Tell me truly about Oga’s Cantina…

Oga’s was a one and done for us, although I’ve been twice because my parents wanted to try it. The first visit it was myself and my husband, and our two kids…. And we got a standing cocktail table. Which is not enjoyable after walking the parks all day. Our kids were miserable. We found the appetizer we ordered to be meh, and the non alcoholic drinks we ordered we sooooo sweet. My husband has never gone back. 😂

The second time I went with my parents- no kids- and we got a shared table. It was a much better experience and the alcoholic drinks were good. We didn’t order food.

We don't drink much alcohol and we are HUGE Star Wars fans (like we named our kid after a Star Wars character). It's definitely a must-see and the bread was so good...but we won't be going back. We are both introverts and we felt awkward packed into a booth with a bunch of strangers. It's also loud and a bit chaotic in there, which is not our vibe. But we are glad we tried it once!

If you already have the reservation, go and look. But we were SO underwhelmed considering the hype for Oga's. The number of people inside made it uncomfortable.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Galaxy's Edge also has a regular (mobile app) order place, with inside seating and lots of ambiance - Docking Bay 7. Look on the App to find the door, it's not obvious how to get there lol. Food is cute - standard fare with a twist in colors etc. that kids may or may not like.

Last edited:
Sadly, I have to agree with the one-and-dones. We're pretty big Star Wars fans, and it was cool to go inside and see things, but truthfully - we'd have been happier if they let us have a 3-min tour and photo op. We just did not like the drinks, and the awkward shared table and crowd unfortunately did not make up for that.

We had 5 different NA drinks among the 4 of us. I got the Black Spire Brew b/c I desperately needed a caffeine hit and couldn't drink even half of it. DS14 did not like the Hyperdrive one and asked why he couldn't just get the Sprite that was in it lol. DH got Jabba Juice and drank it, but didn't love it (he made a bit of a face with the first drink, at the sweetness). DD17 got Cliff Dweller first and liked that, then got Moogan Tea and drank maybe half. She has a MUCH higher tolerance for sweet drinks than the rest of us.

For what it's worth, the Batuu Bits were delicious, we ordered them last time. We didn't go there for a meal, but I needed something in my stomach after a Jet Juice and a Fuzzy Tauntaun!

We went twice. The first visit we were at the standing only bar, the second time the standing round tables. Bar was a much better location than the standing table.

The drinks were fun and it had good decor but in my opinion, it needed way more animatronic and I was disappointed in that.

Well, I’m still sitting on the fence…I do think I should try it once just for the experience and the other side says I’ll probably be disappointed…LOL

Guess we’ll see which one wins…

Well, I’m still sitting on the fence…I do think I should try it once just for the experience and the other side says I’ll probably be disappointed…LOL

I think you'll like it. And if you don't go now you might have the same conundrum next time you go to the park.

Just go in with medium expectations. It's really unique, and worth at least one visit.

Worse comes to worst— sit down, look at the menu and leave if you don't like the food choices or ambience.

It's great to do once. It's definitely worth a walk through but better to stay a while and take in the atmosphere and the goings on. I don't need or want to go again. It was fine, but Star Wars isn't my thing so it has little draw. If Star Wars IS your thing you'll probably love it!

Are you going solo or with a group? If you are solo and just want to take a look inside, they will let you. You don't need a reservation. Just walk up to the host anytime and explain you'd just like to take a quick peek inside.

This place got neutered….

It used to be a great place where multiple visits would be a guarentee. Sadly, they neutered it.

The drinks used to be great to drink AND look at, not they are pretty much boring as all get out.

During the first few months , I went to Oga’s twice. BOTH times characters came into the bar and it was like a little show.

The best on was an imperial officer and 2 Stormies, the place got real quiet and the bartenders hushed the crowd. The officer went around asking people questions with the troopers in tow. It was awesome…..

Sadly , they do not seem to be doing this sort of thing any more.

The bartenders used to play the part alot more also, all kinds of acting and special chants and dances to certain songs, have not seen that in a while either….

Visit once now, see the sites, other than that its a pass for me now.

This place got neutered….

It used to be a great place where multiple visits would be a guarentee. Sadly, they neutered it.

The drinks used to be great to drink AND look at, not they are pretty much boring as all get out.

During the first few months , I went to Oga’s twice. BOTH times characters came into the bar and it was like a little show.

The best on was an imperial officer and 2 Stormies, the place got real quiet and the bartenders hushed the crowd. The officer went around asking people questions with the troopers in tow. It was awesome…..

Sadly , they do not seem to be doing this sort of thing any more.

The bartenders used to play the part alot more also, all kinds of acting and special chants and dances to certain songs, have not seen that in a while either….

Visit once now, see the sites, other than that its a pass for me now.

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I have never heard of this happening inside Oga's. We visited for the first time literally when the land was in that soft open mode and you needed a VQ spot to enter. Didn't see anything like that and have not seen any evidence that this was ever a thing. Do you have a video?

For us, Oga's was a one and done as well. We booked a reservation in advance and my mom and I had my two young daughters with us. We didn't get a seat and we had to stand at a table to drink our drinks. This was challenging with two little kids. They couldn't really reach the table well to enjoy their drinks. I asked if we could wait for a table and they said no, and that getting a table is random and a seat is never guaranteed. For us, that's a pass!

Put me in the one and done group. Then again I'm the only star wars fan in the family, but even then it was an odd experience overall. Seems like it is more for the Disney adult crowd without kids.

I think it's worth going in and seeing it, just set expectations low.

I had a pretty good drink last weekend. It was the Tarkenian Nightflower. It was quite strong. The $18 price tag wasn't warranted, however. I mean, it's a pre mixed drink. This is my main beef with this place. At these prices, they should have drinks mixed to order. It could be part of the entertainment.

Even though they are using premixed cocktails and juices, service is so slow. We literally only went in here because my husband needed a drink at 10:30am to deal with his PTSD, and the wait was short. Otherwise, we never go here. The standing tables really are awful.

Are you going solo or with a group? If you are solo and just want to take a look inside, they will let you. You don't need a reservation. Just walk up to the host anytime and explain you'd just like to take a quick peek inside.
Thnanks,DLGal! Didn’t know you cou do that! That would make a lot more sense in my situation, yes, I’ll be solo. I really just want to see what it looks like…don’t need to spend a lot of time.

Just hopping on to add that it looks like oga’s might be “changing…?” if you try and book you will get a notification that “Sorry!
There are no times available between 4:00 PM and 11:30 PM.
This dinner show is offered Tuesdays through Saturdays.”

We have a reservation today so I will try and ask what is up! OP you may want to hold o to that reservation just in case! Can always decide closer to your date, or day of now. Love that 2 hr cancellation window.

Attachments

• 963DE8F1-2F57-4AEB-A431-658DA3AE1ADA.png
    963DE8F1-2F57-4AEB-A431-658DA3AE1ADA.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 4
Ooh yes, please find out! How could you have dinner standing at a bar though?

We went to oga’s at DL in 2019 with DD and her husband and had a blast. It was a stand up table and it was 10:30 at night and we were exhausted so we didn’t stay long but the crowd was lively. We just went in January with Star Wars obsessed DH at WDW at lunch time and we’re very underwhelmed. It was darker, the crowd was boring and the servers were boring. The Batuu Bits were delicious but not very filling. The drinks are ridiculously overpriced and very sweet. DH just wanted a “normal beer” and even he was not impressed

Add me to the one and done category. We got a standing place at the bar with a nice view of DJ Rex. But my son couldn’t barely reach. Drank a few sips of his drink. DH and I each tried two drinks and they were not memorable. We had the pop rocks thing.

DH is less critical but hasn’t clamored to go back. And DS would rather use downtime to play that game on my phone around Galaxys Edge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter