tenting

troche

Earning My Ears
hi again another question from a newbie if we decide to go camping anyone ever tent in feb. i am interested in the weather. is tenting really alright at wdw i see lots of posts but mostly from people with campers. by the way i love to read all these post you people are very helpful i am a huge disney fan and i reard this stuff every day thank you in advance for any tips you may give.

cbr
allstar sports
csr
outside:bounce:

My DF and I went tent camping last Feb. and we loved it. The weather was a little chilly, but we had a portable heater that we plugged in at night and kept warm. That and our sleeping bags are pretty warm too. We had a fun time and we are heading back next June with our new pop top. Good Luck!

A tent would be fine at FW. We went last year, the weather was perfect for camping. Cool at night, warm in the day. The nights can get cool. Sleeping bags are the answer, plus a blanket to wrap up in just in case it gets cold. Also, just a ground pad, which makes sleeping more comfortable and insulates you from the ground. My wife & I have tented in the mountains in summer, it got down to 25 but slept warm in sleeping bags, in a tent. Have fun.
TomM

You will have no problems at all...
Only if they have a SNOW STORM LOL LOL LOL
It will be fine have a great time.

Another good idea is to lay down one of those emrgency blankets that are designed to reflect body heat and lay it under what your sleeping on or in. We had beautiful sunny days and it even got into the eighties while we were there, but the mornings were chilly while waiting for the buses, so dress in layers.

I was just wondering how cold it would be in a tent in December and if anyone actually camped out in tents. So I go to Camp Board and heres a post to answer my questain.
Thanks everyone.

tigger

Asfor the temps, overnight in the 50s is not uncommon in feb. I recommend one of the portable heaters available for tents. My sister uses one and loves it.

I have been to FW in Feb, and seen many tents.

The 1500 and 2200 loops are usually filled with pop-ups and tents. We've tented twice before moving up to a pop-up after 30 years of tenting. We use ground pads with sleeping bags, and bring a small electric heater. In 00 in February, we didn't need to turn on the electric heater--weather was in 70's in daytime, and 50's at night. However, we are from NEng and camp in NH until Columbus Day where sometimes it snows! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter