System still a mess

I just tried to log in and got the dreaded “you need to change your password” message. It said it was due to not logging in for long time. Uh no. I log in all the time. They did send the email to reset the password which didn’t work. They’ve now locked my account completely across all Disney platforms.

On hold with tech support for God knows how long …..

Update: After an hour on hold with the general tech support line, I tried calling DVC MS on another phone and got through to their tech support within 5 minutes and they were able to fix the problem. (It was a Festivus miracle!! ) I still have no idea why it got locked in the first place or why my numerous requests to have it reset online didn't work, but it's fixed.
I just got the same message about needing to change my password:
Hello [name removed],

It looks like you just tried to sign into your Disney account for the first time in a while. To make sure your account information stays safe and secure, your account has been frozen. You will need to create a new password in order to sign into your account in the future.

Why have you received this message?
To help ensure the security of personal information, we ask guests who have not signed in for a while to verify ownership of their account and create a new password. This attempt to sign into your account occurred at Disney Vacation Club.

Not sure what their definition of "for the first time in a while" is, but, thanks to all the "new login" messages from Disney in my trash bin, I last logged into my DVC account a week ago on July 28. And my last login to any Disney site with this account was on Monday August 2, just two days ago.

I sure hope Disney isn't going to make me change my password every two days.

I just tried to log in and got the dreaded “you need to change your password” message. It said it was due to not logging in for long time. Uh no. I log in all the time. They did send the email to reset the password which didn’t work. They’ve now locked my account completely across all Disney platforms.

Update: After an hour on hold with the general tech support line, I tried calling DVC MS on another phone and got through to their tech support within 5 minutes and they were able to fix the problem. (It was a Festivus miracle!! ) I still have no idea why it got locked in the first place or why my numerous requests to have it reset online didn't work, but it's fixed.
I was forced to change mine today too...I am on hourly looking for one night, who knows what their logic is🙄

So thats not how Disney legal works. They do a cost benefit analysis... if we let this legal problem slide, how much will it cost us to pay someone off in the end? How much will it cost us to fix it now? Will we lose future sales?

Once that determination is made, thats how they determine to proceed.

There is a reason Disney pays off so many people who sue them.

I didn't say anything about Disney's legal department.

A Festivus for the rest of us!!!!!!! Do you have an aluminum pole?

Just this morning I encountered a new issue where I cannot see the reservation details that I have. While the date and reservation number are there it has an error message below and will not allow me to make any changes:

Anyone else seeing this?

Upon dialing MS at 9:03am this morning … projected wait time was 18 minutes (I thought., oh what a happy day). After waiting 70 minutes, I received an updated wait time of 68 minutes at which I point I hung up. 😡.

I dialed at exactly 9am. Got through in about 10 minutes only to be told that the systems are down and she couldn't help me with anything. Lol!

Today is my 60 day AP renewal day. I'm hoping to make that happen before the prices change.

So, the past three days I haven't been able to login to DVC member .com or my disney experience, Anybody have any suggestions, we have a trip coming up early Sept, can't access anything.

So, the past three days I haven't been able to login to DVC member .com or my disney experience, Anybody have any suggestions, we have a trip coming up early Sept, can't access anything.
We were able to bypass the problem by logging on to our Disney+ account and change our password there . All of my Disney accounts are linked using my email so the new password then worked on my DVC account.

Have you tried clearing everything out like cookies, cache, etc?

if you did, then I think you have to reach out to Disney for help.

We were able to bypass the problem by logging on to our Disney+ account and change our password there . All of my Disney accounts are linked using my email so the new password then worked on my DVC account.
That is a great idea, disney+ seems to be the only thing website that works.

LOL - "routine" maintenance.

Yeah, right, suuuuuure it is...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's why it was up an hour ago with no announcement, only to be suddenly offline for ROUTINE maintenance :laughing::rolleyes:

View attachment 595736

It'd be great if Disney actually accomplished something during their "routine" maintenance. It's amazing how a website that always does "routine" maintenance never seems to address any of the issues that plagues it.

I don't know what's going on, but the site is showing A LOT of availability. Including rooms that I have a hard time believing would have as much availability as its showin (AKV CL for multiple dates in October-December). Now I'm even more annoyed by the borrowing glitch. I could've stayed club level, but can't because of 5 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter