Tasha's Journal (UPDATE: Our baby has arrived! Pics on last page!!)

Tasha+Scott

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br><font color=pu
Well, I am really excited about WISH! I feel like I may actually do something about my weight issues. First of all, I have always been a little on the bigger side, but never fat. Just average for my bone structure, height, etc. But now, well, I am fat! I say that w/o feeling sorry for myself. I am this way b/c of my lifestyle choices, not b/c I have to be.
I would like to lose about 80+lbs. I don't know what I weigh right now. I plan to weigh myself later. I have not been to bed yet so I will weigh after I wake up. I have an idea of what I weigh, but feel I cannot make a realistic goal w/o knowing exactly what the dreaded scale says.
My main goal is to get back into an average size clothing. I am now in a size 20...the heaviest I have ever been! I thought it was bad when I was in a size 14 several years ago. Now I cannot wait to get to that point! I would like to get into a size 10 at least. I might even be happy in a 12. I have always been at a healthy weight and felt fine around there. A size 8 would be the ultimate goal, but I don't want to overdo it. I will decide more about what size I want to be in when I get to that point.
I plan to start exercising at least 20 minutes a day 5 or more days a week. I also plan to watch what I eat. I am not sure about a diet plan at this point. I am still researching this to see if any would work for me. I believe Scott (my DH) is also planning to do this w/me. That would really help.

My Short term goals are:
1.) Start exercising to not only lose weight, but improve my overall health.
2.) Lose 7 lbs. by Labor Day. (I just joined the Labor Day Challenge.) Also earn my first clippie!
3.) Go down one size by Oct.
4.) Continue to write in this journal daily or at least once a week during busier times in my life.

My Long term goals are:
1.) To lose 50-80+ by the time we go on our next WDW vacation next June.
2.) Lose 80+ lbs. by Christmas 2005 if I don't lose it all by June 2005.
3.) Be able to fit into a size 10 pants or smaller.
4.) Feel good about myself from the inside out!

I will post more later. Right now it's time for some sleep!

Hi Tasha,

I just wanted to say WELCOME to the WISH Journals! Your goals look great. Are you following a specific plan? I hope you got some good sleep.
Beth

Tasha, welcome to the WISH Journal board! Your goals are very realistic. You'll find the eating plan that works for you.

So nice that your DH is joining you - makes life so much easier! Be warned that his weight will fall off more quickly than yours - it's just a fact of the male metabolism. I hope that by warning you, you won't get discouraged if it happens.

Best wishes on your healthy living journey! :sunny:

Tasha - I wanted to give you another warm welcome to WISH journaling! You are taking a great first step in organizing your thoughts about how you want to approach this journey by setting realistic goals. Post often, we would love to encourage you!!!

Hi Tasha! It's so nice to see people joining in that have similar goals as myself. I know it's going to be great to be able to encourage each other along the way!

I hope you are able to find an eating plan that works well for you. Having your husband working along side you will be a great help I think. It's always easier to have someone right there with you going through the same thing you are.

Best of luck to you both!

BTW, I was laughing my butt off when you got that tag over on the Universal Board. LOL

Hi Tasha...I'm new to the boards myself. Like Michelle we have the same goals. So let's hold each other up and go for it!!!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I really appreciate it! I believe the support will be a really big factor in how well I do.

Originally posted by DoeWDW
So nice that your DH is joining you - makes life so much easier! Be warned that his weight will fall off more quickly than yours - it's just a fact of the male metabolism. I hope that by warning you, you won't get discouraged if it happens.

Best wishes on your healthy living journey! :sunny:

Believe me, I found this out through experience. I joined Physician's Weight Loss Center several years ago. I was doing really well and it was starting to show, which motivated DH to want to join as well. He had barely just begun and had already lost more than me. Go figure. It didn't bother me the way you might think though. It sort of motivated me. We would compete. The only sickening part was that I followed the plan 100% cheat free. DH did too for the most part, but every now and then he would cheat. Then he would weigh in the same day or the next day and he would actually have lost weight. I know if I had cheated I would have gained. But it doesn't matter in the long run as long as we both get our weight under control. He doesn't have nearly as much to lose as I do anyway. Thanks for the advice though.

Originally posted by Princess Michelle
BTW, I was laughing my butt off when you got that tag over on the Universal Board. LOL

Hey! I know what you mean about the tag. One day I am so innocently wanting to know what the heck a tag fairy is. The next day the tag fairy has left me a surprise...and a crazy one at that. I couldn't help but laugh too! :p

Thanks again everyone!

Okay, well, sorry I didn't post yesterday. But it was a crazy day. I didn't have an actual eating plan yet. I was still researching my options. On top of that, I have been trying to get this job that I applied for almost a month ago. I have had 2 interviews and the boss has pretty much told me that I am going to get this job. But he is taking his time. So, I have been anxious about that. I have been trying to stay off the computer a lot more the last couple of days b/c he is supposed to call by the end of the week sometime. Don't you just love those not so definite dates they give you? You wait by the phone and then they don't even call until the very last second.
Anyway, as far as eating goes, I did not do so well yesterday. I didn't do terrible, but I have not gone grocery shopping this week (chalk it up to sitting by the phone :rolleyes: ) so I don't really have any healthy food in the house. I also did not exercise yesterday. No excuses there. Just didn't "feel like it". I am going to have to force myself to do it. Funny thing is I absolutely love exercising once I get started. It is just finding that motivation to get started.
I signed up for WW online last night. I am not actually going to start the plan until tomorrow though. I am still making sure I understand the whole points system. And then when DH gets home from work we are going to go grocery shopping. So hopefully I will only have good things to report tomorrow. I think WW seems like a good plan. I just hope it works for me and that I can stick w/it. I like the idea behind it b/c it is flexible. When I did PWLC several years ago it was very strict. During Christmas dinner at DH's grandmothers we didn't eat. We explained that we wouldn't be eating b/c of our diet. (I am one of those people that cannot cheat or it really messes me up. That is why I failed at PWLC.) His grandmother gave us such a hard time about it. We stuck to our guns but felt lousy during the entire get-together. With WW, if I understand everything correctly, you get the extra flex points per week to do w/as you please. That would really come in handy during get-togethers w/his family. Then we could eat a little something and everyone (including ourselves) would be happy.
On another note, I also am taking the Labor Day Challenge here on WISH. I am hoping to lose 7 lbs. by then. I know if I stick to WW and continue to use this journal and get off my lazy behind and exercise that it will happen. Wish me luck. I will post more tomorrow to let you know how I have done.

Day 1

Well, I was going to wait until tomorrow to begin the WWs plan b/c I thought I had already blown it today anyway. But after I went on the site and typed in what I had eaten, I realized that I hadn't done as bad as I thought. The worst thing I did was skipped breakfast and then ate a big lunch. I figure live and learn. I will try to do better about breakfast tomorrow. I haven't eaten dinner yet but I have already planned for it. With all of my meals and snacks I will end up going over on my points by 3 for today. So I decided I had better get that exercise in b/c I am really not ready to dip into my extra supply of flex points. So I did 40 min. on the treadmill which equalled 3 points. So I am w/in my points range afterall. I did not eat any dairy (I am borderline lactose intolerant and can only handle so much dairy) and not nearly enough vegetables. That has to do a lot with the fact that I have not gone shopping yet. Tomorrow I hope to add a little more to that. I decided to make my weigh in days on Fri. That way when I weigh if I lose weight I will not be tempted to cheat over the weekend. I have found it to be much easier to cheat over the weekend. My first weigh-in will be a week from tomorrow. Hopefully it will go well. I am going to steal Princess Michelle's idea here.

I give today 3 sunnies b/c I could have done better but at least I did do better than I thought I would! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

You're off to a good day!

I've been thinking about joining WW online also. I hope you don't mind but I'll be checking your journals periodically to see how you like WW online.

Keep up the good work!

I did WW online and lost weight with it. But unfortunately had to drop the program due to some serious financial changes I had to drop everything that was extra at the time.

What I liked about the points is if you are a fast food junkie like me it's okay they have points for everything!. You also might want to look at the Wendie Plan. It's not wendy's the restaurant. It's this lady who does WW and has a theory about the plan. If you go low points some days and then moderate and then high it keeps your body guessing and your metabolism doesn't slow down. I guess it's supposed to help you if you are on a plateu. Go to the chat rooms on WW and someone will give you the link. Or just browse for Wendie Plan.

Good luck with the WW I hope you do well!! If you have any questions or some good low points recipies questions ask me I have some good ones!!

Tasha, it sounds like your first day went really well! You found a program to do and I just love the way you went and exercised to get yourself within your points range! That's awesome!

I also like seeing these sunny faces :sunny: popping up here! They really make it fun and I thought it would be helpful down the road when my journal is longer I'll be able to go through it quickly if I'm having problems and say okay, I had a lot of 5 sunny days this week and I lost but I only had a few this other week and I gained, what's the difference in what I did? That way I don't have to read every single post I made I can just look for the :sunny:'s and read the ones I need to. :)

Also, you have to be careful when you're over on the Universal Boards, that TF over there is a rascal! :crazy:

Good start Tasha! It sounds like between you, myself, PrincessMichelle, & Kelscross...that we are all starting about the same time and close to the same goals in mind. I too am doing the Labor Day Challenge!

Between all of us and all the other supportive WISH members, we are sure to reach our goals. I know that these boards have already been such an inspiration to me.

Day 2

Well, it is close to 1 in the morning by my time so I will try to keep this brief. I did really well today for breakfast and lunch. However, we never did go grocery shopping yesterday so I still did not have the best choices in the house. So, by dinner time, I was pretty hungry and we HAD to go grocery shopping. Which as anyone knows, do not go shopping when you are hungry. DH had a rough day and did not even get to eat lunch today so he was hungrier than me and craving Subway. So, we went there before we went grocery shopping. Not sure how many points it cost me on WW so I decided to go ahead and use the rest of my points for the day plus my extra week's worth of Flex points. So, I won't be able to cheat the rest of the week. I ate a ft. long sub and 2 choc. chip cookies, plus 2 root beers. I have to be honest. Even I never eat a foot long! I was famished! It is b/c I have not made the best choices for my pts. b/c of lack of food in the house. I really don't have anything low-carb or low-fat. So, off to the grocery store for us. I think I made really good choices at the grocery store. I bought a lot of WW meals. I hate constantly remembering to check the pt. value of each food. So I decided that until I am used to the whole pt. system and know the value system better the meals make it really easy for me. Bought a bunch of those, plus some WW desserts. I also bought a lot of fruits and vegetables. I bought BB low-fat, sugar-free yogurts, whole wheat English muffins, and plain bagels w/fat-free strawberry cream cheese. Now this I can live with...I am sure. I did not work out today. It has been a stressful day. My (hopefully) soon-to-be-boss was supposed to call me today and didn't. He keeps calling me and saying he is planning to start me by such-and-such a date, but I feel like he is giving me the run-around. I really need this job and he has been giving me this run-around for 3 weeks now! C'mon! I need a paycheck! Anyway, I know this is my WW WISH journal but I have to vent. Part of the reason I am fat is due to stress, so venting can only help, don't you think? Hmmm...I said this would be short...guess I was wrong! :teeth: Well, I will post more tomorrow! Thanks for your continued support. I know I am going to be able to do this b/c of all of the support! :grouphug:

All in all, I give today 3 golden sunnies, for effort! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

You know that subway has points listed on WW online? I used to get it when I was at work. Have you checked out the meal plans they give you? It's good for a start so you know how many points things are. You can edit the meal plans if you don't like something etc. I liked it for a start.

The dreaded grocery store trip...I hate going to the grocery. And boy my bill tripled since I bought healthier foods.

It's good that your husband is doing this with you. It has been extremely hard for me because my entire family is overweight and/or has terrible eating habits so I have no buddie other than here for support. I feel bad because I used to eat at my grandmothers almost every night for dinner since my grandpa died (she doesn't like to be alone much, understandable) and she cooks all fattening stuff. She's been calling every evening asking if we are coming over and I tell her we will be over after supper. We do go over but just don't eat there any more.

Don't be discouraged if you see your DH lose faster than you. From what I have read on just about everything, men will lose it faster.

Have a good day today!

Tasha, I'm sorry you had such a rough day and vent away sister! I totally understand about the stress causing you problems! That's a huge battle that I fight too. When you have a not so great day just remember that tomorrow gives you a brand new start so take it! It sounds like you did really well with your choices at the grocery store too.

I hope you have a great weekend! :)

Day 3

Okay, I just love you guys! You make me want to get my life on track. I wish I had discovered WISH a long time ago. But now that I have, I hope I am here to stay. Anyway, today was a great day. I am really happy with how I have done today. I stuck to my eating plan. I did not go over my points today. In fact, I have 1/2 a pt. left but do not plan to use it. I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight. I set the speed at 2.5 and walked 1.27 miles and burned 111 calories. I earned 2 of my points back that I used last night b/c of this workout! I hope I don't feel the need to use them anyway though. I felt pretty good about that. I did 40 min. 2 days ago but I did not feel as good afterwards b/c I knew that I did not eat as well as I could have. This time I did and I feel absolutely great. Funny what a little exercise can do for your self-esteem! Anyway, I don't know if any of you noticed my new clippie or not. It is not a weight loss one, but I was still really proud to be able to claim it. 1 Day Cheat Free, baby! YEAH! Plan to make that 2 days cheat free, then 3 days, 4...you get the point. As far as the stress of wondering about this job...I found 3 more jobs that seem like they may be something I'd be interested in. I sent my resume to one company through e-mail. I am sending another resume through snail-mail on Mon. morning. And the other job, I am going to apply in person for on Mon. morning unless the job I want FINALLY calls. That is the job I really want but I am going to start exploring these other possibilities b/c I can't wait forever. I am hoping he will call first thing Mon. morning but if not, oh, well. At least I know that there are some other options now. I guess you can tell my whole attitude is better than last night. I just feel really good today for sticking with this. Well, I will post more tomorrow.

I definitely give today 5 golden sunnies and am proud to be able to!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Woohoo! 5 golden Sunnies!!

I'm glad you're having a better day today Tasha.

Welcome to WISH journaling Tasha!
It sounds like you are on the right track for success.::yes:: I WISH you the very best!!

Good luck with your job search. Don't you just hate waiting for "the call"? I hope that you get the job that you want!

Keep up the good work and congratulations on your clippie!:Pinkbounc

Have a great Sunday!

Tracy:wave2:

Way to go Tasha! :Pinkbounc I'm looking forward to seeing that little bear with BIG double digits next to him! ::yes::

I hope that you find your perfect job very soon. I know how frustrating that can be. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter