Talk me out of it....

wvjules

DIS Veteran
Last May I went solo for the first time. In December, I went with my family (my birthday). I thought I was ok, no Disney blues or anything when we returned. Now I keep fantasizing about another solo trip in a few months. Can I afford it? Yes. Do I have PTO to use? Yes. DBF is reluctantly ok with it (I planned the last one then told him I was going lol And yes I know it's not his decision but we have lived together for 12 years and we are a team.) So why oh why am I not just booking it?

So, sensible folks on the Solo Disney message board, talk me out of it.

I can't talk, I booked a short trip a week in advance on a whim because it was a good deal and I could get off work. If it helps, FARTs was a blast! 🤣

While I can't talk you out of it, I can suggest maybe bringing someone special (family/friend) with you when that person/those people can go too!

Sorry no can do. I have a solo trip coming up in April. I went solo 3 times last year and went another time last year with my son DIL and grand daughter. My hubby isn't a fan of Disney, actually isn't a fan of travelling at all. I usually just book a trip and let him know when and where I'm going. We've been together almost 30 years and I think one of the reasons we have lasted is I do take these trips. Gives us some me time. He can sit around scratch, make noises, sleep without getting kicked for snoring, lay on the couch all day.

I agree with Brian. I don’t think you really want us to talk you out of it. So book that trip already, what’s stopping you?!

You still haven't booked it maybe it's because your BF is "reluctantly okay with it" and you feel guilty?
But I agree with BrianL too, this is the wrong place to ask us to talk you out of it! :laughing: You do you! If it makes you happy, DO IT!

Last May I went solo for the first time. In December, I went with my family (my birthday). I thought I was ok, no Disney blues or anything when we returned. Now I keep fantasizing about another solo trip in a few months. Can I afford it? Yes. Do I have PTO to use? Yes. DBF is reluctantly ok with it (I planned the last one then told him I was going lol And yes I know it's not his decision but we have lived together for 12 years and we are a team.) So why oh why am I not just booking it?

I'll bite ... why aren't you booking it?
But I have to say that I find a year or so between WDW extended trips is perfect. A few months is not enough for me to really miss it & need to go back. But, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, so whatever works for you is what you should do.

So this was a bit tongue in cheek. I knew this was not the place to ask about NOT going to WDW. lol

I have no reason not to book. I'm just kinda on the fence. Work is brutal right now and I want to get away for a few days to recharge. I'm being indecisive. Thought it'd be a nice place to chat.

Don't do it!

There, I talked you out of it. Now let me express my actual opinion: Go, go, go!

So this was a bit tongue in cheek. I knew this was not the place to ask about NOT going to WDW. lol

I have no reason not to book. I'm just kinda on the fence. Work is brutal right now and I want to get away for a few days to recharge. I'm being indecisive. Thought it'd be a nice place to chat.
Work is always going to be there and it’s always going to be brutal. I run a global professional services organization and as much as I love it, it equally wears me out. I go to the park to turn off work and be a kid/just enjoy the surroundings.

But, and I think this is what you should ask yourself, when you walk through the gates does Disney make you go “aaaaaahhhhh my happy place”? If so, you should go. I can go to MK and see the magic or go to AK, hear Yolele and instantly my souls is soothed!

It sounds like you go often enough you’re not going to replace brutal work with brutal planning and a wired day. If the answer is no, heck yes you should go!!

OH, in THAT case, why NOT go? lol You got me with "work is brutal right now". What better way to breathe again than to go to WDW?

I don't understand what is keeping you on the fence... What is behind the hesitation?

I totally get it. there are times that I want to book, but then I think about all the factors, the cost, etc. and maybe I don't. Sometimes just talking it through with people helps, whether I do or not. I'd honestly by booking trips way too often if I just gave in to my every whim.

Last edited:
Glad you are going ... my only argument was to be "try a different park" as in - if you went to WDW, now do Disneyland and California Adventure. Seeing new things, while in a safe and upbeat environment - perfect for a solo recharge ;) Honestly, just the pre-planning the trip makes daily stress a little easier to withstand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter