• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Teacher discounts at swan/dolphin

pooh5594

Mouseketeer
Hey!!
My first time posting!! So proud of myself!
We've been trying to figure out when to go to D.W. We have a child with special needs and there's really no place like Disney for the wonderful treatment that my child has recieved on vacation. So we come to the world at least once a year.
The question is, we usually stay at a deluxe because of the "containment" of the hotel itself. Easy walking etc.
We're looking at maybe "Jersey Week" in November but we're also thinking of early May for her birthday. Is there usually a teacher discount in May at the Swan/Dolphin?
Thanks for letting me ramble!
Pooh

I think the teacher rate at Swan/Dolphin is constant.

Does anyone know what you show as proof....?
Do you bring a pay stub, copy of teaching certificate.
I do have a teacher ID, but the date on it says 2003 since that is the date I had it made. We do not need to get them done every year, and since I don't like having my picture taken, I don't.

I believe all you need is a paystub or like you said a teachers ID. Ive lloked into it myself and am thinking about it for our future (hopefully next year)trip I totally agree with your bringing your child with special needs to disney. My 5 yr old son has cp and its one of the most handicapped accomidating places ever and they treat him like a king. we will be making another trip back ourselves in about 2 months!!!!

Can substitute teachers qualify for this too? In our area, you don't have to be a certified teacher to substitute. So, I'll be starting next year. I will have a name tag - engraved with my name and name of school - and of course, pay stubs. Will this work?

They required a state teacher certificate from us, the last time we stayed there. I believe that was back in 2004 though! Also to the best of my knowledge the rates are a constant thing, just sometimes they book up way in advance. Good luck with the next trip! :cool1:

I was just at the Swan a couple of weeks ago and took a copy of my teaching contract with me as proof. (My paychecks are direct-deposited.)

*mary*

Thanks for all of the replies. I don't think that the teacher discount is a constant thing because when I've called in Febuary, they said that there were no discounts being offered at that time. This included AAA as well!!
Thanks again for the replies.

I also am a teacher and all I showed was my paystub with the school district on it. no Problems at all. My ds is a special needs child and he did great at the Dolphin. We took the boat quite a few times and we were able to EPCOT which was nice. I really liked the Dolphin GREAT POOL!!!!!! This year we are staying at POR because we got a really great rate.

Check out www.allearsnet.com for Swan Dolphin teacher rates. We did this in 2001 and got The Dolphin for $99 a night over Christmas!! Of course 9/11 played a role in that too I'm sure but it was an awesome deal!! :flower: I brought my union card as proof but they never even asked.

Good luck!

I booked our rooms at the teacher's rate of $149/night for Dec 17-21, 2005 at the Dolphin.

My husband is paid on a teacher's salary at a public school, even though his position title is "school psychologist." He works with special needs kids and their families and has a teacher's certificate from the state.

I wasn't sure if we could get the discount, but he is paid just like a teacher, so hopefully it applies. When I made our reservations, they said as long as it says "teacher" on his paperwork, it applies.

I plan to bring his school ID, his paystub, his contract with teacher salary on it, and the state certificate (just to be safe!). I'm still hoping for a lower rate, so we won't have to worry about what to bring for proof.

Any other school psychologists out there who have used this discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter