Tabitha and Paul's Escape Fairytale Wedding - November 2014

Right it's update time!!

The Dress
I've found my dress!! I don't want to post a pic of it here just in case it comes up in a google search or what not, but it is a Tom Flowers for Berketex gown called Barcelona. Its very simple, fully encrusted bodice and full teulle skirt, not much of a train, perfect for me! I'm in talks with a lady to buy hers second hand, so watch this space!!

The Date
As I said in my previous post, we have changed our date - again!! BUT it's in print now so no changing!! The Magic Kingdom photo shoot is very important to me, one of the main reasons I wanted a Disney wedding. Disney have for some reason blocked out all dates in November and December for photo shoots (I suspect due to the Fantasyland construction) for the last 2 years running. I emailed Disney Photography and she confirmed that they would be blocked out again this year, so suggested that we look at an October wedding to give us the best shot of having the shoot.

I chatted to Sarah (Paul's daughter) about it and she got very excited about being in Florida over Halloween - it's really not my thing but hey I'm not too bothered! So after thinking about dates etc we decided to suggest 21st October to Paul. I showed Paul the email I'd received, and then a calendar, and the first date he picked out without being prompted was 21st October! That sealed the deal for us!

So we are now looking at Tuesday 21st October for our ceremony. We're planning to arrive Friday 17th, with our welcome event Monday 20th October - SO EXCITING!!!!

We designed our save the dates, with help from Amy which was amazing (thanks Amy!!!!) and here is the final product, freshly printed in business card size!!

9249a5f9.jpg

Sooooo happy with them!! I have also bought some self adhesive magnetic tape to turn some of them into magnets before I post them out!

Boys suits
So I've got Paul thinking about a morning suit, I think it would look great on him!!!

7985bca5.jpg

with this waistcoat set for him

a0d7254d.jpg

and this waistcoat set for the boys

dc0a7045.jpg

Paul does like the blue waistcoat so might have him wear that with a white cravat, time will tell! We will also be buying the boys suits at this rate, it's the same price to rent as it is to buy!!

Bridesmaid's Dresses
This is the front runner at the moment:

92ccdfe0.jpg

In a royal blue. They will carry white roses wrapped in blue ribbon, with maybe some white feathers in the bouquets as well!

Hair
Loving this hair style at the moment, really want long chocolate brown barrel curls, so look into hair extensions, as my hair isn't thick enough to pull it off

65028155.jpg

Wedding Pavilion
The new carpet is down in the Wedding Pavilion...YAY!!!!! I love it as it is!! So we will be ditching the aisle runner and aisle petals, and just doing bunches of 3 long stemmed white roses on the ends of the first two rows of pews, with the roses wrapped in blue ribbon

5be6cb7c.jpg

Need to use this on some kind of communication, I just love it :D

559e549e.jpg

And just for fun, my ring with my minnie mouse nails!!

c6e4ff1b.jpg

Wedding website
Last but not least we have started our wedding website:
http://paulandtabz.are.gettingmarried.co.uk

:cheer2:

I googled your dress-- absolutely gorgeous! You'll look stunning!

Congrats on picking a date! It will be here before you know it!

The Save the Dates look wonderful! Love the blue!

All of the possible bridal party attire looks great. I especially love the bridesmaid dress- very unique and pretty!

Wow! That hair style is so intricate yet simple and gorgeous at the same time. Stunning!

Holy cow-- that pumpkin is ADORABLE. Saving that!

And you nails and ring look great! Your nails are too cute!

I love your save the dates, so cute!!

The picture of your "minnie" nails with your ring is awesome!!

Can't wait to read more about your plans!!

Brooke

Hi Tabitha!

I just found this planning journal through a google search, I have only read the first page and the last post. I know it's been a while since there has been an update but just wanted to tell you that I'm loving this planning journal!

We are married already and I have looked into a Disney Vow Renewal for next year or 2015 since we eloped but after looking at the cost, I'm thinking that it'll have to be our 10 year anniversary (2020!) so I thought it was awesome to see this planning journal and hope to see another update. :)

So glad I found this planning Journal. I love that you're planning so far ahead, as I am too :cool1:
Me and my DF are looking at a Disney wedding in November 2015, so excited already :)
I was wondering if you had decided what to do about the fireworks?
I myself looked at the chef's domain for the wedding meal but I reckon we will have too many people so I am just going to book a table in the general restaurant instead :)
When we were the ealirer this year we ate at Citrico's and as we were leaving the fireworks started so the wait staff let us run down their fire escape and out onto the dock at the GF to watch the show it really was amazing, If i remeber correctly the music was piped in as well :wizard:

Also another idea i had is having a meal and then organising a kind of monrail bar crawl so get a drink at the GF, then the contemporary and the on to the polynessian to watch the fire works with dirnks on the beach where the music is piped in too.
I hoped this helped if you're still stuck for ideas x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter