Taking Winnie on a Wonder Cruise - A February Mexican Riviera Trip - All wrapped up 6/14

I hope you don't mind I bookmarked your recipe website. You have a lot of yummy looking recipes there
I can totally vouch for the prime rib recipe! It taught me how to cook it for my American husband when the pandemic stranded him here and he couldn't get back to the US to visit a proper steak restaurant. I was very thankful for the tested recipe - and Alison's online support via text during the process! It was sooo delicious... Need to make it again soon.

So many of us are long time readers. We don’t post, but find those magical trip respite writers that grab us with their details and personalities. Thank you for sharing the adventures of AJ and Fran for all these years. You don’t know me, but your TR have been with me on my own journey of life. They have been entertaining, informative and comforting. I have eaten many a meal reading along about your yummy meals.

I am so very sorry for the loss of Fran. I did not know until reading your TR today. I have zero doubt she is still a part of your journeys today. Sending peace and comfort.

Hello. I've not interacted with you on here, but I have read and enjoyed several of your trip reports. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself

Thank you very much for your condolences.

It was difficult to come back here, but after our experience with 21 Royal, I really wanted to share that here. I was able to find some time in all the cleaning out to come back, respond to replies and post the updates that I had already written before she passed.

I'm actually overwhelmed with how many lurkers there have been out there. Many have commented over the years, but some have only come out to comment on this sad occasion. I wish more people would respond! I've met so many great friends here on the DIS, many of which I will be visiting in their own territories in the coming year. I'd love to make more new friends!

Thank you very much. :hug:
Just another long time lurker who has enjoyed reading your adventures living vicariously through them from a distance. Very sorry for your loss. I sat down tonight and saw your updates and started tearing up when I read about Fran passing. Wish you all the best in your new adventures. Also motivated me to start planning a trip to CA finally to see Disneyland in a few years when I turn 50.

:hug:

Know how that feels.
Replying almost six months later, it feels a lot better now. Still overwhelming at times, but not bad.
Wouldn’t be the first time!
Yup! I'm happy to finish folks beverages! You'll see that on the current trip, but not for a looooong time. I've calculated that updating every three days I will be lucky to finish before my trip to WDW.
Might like it. :)
I'd let you have a sip of mine.... ;)

Are you going to the DIS/DREAMS event in August? The party was just moved to Avenger's Campus.

Well my reply is a little late, but, no I didn't sign up for that. Back in May I planned a ton of travel in August and September and was all over the place.

Thanks so much for the recipe. I am loving the new trip report!

And now that this one is over, I have two others going on right now. I'll post the links again in a little bit in case anyone has followed along.

I can totally vouch for the prime rib recipe! It taught me how to cook it for my American husband when the pandemic stranded him here and he couldn't get back to the US to visit a proper steak restaurant.
Thanks for the testimonial!
I was very thankful for the tested recipe - and Alison's online support via text during the process! It was sooo delicious... Need to make it again soon.

I'm actually making it later this week! I need to get the meat out of the freezer to thaw!

So many of us are long time readers. We don’t post, but find those magical trip respite writers that grab us with their details and personalities. Thank you for sharing the adventures of AJ and Fran for all these years. You don’t know me, but your TR have been with me on my own journey of life. They have been entertaining, informative and comforting. I have eaten many a meal reading along about your yummy meals.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I knew that there were folks out there who read my TRs without commenting, but until Fran passed and the lurkers came out of the woodwork I had no idea. Thanks again for reading along.
I am so very sorry for the loss of Fran. I did not know until reading your TR today. I have zero doubt she is still a part of your journeys today. Sending peace and comfort.
It's been a difficult six months. Some days are great and fun, others I am a sobbing mess, its a journey.

Hello. I've not interacted with you on here, but I have read and enjoyed several of your trip reports. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Take care of yourself

Thanks for chiming in, and I appreciate your condolences. I'm doing the best I can. :flower3:

Just another long time lurker who has enjoyed reading your adventures living vicariously through them from a distance. Very sorry for your loss. I sat down tonight and saw your updates and started tearing up when I read about Fran passing. Wish you all the best in your new adventures. Also motivated me to start planning a trip to CA finally to see Disneyland in a few years when I turn 50.

Thanks for your condolences, and coming out of lurkdom to post. It's been a tough time since she passed, but I'm trying to move forward as best as I can. :flower3:

@franandaj I was reading your trip report of Egypt and I realized I missed the sad news about Fran. I am so sad for your loss.

@franandaj I was reading your trip report of Egypt and I realized I missed the sad news about Fran. I am so sad for your loss.

Thank you Bobbi. It was devastating at the time. And I'm still sad, but with some distance and perspective, I should have seen it coming. Actually one of my DIS friends, her husband is a paramedic, was reading the private blog I was writing which chronicled Fran's journey after the colon rupture, and he knew exactly how the story was going to end as the end got closer.

Back in December (a year ago) her main surgeon was telling us that she was very sick. I'm sure the blood work and other factors showed him a lot more than what we could see on the surface.

I'm trying to move forward as best as I can. Some days are better than others, but I try to keep a positive outlook. And I'm going to do all the things I want to do because no one ever said that they should have spent more time doing hard work. I intend to do just enough to fund my fun.

I so enjoyed your TR ai wasn’t a poster / comments but an avid reader of your detailed TR
will you still do dcl or wdw Allison ?
how can we follow your future TR ( I mean will you change your name for future trip reports

may 2024 be a beautiful day and bring you health peace and hapiness

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter