michelle win though at least Jenna went to F2 with a goat. Though Matt was a challenge and camp survivor/provider beast. But no gaming in him at all. Rob carrying him to the end was much like Boston Rob with Phillip. Rob was the big gamer of season 6 but Jenna outlasted and got the pertinent immunity wins at the end. So, overall, better than the Michelle win but similar. And interesting was the date night where Jenna and Dave got to go eat and shower and sleep in a bed together. Then they swapped tribes the next day, picking people in alternating fashion. Was very interesting to see that (instead of the ol' drop your buffs and randomly choose new ones).

Re: Jenna Morasca
Not sure if you knew that she and Ethan Zohn were in a relationship that lasted for 10 years. They parted amicably in 2013.

Unfortunately in 2018 Jenna was arrested in PA for DUI and possession of narcotics paraphernalia. She’s now 39.

They were also on The Amazing Race together.

I believe the arrest is the reason she's not on this season, which of course was filmed last year.

Yeah, I knew that stuff. Don't like her. Figure she's probably had a hard time getting old as she and Heidi seemed to have such disdain for the older ladies.

Watching Season 11- Guatemala now to see the first use of a hidden II. And to see Dani's win. I may have watched this season before. I seem to remember Gary. But maybe not. I don't remember many of the others. Though it is a pretty boring season. And has some unlikable fellas (Judd and Jamie and Bobby Jon is no treat either). Reminds me of the bros of Michelle's season.

I am just on epi 2.

I hope Hulu has the episode where Jenna and Heidi get naked in exchange for Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Definitely wouldn't fly today. I believe Heidi lost her job as a teacher over this episode.

I hope Hulu has the episode where Jenna and Heidi get naked in exchange for Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Definitely wouldn't fly today. I believe Heidi lost her job as a teacher over this episode.
Hulu didn't have that one either. I found that part on You Tube though. But those girls lost a lot of weight at that point and looked rough.

My son and I watched all of season 1 but the last 2 episodes yesterday. We will watch the rest today. He has only seen the last 2 seasons. He is loving it. I didn't start watching until a few seasons in. This season was a bit boring to me but not bad. The challenges seemed so easy compared to the ones they did later on. Oh and Probst was so much quieter in this season too.

So, I guess if Rob or Amber had not been voted off, then the other one would get to come back for the loved ones’ visit?

Never mind. Moot point.

I wonder what they would have done with the kids if R and A were separated. Make them choose? The kids? LOL

The cutaway at the end was great when the jury swarmed Probst for a group hug.

I actually recoiled. Right now hugs are a big no no and I just couldnt help but react to the swarming.

This show is already completed and the only thing left is the live show where the winner is announced- as if we don't already know.

anyway, i am happy that everyone got to see their families on the last show. I could care less about Rob and Amber - I mean they BOTH left their children. Rob or Amber-yes but both ummm NO.

I think they would have had a better chance if either one of them had chosen to do the show (Rob is a better player) but they should have realized that they would have a HUUUUGE target on their back with both being on this particular show. - they should do Amazing Race if it renews

As for hugs, i hope we are not going to be a part of the anit social era. I mean we are humans. I know that I for one need that "connection" . I don't want a world where we can't express our feelings of love, gratitude, and hope to each other.

As for hugs, i hope we are not going to be a part of the anit social era. I mean we are humans. I know that I for one need that "connection" . I don't want a world where we can't express our feelings of love, gratitude, and hope to each other.

Ive never been a fan of hugs so that didnt help things. Im fine if you are seeing someone you love for the first time in awhile or for comfort but they are huggers down here in the south. I will meet people for the first time and they go in for the dreaded hug and just ick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter