TCS Fuel Card Questions

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
I thought I remembered several others using the TCS Fuel Card for discounted diesel at truck stops. I signed up for the card today and downloaded the app, but every truck stop I put in is showing the same price for "TCS price" vs "retail price". They claim an average 42 cents savings per gallon. I'm not sure if there is a waiting period for the account to be setup, but I can login with my email address. It hasn't given me the option to tie a credit/debit card to the account anywhere.

j

Thanks Chris. I can't find a direct link to TSD. Only reviews on all the RV forums and blog sites. Does TSD have a referral program? I'll put you down if it does.

j

Thanks Chris. I can't find a direct link to TSD. Only reviews on all the RV forums and blog sites. Does TSD have a referral program? I'll put you down if it does.

j

j

yes they do, it may be under EFS now, the have changed apps a couple times.

I have it. I've seen that T/A and Petro have the best discounts. Love's, Pilot/Flying J are less gooder on the discounts. I've found some smaller companies (Casey's) and some other random fuel stops on the app that were good deals along the route. I think overall there is good savings, but I haven't used it since summer.

If nothing else, the convenience of being able to start the pump in the truck lanes is almost worth the card enough to me.

I'll probably sign up for TSD in the future. I waited a little too long to decide. The TSD web site says 3-4 weeks for approval and the card.

The TCS card should be set up before we leave.

On a separate note, the E-pass for the coach came this week, so I'm all set for the toll roads.

j

I'll probably sign up for TSD in the future. I waited a little too long to decide. The TSD web site says 3-4 weeks for approval and the card.

The TCS card should be set up before we leave.

On a separate note, the E-pass for the coach came this week, so I'm all set for the toll roads.

j

TSD has an app, should only be a short time to process. you will get an email to use the app before if you need to.

I found TSD web site. You can use it with just the app? It says allow 3-4 weeks to receive the card.

j

Oh, I didn't realize there was a different card. I thought we were talking TSD the whole time. I thought I saw typos or am punch drunk from cleaning up trees for the last 3 days.

My comment above was about the TSD card.

For TSD, when you're approved they let you set up your account and credentials on the app when the card is in the mail. So then you can check it out. Unless something has changed, I have to use the card at the pump.

So to clarify, you have to have the physical card at the pump and can't just use the app to scan something to turn on the pump?

j

Correct. App tells you where the discounts are. I have to swipe the card and enter in account number at the pump.

If I recall it didn't take 3 to 4 weeks to get it, but around the holidays I'm sure it's not going to be super speedy.

The Open Roads app only give you the price you will pay. If you want pump start without the card you will need to load it into the app for each truck stop like the Loves app. This is something I never bothered with, I just keep the card in the truck. When I stop its not that hard to swipe the card, answer the questions and start the pump right there.

I got the TCS card in the mail last week and applied for the TSD. The TCS card has to be preloaded with money. I haven't figured out how to do that yet with my credit union. The app is asking for a "Zelle token" that my credit union hasn't heard of. TSD just links to the account so you get debited as you use it. I doubt it will show up before we leave.

j

My bank uses Zelle. It's just another money transfer service. I don't care for it. I'm a self proclaimed nerd, but it stymies me to get payment set up.

Little update on the fuel card front. My bank won't play well with the TCS card. Good news is I received my TSD card in the mail on Monday. I applied on 12/26. Even with the holidays, it was only 8 days.

Better news is, there is a Buc-ee's in GA about where I need to stop. The TA and Loves nearby with the TCS/TSD discount are both around $3.22/gallon for diesel. Buc-ee's is $2.99. I know where I'm stopping on the way down.

j

Last edited:
Good luck, I tried that once and trying to get a 60' long vehicle by the auto-diesel pumps with the rest of the crowd was not worth it. Although then I paid only 10c a gallon more to fill at TA.

Good luck, I tried that once and trying to get a 60' long vehicle by the auto-diesel pumps with the rest of the crowd was not worth it.
I was able to get run the gauntlet at the Buc-ee's outside Gulf Shores with the coach pulling the Explorer on the trailer. That place is always packed. Garneska has scoped out the one in Warner Robbins and said it was MH friendly. We'll see. I used to pull a 48 ft race trailer in and out of places. If it looks too tight, I'll head down the road.

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter