Tasha & Greg's Escape PJ -10/12/10 Sunset Pointe/Shula's - Vendor Reviews

I hope you had a magical wedding day! I was thinking about you all day!!! Congratulations!

Shoot I missed the actual wedding day!

I know it was everything you dreamed it would be and so much more, I hope Disney blew your expectations out of the water :)

All the best and can't wait to hear all about it

Thank you all for the well wishes!!! We are married!!!!! :dance3::dance3: I can't believe I found my Prince Charming and we got married at Disney!!! :banana:

Just a quick update as we are still at Disney (until the 22nd) but I had to logon to check on the boys at Camp Bow Wow and say "Hi!" to all the DISBrides!!

Everything was amazing!!! Seriously - more than we ever dreamed of!! I cannot believe how perfect our day was and how awesome all the Disney Cast Members have been. Everything Disney was absolutely perfect - photography, flowers, the cake, I could go on and on.

The ceremony was so quick, we were glad we had booked the MK/Epcot photo shoot the next morning as it kind of extended the moment. To anyone who is on the fence about spending the $$$ - we would do it again in a heartbeat. Ty was awesome and it was so much fun to be in the parks before they opened.

More to come - we gotta get going but I just had to say HI and let you all know how wonderful everything turned out!!

Hello!! We are back home from our fantastic Disney wedding and honeymoon, back at work and already missing WDW! Our poor Bruno got sick after we picked him up from the kennel so I have been a little slow in uploading pics and getting my updates out but he is feeling better so I am ready to get those vendor reviews going!

Honestly, we have nothing but good things to say about all but one of our vendors so I will give a little detail in addition to the grades.

DFTW Planner - Kathleen Reynolds: A++
Kathleen was amazing, quick to respond to emails and overall super helpful both in planning and on the day of the wedding. She knew we were arriving the day before the wedding and happened to be out of the office so she called my cell and left her cell number in case we had any issues. Anyone who has Kathleen as their planner is in good hands!

Officient - Rev. Tim Herring: A++
I was a little nervous about the actual ceremony, given that we didn't write it or give Rev. Tim much direction. We told him we had both been married and wanted a combination of religious and civil ceremonies, leaning a bit more toward civil. His words were so beautiful and meaningful they brought me to tears!! He stayed for a bit afterwards and made a toast as well.

Hair/Makeup - Beaute Speciale - Laine: A++
Laine was awesome!!! I had downloaded some pics from the Beaute FB page onto my iPhone and it so happened that she had done the hair and makeup for one of my faves! She was on time (both days - even at 4am), super friendly and did an amazing job. My hair frizzes easily in humidity but there were no frizzies at all!

Disney Photography - Ty Boyce: A++
As you know, we requested Amy or Regina, based on the pics we had seen on this site. When we were assigned Ty, I was a bit concerned because I hadn't seen a lot of his recent work and pics were soooo important to us. Well, I never should have worried!! :rotfl: Ty was friendly, professional and the pics we saw on his digital camera were amazing. I can't wait to see the actual photos, we did some really fun shots and some super romantic ones as well. We could not believe how many workers were at the Magic Kingdom on our photo shoot morning, equipment was everywhere and the couple before us was running late as a result. Ty was professional and flexible through it all.

Disney Floral - Rosie: A++
Our floral was exactly, and I mean exactly, like the pics I had sent to Rosie!! My bouquet was beautiful, the table pieces were beautiful and there was no clouding on the cake table! I hadn't even requested no clouding but the table had a bunch of greenery on it which perfectly matched the beachy theme and the table pieces we had picked out. In addition, all the flowers were sent to our room and lasted thru our ENTIRE trip - yes, from the 12th to the 22nd!! I took pics of them in our room the 12th and again on the 21st and will post them. We also ordered one of the romance packages with the roses and rose petals and it was the perfect way to come back to the room after dinner!! Well worth the $$$!!!

Dress Steaming - Carolyn Allen: A+
I didn't get the name of the woman who came and steamed my dress but she was on time, professional and did a great job. She also steamed Greg's tux pants, more on the tux next. Our room at Bay Lake was very small and there was really no place for her to hang the dress but she made do and got the job done quickly.

Tuxedo - Sacino's: C-
Greg wanted me to give Sacino's a D :sad2: it was the only bummer in the entire trip. When we arrived at Bay Lake, I called the store as the front desk was unable to find the tux. I had a head cold (more on that in my TR) so my voice was very faint and I had to leave a message. An hour later, the concierge at the Contemporary was still searching and I had not heard back from the store. I called again and was told they didn't call me back because my voice mail was "all over the place". Uh, what???! :headache: The concierge found the tux and we opened the box...and said ***???? There were two sets of everything except the jacket and NONE of it fit properly. By this time, the store was closed and they were not opened on Tuesday - the wedding day. The shirt was the worst - the arms were not long enough yet the belly was too big. The other shirt was way too tight in the neck. We were able to make it work but Greg was not happy about it. The only redeeming thing was that it was very easy to send back, they included a self addressed label.

Wedding Dinner - Shula's: A++
Ok, we are not foodies but there is one thing we know and it's steak!! Shula's did not let us down - the lobster bisque was perfection, maybe the best I have ever had, and both Greg's ribeye and my prime rib were cooked perfectly medium! The prime rib was ginormous, they packed us a nice little to go bag complete with extra horseradish, plastic utensils, etc. The wine list was also amazing and they gave us a free champagne toast! Service was impeccable and we were seated at a nice little table away from the families.

Cake by ??: A++
Not sure who made our cake but I had to bring it up because it was DELICIOUS!!!! We had sooooo much leftover and ate it for about 4 days but never got sick of it we loved it so much! It was beautiful - perfect - and we cannot wait to see the pics of it!!

Well - that's all I have for tonight, I will try to get online tomorrow and get my first day of the TR up along with some pics! Thanks for following along! :yay:

Oh my gosh - how could I forget to review the ceremony location?! Sunset Pointe was beautiful and not windy at all! It was a bit warm - the sun was shining directly on Greg, causing him to sweat a bit but we agreed the location was perfect for us and exactly what we wanted. Super romantic, super intimate, just perfect!! :goodvibes

:)I am so happy to hear that everything turned out great! Bummer with the tux though. I can't wait for the rest!

hanging on to everyword...can't wait for more...and congrats again on the wedding...

I a ridiculously late to this one! First, I lived in GR for about 3 years while in college...Somedays I really miss it, but love connecting with those in GR! (I sense a road trip and a Dis meet!!! :woohoo:)
Next, congratulations!
Last, can't wait to read the TR!!!

I'm so happy for you and thanks for the reviews:thumbsup2, epecially about Tim, we were a little worried about our choice. Can't wait to see pictures!popcorn::

Good to hear that Rev Tim was so good as we have him booked for our VR and I haven't even thought about writing the ceremony yet:rolleyes:. Did you ask him to send sample ceremonies to you beforehand?

I feel like a crazy, stalker person because I have been checking the board's everyday for your trip update. :yay: can't wait to read more!

I'm glad you guys had a good experience with Kathleen Reynolds. She's our coordinator and has been everything but helpful. I've e-mailed,called multiple times, and no response since June. I have no clue what to do, and my wedding is in November, also at sunset pointe. This has been a very stressful time. It shouldn't be either. But I'm glad you guys had an amazing time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter