Tax Refund

bethsg

Mouseketeer
I know we had a thread here a while back about spending the refund we are all getting. But I am just curious, has at this point in time, has everyone gotten a letter saying what they were going to be getting? I am one of the live life on the wild side, who spent my windfall before I got it... but now I haven't gotten the letter yet... So, who's gotten a letter from the IRS, and who hasn't?

We received ours last week. Seems your refund checks will be sent out according to your last 2 numbers of the social security number used to file your Federal return. Our SS # is fairly low, and we are scheduled for a check to arrive by 8/20.

I received my letter last week also and I'm not getting my check until the first week in September.

Have you moved since you filed your 2000 tax return? That is the address they are going on. We got our letter last week and will be recieving our Disney Fund boost, uh I mean tax rebate, the week of August 20th. You can find out more about it www.irs.gov

:earsgirl:

We got our letter on Friday, July 20th. Unfortunatly we dont get the max. We are getting $219.00. It is scheduled for the first part of August.

I received my letter last week and I am scheduled to receive my check the week of July 30, just in time for my VACATION! YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I did. Mine will arrive at the end of Sept for the full $500. That is, if George figures out where the money is coming from, by then...

Wanda

Our letter says $300 for the week of August 13th. No plans yet, my hubby and I are trying to decide what to do. So many choices...

Jenn

We got our letter last week - saying that $600 is on its way THIS week! :)

Hey Sandy!

We got our letter last week - but its not really a letter - more like one of those things you get that are often bills - you know you have to fold and tear the sides to open. It almost looks like junk mail although it does say on there that it is from the IRS and is important tax payer information! I wonder if they are mailing them out in batches close to when your refund is being sent out - we get ours the week of August 3.

Liz

I got my letter today.... phew.. now I can continue to spend it before I get it, well in my mind at least!. But I get my $600 in mid August, so I am in happy mode now... THanks for all the responses.

IF you are getting any return you should have rec'd notice by now.
We are one of the lucky ones who rec'd notification that we will
receive the full $600 end of July. Seems there are different amts
other than the $300-500-600 talked about.....depending on your
income/status/how much pd in, etc. I'm hearing some not getting
anything, others only getting $5. Between this (thank you George)
and honey's 4 wks vacation $'s he's saved up ~ we are blessed to
afford a trip for our retirement, a 'once in a lifetime' trip to Europe.
We're also pinching pennies for our first family Disney Cruise for 2002 ! :D

We received our letter on Jul 18 and we're getting the whole $600.00. Woo Hoo

I already got my 600. I guess all the Democrats will be sending theirs back as this tax cut is too large for them.:jester:

WE GOT OUR LETTER LAST WEEK . WE LEAVE ON SEPTEMBER 22. OUR CHECK WILL COMETHE WEEL OF THE 10TH, JUST IN TIME YIPEE!!!!!!:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Got our check today. Unfortunately our pool liner has a hole so we will not have our check very long. Would much rather spend it during our Disney triop in Aug.

Yes that's right $26.00 Our letter said $600 so I called the irs & got their automated ssevice which explained that
I could figure out the amount by looking @ line 39 of my return & figuring 5% of taxable income. They said the rebate would be the lesser of the 2. My % is over $600. Any tax experts that can explain this to me????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter